Information about releases and roadmap.
Labor3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.6

Post by Labor3 »

sebastian wrote:
JoeWhizer wrote:...
All mods that using this fire causes the game to crash now with the following error message:
"The given sprite position (left_top = 208=0) is completely outside the actual sprite image (size=200x240).
Sprite name: __base__/graphics/entity/oil-refinery/oil-refinery-fire.png"
Any idea how I could fix this quickly without downgrade?

Edit: I found a way already.
How did you solve this problem?

sebastian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sebastian »

I just comment these lines out which are relevant for animation. It's dirty, but it's ok for me because I don't use oil-refinery-2, oil-refinery-3 ingame (5dim_automatization).
If you want to do it the right way please have a look in post by JoeWhizer (thank you JoeWhizer - I will check this tomorrow!).

justincuster
Inserter
Inserter

Post by justincuster »

Thank you for the update. I have very much been enjoying 0.15.
- Justin -

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Hmm. A northbound bias in heatpipe heat propagation - that sounds familiar. I recall Harkonnen fixing a similar issue with biter expansion bases, the cause being that if a choice between equal options needed to be made, that choice would not be random. Perhaps this issue is similar?

hebeldark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hebeldark »

thx for this game

i love it

but i would like to write a question:

why you give the possibility to create a fusion portative reactor and not the big version to power the factories ?

with deuterium and anothers resources to create tokamak and fuel..

with nuclear plant, it's good but why such big difference ?

hebeldark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hebeldark »

Hi

The version 0.15.6 crash after update

About sprite size 128x128 vs outside 32x32 in graphic express underground belt

If I dl the 0.15.5 from steam and after use auto update it's work

commandoby
Inserter
Inserter

Post by commandoby »

Много английских слов просочилось в русский клиент.

Many English words leaked into the Russian client.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Aeternus wrote:Hmm. A northbound bias in heatpipe heat propagation - that sounds familiar. I recall Harkonnen fixing a similar issue with biter expansion bases, the cause being that if a choice between equal options needed to be made, that choice would not be random. Perhaps this issue is similar?
It's not just a northbound bias of heat, the northmost pipe actually *leads* the temperature rise - hotter than the reactor even!
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

hebeldark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hebeldark »

I found a way to bypass error

If I delete the file crop_dat in %appdata%/factorio

I can to launch without error

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

malventano wrote:
Aeternus wrote:Slightly surprised to see the heatpipe construction direction bias not yet being fixed though...
I think that bug is nastier than just the direction bias. I have seen multiple times where there will just be a mystery ~20C temperature difference from one heat pipe tile to the next, even where there is no heat load present. Even a group of heat pipes sitting alone with no other connections can have two completely different temperatures as you mouseover across them.
Something else to check is if the chunk boundaries are having an effect, this can be seen by enabling tile grid under F4, chunk boundaries are responsible for weird discontinuities in fluid levels in pipes so I wouldn't be surprised if heat pipes are affected as well.

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

I may have missed this "feature" but why do pumpjacks with no modules display a purple production bar anyway? If this is a bug, I'll report it accordingly.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nemostein »

_alphaBeta_ wrote:I may have missed this "feature" but why do pumpjacks with no modules display a purple production bar anyway? If this is a bug, I'll report it accordingly.
Did you research productivity bonus? It looks like a productivity module on drills and pumpjacks...
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

_alphaBeta_ wrote:I may have missed this "feature" but why do pumpjacks with no modules display a purple production bar anyway? If this is a bug, I'll report it accordingly.
Mining productivity research affects pumpjacks as well.

WFBatista
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WFBatista »

Hello, everyone.
I'm having issues with this new version. I'm using Steam and I ordered it to download and use versions 0.15. The trouble is that the game is not starting at all without any error message.
Do I need to do anything else for it to run?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

WFBatista wrote:Hello, everyone.
I'm having issues with this new version. I'm using Steam and I ordered it to download and use versions 0.15. The trouble is that the game is not starting at all without any error message.
Bugs should be reported in the bug reports forum.
And here is a description of how to report a bug: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

WFBatista wrote:Hello, everyone.
See the "My game doesn't start at all (no window/log file)" section here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/427520/di ... 331763542/
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

JuanP
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanP »

Thx for the fixes guys!

Gratz for the job!!!!

_alphaBeta_
Inserter
Inserter

Post by _alphaBeta_ »

nemostein wrote:Did you research productivity bonus? It looks like a productivity module on drills and pumpjacks...
malecord wrote:Mining productivity research affects pumpjacks as well.
That was certainly it. I encountered this on the tail-end of my play session, and I hadn't examined a drill since researching the new productivity bonus for the first time in my first 0.15.x game. I'd like to think that would have prompted me to make the connection eventually. Nonetheless, thanks for the quick answers. This would have bothered me until I got in front of the game again.

I'm really enjoying all the changes in 0.15. I stumbled quite a bit with the higher level science packs at first from my normal play style. Until now, there was no real reason for me to build items like assembly machines and engines in large quantities. I like how the research changes have brought significance to more items and necessitated building more assembly lines geared for higher throughput. My favorite feature by far is the fact that you can zoom in the map view and have actual visibility to outposts or distant corners of the base via radar. I like the slight fuzziness as well as a reminder to what view you're in. I tend to linger in one area of the base for long times when building it up, and now it's quite easy to check production from afar without physically moving. That plus the speaker (which I haven't even built one yet) allows for true oversight. Well done.

Return to “Releases”