Indoor areas (with multiple floors)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Xetrius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Indoor areas (with multiple floors)

Post by Xetrius »

Building a factory should also involve building the building and not just some walls around a furnace, I would love to see more ways to make the factory look and feel like a unique and creative factory

For example:
An area that has been enclosed with construction-walls becomes an indoor area that is able to have new floors above, a wooden construction 1 floor, a brick construction 2 floors and the concrete with steel construction 3+).
The construction of an indoor area comes with some benefits and some risks
+ Indoor power supply
+ a bit more pollution control
- the indoor area acts like one object when attacked, when it gets destroyed it leaves a resource patch "rubble" that can be mined and then sorted and burned.
- the higher buildings draw more attention from a larger radius and are more likely to be attacked.

purposed items
Wooden construction wall
(tools + Iron nails + Wood)
Wooden floor
(Wood)

Brick construction wall
(Tools + Iron + Brick + Copper wire + Lights)
Brick foundation
(Tools + Iron + Brick)

Concrete construction wall
(Tools + Concrete + Copper wire + Steel + Lights)
Smart Construction wall (From the inside: logistical wiring possible inside the walls. From the outside: logistical connections to the building as a whole)
(Tools + Electronic circuits + Concrete + Copper wire + Steel)
Concrete foundation
(Tools + Concrete + Copper wire + Steel)

Tech upgrade examples
Solar roofs (lower building specific electrical consumption)
Basement (one additional level ideal for off-loading trains)
Carbon filter (reduce pollution output)

New connector examples
vertical pipes, belt up, belt down, belt bridge, elevators, train hopper (1st floor -> ground), train offload hopper (ground -> basement), stairs, suction pipe, pressure pipe etc.

I think that's enough examples to get my idea across, if not feel free to message me have a good day :)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Indoor areas (with multiple floors)

Post by mrvn »

Have you tried the factorissimo2 mod? It doesn't have multiple floors (yet?) but you get your indoor area.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

mrvn wrote:Have you tried the factorissimo2 mod? It doesn't have multiple floors (yet?) but you get your indoor area.
It does have multiple 'floors' through recursion; put a factorissimo building in another building.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

d3x0r wrote:
mrvn wrote:Have you tried the factorissimo2 mod? It doesn't have multiple floors (yet?) but you get your indoor area.
It does have multiple 'floors' through recursion; put a factorissimo building in another building.
True. I was thinking more of floors that are physically above each other so you can place a lift. Or a kind of underground belt expect that it comes out on the floor below as an to-ceiling belt.

fechnert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fechnert »

Xetrius wrote:Building a factory should also involve building the building and not just some walls around a furnace, I would love to see more ways to make the factory look and feel like a unique and creative factory
That would be really nice. Can think of good purposes. But are there limitations for the size of an indoor area? I mean, i could easily build a large rectangle of 100x100 wooden construction walls. This would mean i need some pillars on the lowest floor if i have another floor above. And would the size of the indoor area affect the actracctive-ness for biters?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198066150999.']Image[/url]

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

And when the building gets destroyed the content should not vanish.

Maybe when a building takes damage part of that damage should go towards the building and part towards the content. So when the building is destroyed you are left with damaged content unless it took enough damage to be destroyed itself.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”