Friday Facts #193 - Party planning & plans

Regular reports on Factorio development.

Adael
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #193 - Party planning & plans

Post by Adael »

I can't stop playing this game. Please help me.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

If You rework the map generation, I hope for an option to make the disstance between patches even bigger. I like to play on Very Low frequency and it still does not feel enought for me personally. I'd like "super low frequency" and "ultra low frequency" to be added, that end up in 10 times more difference between the patches than the current very low setting ;)! Looking forwrd to the generation overhaul. Also I like the new graphics!

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

Nice. Please add hills.^^

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Wait, you are talking about 0.16..does this mean you are postponing 1.0 final release to be 0.17!? :o :shock:
Last edited by Durabys on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xuerian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuerian »

On the subject of mapping updates, admittedly I haven't looked into this at all, and only play with it and remember some random statement perhaps incorrectly:

Any plans to (or is it it already possible) to adjust the terrain type of a map tile and force it to update the borders, in a mod? I use Natural Evolution and I don't know if it's impossible or they're just not doing it when they place desert/alien tiles where aliens die.

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

More HD stuff is good
Will 0.16 be the last version before 1.0?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

If there's one thing among all others I'd like, it's a rework on the decorations and other doodads : right now, it's a pain in the ass to see through them when placing a mine, trying to see what's beneath, ...
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DerHerrWolken
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DerHerrWolken »

Have not been playing for a while so i am not sure if this feature is already implementet. sometimes just rotating a blueprint is not
enough, sometimes you want to MIRROR your blueprint. so is it possible to get a "morror blueprint" feature?

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Mapping updates would be the single biggest feature update for me.

Longer distance between patches (much much longer when desired) and they patches get more and more infrequent the farther you go out.
Separate setting for spawn area -vs- the rest of the map
GUARANTEE that the spawn will have something of each resource unless turned off in spawn.

New inserters are ok, though they seem pretty fragile and not solid enough compared to other components in the game.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Tomik wrote:
Wait, you are talking about 0.16..does this mean you are postponing 1.0 final release to be 0.17!? :o :shock:
As far I remember, 0.16 becomes 1.0 when stabilized.

authorized411
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by authorized411 »

Please allow a "no rocks/trees" option in the deconstruction planner before updating the terrain. I have one that essentially does this but I had to add every rock and tree entity. Doing this was not fun and almost filled every slot in the planner.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Please take a close look to RSO resource generation. It is so popular for a reason. Vanilla resource placement is really bad atm.

Vinnie_NL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vinnie_NL »

Nice to see that the party tickets sold well. And I'm happy to decide I want to be included too 8-). And it would be great if we could buy a Factorio t-shirt there

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Wish I could go to the party. Unfortunately am a few thousand miles away :cry:
Excited to see what the extra man power brings though!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Factorio Blog wrote:With making the red desert last year we realized what we need to do with the other terrains as well. New decoratives, rocks, and many other things, all of which make the terrain look nicer...
Will you be adding new terrain types?
Factorio Blog wrote:...all of which make the terrain look nicer, in additional to new water
Will the water be animated? Perhaps with animated textures and/or shader distortion?
Factorio Blog wrote:and transitions from water to any other terrain.
On the face it, it sounds like the Water Fix mod. Please can it allow concrete, brick, and other paths to be placed right up to the water edge (as the Water Fix mod does). Also can it have special transitions between different types of water?
Factorio Blog wrote:We are also working on new algorithms and processes for map generation, so it will also be more than just a cosmetic improvement.
If you're still using the noise layers for this can there be a way to to boost the scale of certain noise layers globally. To a small extent the elevation, temperature and water noise layers can be rescaled with map generation settings, but even with the max setting it is not enough for something like Alien Biomes. The ability to set a multiplier on a noise layer would be ideal.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

About that terrain rework, I'd really hope for even more - real hills, undergrounds, caves, etc.

Freddy72NZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Freddy72NZ »

mophydeen wrote:Linux <3 :geek: :ugeek:
Been playing on Linux for years. Initially it was a local LAN game (Windows 7 and Debian machines), then Windows 10 came out, now its Linux Mint and Debian machines :)

Have a good one,
Freddy.

Return to “News”