[0.14] [kovarex] Power Switch blueprint doesn't remember power line positions

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14] [kovarex] Power Switch blueprint doesn't remember power line positions

Post by DaveMcW »

You don't need to put the power switch in range of any pole. Wires reach up to 7 tiles.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14] [kovarex] Power Switch blueprint doesn't remember power line positions

Post by Yoyobuae »

DaveMcW wrote:You don't need to put the power switch in range of any pole. Wires reach up to 7 tiles.
True, but that's manual wiring. Which can't be blueprinted.

I would prefer if no manual wiring at all was needed for power switch to work. Either by allowing it to work based on placement only without wires, or by making the wiring happen automatically.

Toch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Toch »

Did this move anywhere or still no custom cables in blueprints ?

diederTheBeater
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diederTheBeater »

The power switch is a compleetly useless entity if it cant be used with blueprints. Blueprinting is one of the core features of factorio. Thats really sad.

Any advanced energy saving setup with multiple power networks is impossible, since blueprinting just connects random poles.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

Supposedly this is fixed in 0.15.24?

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Still no manually placed cables in blueprint. But the power switch cables are restored correctly. Not sure if it should be here but...
Original:
Placed:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

wvlad wrote:Still no manually placed cables in blueprint. But the power switch cables are restored correctly. Not sure if it should be here but...
Original:
Placed:
That's working correctly. Only the connections to/from the power switch are saved in blueprints.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

leitk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by leitk »

There's a mod for that...
I created a mod to (partially) solve this problem.
Tiny Poles that have very low reach so that they don't automatically connect. It allows power switches to be blueprintable with some care.
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=53962

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Hah, I made the same - a "connector" pole with zero wire length so that it only connects nearby entities (solar panel with acc with turret) but not other poles.

joseailton
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseailton »

kovarex wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:15 pm
I decided that it is not worth it, as we want to keep the automatic copper cable connections.
Guys, any new word on this?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

joseailton wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am
kovarex wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:15 pm
I decided that it is not worth it, as we want to keep the automatic copper cable connections.
Guys, any new word on this?
No, it was decided and the topic closed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”