Version 0.15.12

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.12

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Zooming with the mousewheel in the map and zoom-to-world is less aggresive.
  • Fast entity transfer by dragging (ctrl + clicking and dragging) will remember if you're trying to insert or extract items.
  • Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
  • Lab speed info in the description contains the researched speed bonus as well.
  • Sprite quality defaults to High when at least 2.7 GB VRAM is detected (instead of 1.7 GB).
  • Video memory usage defaults to All when at least 1.5 GB VRAM is detected (instead of 0.8 GB).
Bugfixes
  • The statistics window (electric/production/kills) will automatically move to avoid being partially offscreen. (37806)
  • Fixed that keypad /*-+, enter and delete were not usable in the text boxes if assigned in the controls.
  • Fixed that power poles could be built at any distance by exploiting click-and-drag. (46861)
  • Fixed marking underground belt output for deconstruction wouldn't block input from pushing more items into the underground part. (47668)
  • Fixed "Read Stopped Train" checkbox not showing the correct value. (47736)
  • Fixed entities with a burner energy source would show the incorrect power consumption. (44741)
  • Fixed that production achievements could not be obtained. (47793)
  • Fixed that some achievements (raining bullets, logistic network embargo, maybe more) were not properly marked as gained. (47780)
  • Show the productivity bonus on mining drills even when they have no other effects on them. (47786)
  • Fixed some GUI shortcuts not working when colliding with other shortcuts. (45902)
  • Fixed that electric network visualisation on chart showed electric poles from other surfaces. (47746)
  • Fixed that non-ASCII input wasn't possible on Linux. (45484)
  • Fixed error when loading a save containing a folder which contained only subfolders but no files. (45442)
  • Fixed swinging axe as attack might spawn mining particles of a nearby tree or resournce patch. (46265)
  • Fixed that signals built by robots on places that didn't match the suggested direction didn't connect. This caused that some otherwise correct blueprints required manual intervention to fix the signals. (46381)
  • Fixed handling of X11 focus events. (47768)
  • Fixed trains wouldn't leave disabled stations when the next station in the schedule was the same station. (47805)
  • Fixed train stops wouldn't import as string correctly. (47870)
  • Fixed requester chests would render numbers larger than 2,147,483,647 as negative values. (47852)
  • Fixed logging in with email in updater set your username to your email. (47908)
Modding
  • Fixed that electric boiler didn't work. (47716)
  • Fixed int mod setting error display message didn't show the upper limit correctly. (47862)
Scripting
  • Fixed cloning blueprint books wouldn't copy the label/active index. (47801)
  • Fixed that inoperable entities couldn't be rotated even when rotatable was true. (47842)
  • Changed LuaItemStack::trees_only to trees_and_rocks_only.
  • Added LuaEntity::loader_type write.
  • Added LuaFlowStatistics::on_flow().
  • Fixed lua documentation for DeciderCombinatorParameters and CircuitCondition. (47829)
  • Fixed passing invalid arguments to LuaGame::take_screenshot would cause desync. (47890)

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.12

Post by redlabel »

Grats
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Zooming with the mousewheel in the map and zoom-to-world is less aggresive.
Fast entity transfer by dragging (ctrl + clicking and dragging) will remember if you're trying to insert or extract items.
Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
3 times yay!

Diedel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Diedel »

Let's see if my electric boiler really works now.

Sky_Orc_Mm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sky_Orc_Mm »

Please fix the IME issue. viewtopic.php?f=41&t=23934
Chinese player Can not enter any Chinese text through IME, It was very painful!

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Thanks for the great update.

Blackraz0r
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blackraz0r »

I feel like this did not changed the initial problem of having a wider view without the map than in map.

Ref: Wierd Map View

rkfg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rkfg »

A dedicated thanks for fixing non-ASCII input on Linux! I saw the reply about the fix just yesterday and was prepared to wait a week or so (looking at the previous release cycles) and suddenly it's updated today! Yay!

ASB44
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ASB44 »

Blackraz0r wrote:
I feel like this did not changed the initial problem of having a wider view without the map than in map.

The zoom-to-world view distance is not as wide as the player max view distance.
Its about 80%~ of width the current player max view has. I hope they at least change it to be equal in distance as the player max view distance.

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

FactorioBot wrote:Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
Woohoo nice that my suggestion made it through :D

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

ASB44 wrote:
Blackraz0r wrote:

Its about 80%~ of width the current player max view has. I hope they at least change it to be equal in distance as the player max view distance.
Yeah, all they changed was decreasing the 'step' zoom change step. Still seems to undermine the whole benefit of being able to remote view larger areas covered by radar, as the remote viewable area is still smaller than what you can view locally. Dealing with longer blueprints is still just as annoying as it was in 0.15.10 (something that was fixed in <0.15.10). There were like 10+ comments in the 0.15.10 release thread about this point. I wish the devs would explain the decision.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

againey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by againey »

malventano wrote:Yeah, all they changed was decreasing the 'step' zoom change step. Still seems to undermine the whole benefit of being able to remote view larger areas covered by radar, as the remote viewable area is still smaller than what you can view locally. Dealing with longer blueprints is still just as annoying as it was in 0.15.10 (something that was fixed in <0.15.10). There were like 10+ comments in the 0.15.10 release thread about this point. I wish the devs would explain the decision.
I don't get the impression that easing the use of massive blueprints was an intended goal, and might even be something the devs would prefer to discourage. (Note that this is just pure speculation on my part.)

The new map+radar feature is still a nice convenience over 0.14 when you want to check some remote location and get information that you previously couldn't get from the map. Such as if things are backed up on conveyer belts, or if uranium drills are low on sulfuric acid, or if a biter wave looks problematic or is only causing minor damage and doesn't need immediate player attention.

Aki7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aki7 »

Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
In 0.15.10, I was able to select this option and toggle blacklist/whitelist, but this didn't actually change the blacklist/whitelist option. I would like the option to remove everything that isn't natural from an area. This most often occurs when I'm removing mines/belts from a forest area.

porcupine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by porcupine »

malventano wrote:
ASB44 wrote:
Blackraz0r wrote:

Yeah, all they changed was decreasing the 'step' zoom change step. Still seems to undermine the whole benefit of being able to remote view larger areas covered by radar, as the remote viewable area is still smaller than what you can view locally. Dealing with longer blueprints is still just as annoying as it was in 0.15.10 (something that was fixed in <0.15.10). There were like 10+ comments in the 0.15.10 release thread about this point. I wish the devs would explain the decision.
It's a step up from 0.15.11 IMHO, but it still has a bit to go.

I'm hoping the devs are doing this to test performance (IE: let's think about the people with lower spec'd machines), and they're fine tuning it to a point where it's acceptable. I'd like to see this as a option in the settings.

Having said that, if it's being done to prevent it from being overpowered (which I don't think it is, it's making the gameplay more enjoyable after all), then I'd suggest what others have, both research (to bump levels), but moreover, considerably more static the further out you go (IE: you can keep zooming out, but the static goes from 2%, 5%, 10%, etc. until you're into the old school map view). I'd rather that as a "debuff", then not being able to use it (and because I'm guessing pixelating the view at that distance would be a bunch of extra work).

mowfax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mowfax »

Jhonny wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
Woohoo nice that my suggestion made it through :D
You can.... RIGHT click on DEconstruction planners?? :o :o mind=blown
learning something new every day :P

ASB44
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ASB44 »

porcupine wrote: ~quotes~
It's a step up from 0.15.11 IMHO, but it still has a bit to go.

I'm hoping the devs are doing this to test performance (IE: let's think about the people with lower spec'd machines), and they're fine tuning it to a point where it's acceptable. I'd like to see this as a option in the settings.

Having said that, if it's being done to prevent it from being overpowered (which I don't think it is, it's making the gameplay more enjoyable after all), then I'd suggest what others have, both research (to bump levels), but moreover, considerably more static the further out you go (IE: you can keep zooming out, but the static goes from 2%, 5%, 10%, etc. until you're into the old school map view). I'd rather that as a "debuff", then not being able to use it (and because I'm guessing pixelating the view at that distance would be a bunch of extra work).
I doubt its a issue of being too overpowered because a feature like this is on the road map.
The only difference between the road map and the currently implemented feature is that
instead of needing some special machine to zoom-to-world you can just do it from anywhere.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

FactorioBot wrote:
Good idea, I thought it was just something to do with my mouse but apparently not!
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Fast entity transfer by dragging (ctrl + clicking and dragging) will remember if you're trying to insert or extract items.
Brilliant, this has been making me crazy for so long but I never once thought of it as a fixable problem!
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changed the deconstruction planner "trees only" filter to "trees/rocks only".
I didn't know the deconstruction planner had filters! That's great, one less mod I'll need, perhaps. Now if we just had something like the upgrade planner....

It would be nice (or perhaps it already is so, in which case, thanks you!) if we could customize the filters like in the mod. That capability allows for all sorts of video-game-ey personal-roboport bot-magic. For example, clearing out trees/rocks by spewing a fully covering blueprint of laser turrets and substations into an area, and then, after waiting for the pew pew sound to stop, mopping up all but the front-facing row of laser turrets, leaving a perfectly aligned empty power grid in which to build other things.

Thanks, everyone, imo 0.15 is coming along beautifully!

sebastian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sebastian »

ASB44 wrote: The zoom-to-world view distance is not as wide as the player max view distance.
Its about 80%~ of width the current player max view has. ...
Yes - sorry but this change in map view is really stupid. :roll: I want map view from 0.15.10 back again. This was a great feature!

jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jarcionek »

Zooming with the mousewheel in the map and zoom-to-world is less aggresive.
This is actually pretty annoying. Now if I want to get from my factory overview into `world view`, I have to scroll like 3-4 times instead of just once... :/

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

sebastian wrote:
ASB44 wrote: The zoom-to-world view distance is not as wide as the player max view distance.
Its about 80%~ of width the current player max view has. ...
Yes - sorry but this change in map view is really stupid. :roll: I want map view from 0.15.10 back again. This was a great feature!
I agree. The map view starts to show the actual factory way too close. I want it to show the factory at even more of a zoomed out view then even in 0.15.10, though the 0.15.10 version is way better then what we have now.

I suggest you add a slider to the options to allow us to set how var out we want to see the factory at. The zoom right now is so close that it severely limits it's usefulness. It's hard to check the stats on remote parts of my base because I have to scroll around (BTW, the keyboard scroll speed in remote view mode is waaaaay too fast), plus I can't scroll with the mouse while holding an entity in remote view except by the keyboard. The other thing that makes the zoom level more useless is not being able to use it to place larger blueprints (if this is intentional, by the devs then it really should't be. let people play how they want and place any sized blueprints). In fact, it would be great to be able to place blueprints from map view as well, and not just the zoomed in map view. The colours of the map are much better now, to the point that it's actually feasible to place a blueprint right from the map view.

Return to “Releases”