[0.16] Teleportation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14] Teleportation

Post by apriori »

vmadman wrote:Hello,

I'd like to use this mod in sandbox mode, which does not have an actual player model. However, each time I try to use it, I get an error.

Have you tried to use this mod in sandbox mode? If not, do you think support could be added?

Thanks,
I'll look into it, thanks for the feedback!
cyrus47 wrote:Hey, is it possible for you to re-look at the Science pack required to unlock? With .15 coming in and using the .15 science revolution you need yellow packs, which is as end game as possible. Shouldn't it be blue then yellow? Also playing with Angel and Bobs, which just makes it even worse :P I had to spawn some in with console hehehehe. Thx
The recipes and tech costs are already changed. Now I'm catching bugs to release fine-working mod for 0.15))
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14] Teleportation

Post by apriori »

Updated for 0.15.x
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Mezmerro
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15] Teleportation

Post by Mezmerro »

Few issues in a current version:
1) Teleport Beacon does not show animation
2) Teleport Beacon sprite is off-center (try to shift it on X axis)
3) When using jump marker while personal teleporter does not have enough charge it displays "personal teleporter not equiped" message (or something like that)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Mezmerro wrote:Few issues in a current version:
3) When using jump marker while personal teleporter does not have enough charge it displays "personal teleporter not equiped" message (or something like that)
Fixed in mod v0.15.5. Also added Telelogistics, now there's no way to make beacons animated I know.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

apriori wrote:
Mezmerro wrote:Few issues in a current version:
Fixed in mod v0.15.5. Also added Telelogistics, now there's no way to make beacons animated I know.
new mod?

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Airat9000 wrote:new mod?
Telelogistics is realized as a part of Teleportation. Update it and then enable through the mods settings menu.

kevincool87
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kevincool87 »

Is there a way to change the beacon's inventory size? Currently it's limited to 2 types of items, hoping I could change something in the mod lua files but so far I don't know which part can change it. I'm using the beacon with Teleprovider chests.

edit: Nevermind, found it in entity.lua, inventory size=10 <- changed to 20 and now I can move more than 2 types of items. Not sure I understand the maths behind this but all's well that ends well :)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

kevincool87 wrote:Is there a way to change the beacon's inventory size? Currently it's limited to 2 types of items, hoping I could change something in the mod lua files but so far I don't know which part can change it. I'm using the beacon with Teleprovider chests.

edit: Nevermind, found it in entity.lua, inventory size=10 <- changed to 20 and now I can move more than 2 types of items. Not sure I understand the maths behind this but all's well that ends well :)
The math is simple: Beacon is a container (like other chests) with only 10 inv slots. And those slots work in vanilla way. So you can input 10 types of items.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

When working on my mod, I found that your teleporter beacon have a wrong bounding box. It's 5 tile by 5 tile instead of the 4 by 4 of the current building making them having 1 tile gap on the left and down side when placing next to water or whenever the game try to check for whole tile collision (like with my mod).

See it in action (explanation and fix for it below) :
Can't place here but I can place a roboport...
Can't place here but I can place a roboport...
bug_bounding_box.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
We should be able to place it here but the game don't let us place it.
where I can place it have a tile gap.
where I can place it have a tile gap.
bug bounding.jpg (69.84 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
Where the game let us place it, there is a tile gap, see when compared to a roboport.

The reason is your collision box is 4 tile wide. if your building is placed on the 0 x coordinate, the collision will be from 0 through 4 x coordinate. Or the 4 coordinate is part of the fifth tile. So when the game check for collision with tile it see that the building collide as a tile coordinate next to the building begin a 4 coordinate. The problem don't appear with building as building collision don't usually are whole tile length. A simple fix for it is reducing your collision box by 0.1 point by changing in prototypes/entity.lua at line 109 :

Code: Select all

collision_box = {{-2, -2}, {1.9,1.9}},
now the building is placeable :
The fix works ;)
The fix works ;)
problem corrected.jpg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Neemys wrote:now the building is placeable
Thanks a lot! Fixed in 0.15.6 mod version.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Dang. There's currently no way to increase the energy available to the personal teleporter above 100MJ, right? But with the new map zoom-to-world, we *can* target way beyond the original max range. Would be great if the personal teleporter could use energy from batteries.

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

When placing the jump targeter on the toolbelt and trying to use it when the player's inventory is full, the targeter disappears. I am having to make sure my inventory has at least one free slot before I use the targeter to prevent this from happening.

TAT3R_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TAT3R_ »

Getting an error http://imgur.com/a/hzESA Do you know how to fix?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Remove research queue

The Zero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The Zero »

Hi, first of all - great mod!

After updating to newest version (0.15.22), Jump Targeter is always unequipped after teleportation. I like to have it locked in my toolbelt, but now it unequips into inventory (not even toolbelt).

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

who is work in? teleportaion

привет я не понял как работает телепортатор вещей с точки а в точку б.
ничего не перебрасывает :(
2017-06-22_20-17-06.jpg
2017-06-22_20-17-06.jpg (179.24 KiB) Viewed 8557 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Figured :) by the way, but it can not be so that the chests and beacons would consume energy, and then how can you freeze with 10 km without spending electricity. And you can not think of tankers with liquids to move liquids)

разобрался :) кстати а нельзя так что бы сундуки и маяки потребляли энергию а то как то халявно можно с 10км перемещать без траты электричества. И нельзя придумать еще танкеры с жидкостями что бы перемещать жидкости)

Brotherlui
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15] Teleportation - Beacon List

Post by Brotherlui »

Dear apriori,

It seems there is a problem with the beacon list. Its paged length seems to be fixed to 20 entries,
unfortunately only 18 are accessible if rocket launch pad is built.
I´ve got 27 beacons but only 18 on page1 and 7 on page2 are shown.
Page1 and 2 of 27 beacons
Page1 and 2 of 27 beacons
beaconlist.png (77.89 KiB) Viewed 8485 times
Many thanks if you can fix this.

Best regards

CodeZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CodeZ »

Brotherlui wrote:I´ve got 27 beacons but only 18 on page1 and 7 on page2 are shown.
See if setting 'Mod settings' -> 'Per player' -> 'Teleportation page size' to 18 or such helps.

Brotherlui
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Brotherlui »

CodeZ wrote: See if setting 'Mod settings' -> 'Per player' -> 'Teleportation page size' to 18 or such helps.
it works
many thanks, that´s the solution i was looking for.

Return to “Mods”