pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Mella »

Pyanodon, please, can you explain to me how destructive distillation column can work without water or steam? Its strange magic for now

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Pyanodon, please, can you explain to me how destructive distillation column can work without water or steam? Its strange magic for now
Its called destructive for a reason. Not all destilations needs water..even less the coal one. To avoid even more complications, the heat is by electricity. If youre looking for realism, that mod wont satisfy your needs. Because too much realism sux. :mrgreen:
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote: Pyanodoтб them of Earnshaw's theorem will be interesting for exploration, what ur ideas for its applications?
Levitation my friend...levitation. :) Is one of the paths i will follow if hi-tech is chosen.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Pyanodoтб them of Earnshaw's theorem will be interesting for exploration, what ur ideas for its applications?
Levitation my friend...levitation. :) Is one of the paths i will follow if hi-tech is chosen.
And again my grammar limps, sorry, it is so a shame
That's good innovation, hover transportation? may be u're planing to improve robots which are flying?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

I've voted for Alien Life altough I would prefer to see compatibility of pY coal processing with Angel's mods first.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Northgate wrote:I've voted for Alien Life altough I would prefer to see compatibility of pY coal processing with Angel's mods first.
Agree, but let's not push on pyanodon and Nexela, let them make more important things in their mod, Northgate

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

With the current beta, I've hit a bit of a balance problem. Ash is needed to produce the green packs but the only way to do that right now would be to waste a lot of vented coal gas/syn gas (which should be burned in generators but they're not working). Or is there a simple recipe I've missed in there?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:With the current beta, I've hit a bit of a balance problem. Ash is needed to produce the green packs but the only way to do that right now would be to waste a lot of vented coal gas/syn gas (which should be burned in generators but they're not working). Or is there a simple recipe I've missed in there?

Yes, you´re right. Ash is only produced as a waste product in several recipes. I never run out of ash before and for sure with generators working, it will have plenty. But anyway, i will add a simple ash recipe in next releases for somehow, someone run out of ash. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Northgate wrote:I've voted for Alien Life altough I would prefer to see compatibility of pY coal processing with Angel's mods first.

Thanks for your vote, but the compatibility with angels will start only after the official release. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:With the current beta, I've hit a bit of a balance problem. Ash is needed to produce the green packs but the only way to do that right now would be to waste a lot of vented coal gas/syn gas (which should be burned in generators but they're not working). Or is there a simple recipe I've missed in there?

Yes, you´re right. Ash is only produced as a waste product in several recipes. I never run out of ash before and for sure with generators working, it will have plenty. But anyway, i will add a simple ash recipe in next releases for somehow, someone run out of ash. :)
Yeah me... I loaded up my migrated 0.14 save and rebuilt the science line. That meant clay, clay means ash so I went to my coal processing area and found a few thousand in a warehouse from making tar plus syngas. That lasted a little while but it's now gone. All the tanks are full of creosote, tar, coalgas, syngas etc and I didn't want to just tip it all on the ground and waste all that time/materials. So yeah, something simple would be cool.

It occurred to me that steam boilers using coal or wood as fuel should leave ash as residue. Of course once you switch to nuclear that's gone too so maybe not.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Yeah me... I loaded up my migrated 0.14 save and rebuilt the science line. That meant clay, clay means ash so I went to my coal processing area and found a few thousand in a warehouse from making tar plus syngas. That lasted a little while but it's now gone. All the tanks are full of creosote, tar, coalgas, syngas etc and I didn't want to just tip it all on the ground and waste all that time/materials. So yeah, something simple would be cool.

It occurred to me that steam boilers using coal or wood as fuel should leave ash as residue. Of course once you switch to nuclear that's gone too so maybe not.
Well, if your problem is rich clay, try distillate Tar. It´s available since Coal processing 1.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: Well, if your problem is rich clay, try distillate Tar. It´s available since Coal processing 1.
That produces a bunch of gas that would be wasted along with the ash.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:
pyanodon wrote: Well, if your problem is rich clay, try distillate Tar. It´s available since Coal processing 1.
That produces a bunch of gas that would be wasted along with the ash.
You wont be able to contain all the gases and fluids that mod will produce. :) too bad theres no generators. I cant be creating all kinds of recipes to them became useless later when generators became functional.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Welll...good and bad news people!

The generators indeed is a mess now after 0.15, so we will rebuild everything.

BUT, we will fix that.

The idea we´re mulling over is probably create a "universal fluid" to be used in all generators in that mod and future ones. How that fluid will be made is what we are focusing now :D
Soon the generators will back to work and the mod will be finally released :D
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

That's probably for the best right now.

Like I wrote earlier, there are some mod authors trying to get an API addition to allow fluid types to be changed but if and when that will happen is unknown. You can always change again if it happens.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:Welll...good and bad news people!

The generators indeed is a mess now after 0.15, so we will rebuild everything.

BUT, we will fix that.

The idea we´re mulling over is probably create a "universal fluid" to be used in all generators in that mod and future ones. How that fluid will be made is what we are focusing now :D
Soon the generators will back to work and the mod will be finally released :D
Oh Yeah, official release, and updates via mod portal, sounds good :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Found another cross point between bob's and petrochem and PYCP - glycerol can be produced in petrochem via long chain from hydrogen chloride, eh as long as i play with petrochem I even more often am convinced that chlorine technology chain is one of the longest and tiresome chains in the petrochem, and i often need sodium hydroxide, It should be noted that in the project there is a sodium - i don' know how it possible to have sodium in pure form, however sodium has to be stored in some special conditions that it wasn't oxidized to a condition of oxide of sodium in real life

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Found another cross point between bob's and petrochem and PYCP - glycerol can be produced in petrochem via long chain from hydrogen chloride, eh as long as i play with petrochem I even more often am convinced that chlorine technology chain is one of the longest and tiresome chains in the petrochem, and i often need sodium hydroxide, It should be noted that in the project there is a sodium - i don' know how it possible to have sodium in pure form, however sodium has to be stored in some special conditions that it wasn't oxidized to a condition of oxide of sodium in real life

in my mod, glycerol is easy produced by FTS´d mukmoux fat. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm sorry what means mukmoux? How it can be translated or it's name for some thing or process?
By the way Arch666angel did cool sodium chloride (salt) processing where i can get sodium with chlorine and after sodium i can get sodium hydroxide which i need in huge counts

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm sorry what means mukmoux? How it can be translated or it's name for some thing or process?
It´s a name of the alien animal where you extract fat from it.

pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”