Post by Cobrikhan »

Teleporting fire is bad, mmmkay?

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Vehicles: Miner

Post by Earendel »

Version 0.2.2 is out.

I completely rebuilt the way that vehicles mine. They no longer use invisible burner miners, everything is 100% script based instead.

Miners can now mine ores that require a fluid if they have barrels of that fluid. So for example, put barrels of sulfuric acid into the miner inventory and it will be able to mine uranium.

Miners can now mine fluid source resources like crude oil. You need to put empty barrels into the inventory and the miner will fill the barrels with fluids it has collected. Fluid is collected even if there are no barrels but you can't get it out unless you add empty barrels. Also it's worth noting that barrel-filling happens during mining, so if the miner is idle it won't fill barrels even it has enough fluids and empty barrels.

So much has changed that it's not unreasonable to expect bugs, please report them if you find any.

benson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by benson »

I just had the game crash a couple of times while trying to clear out some forest. The first time I was manually driving the miner, the second I told it to go through a forest. I don't know much about troubleshooting or anything, but this came from the bottom line of the factorio-current.

Error MainLoop.cpp:853: Exception at tick 206700: Error while running event aai-vehicles-miner::on_tick (ID 0)
Item stack count has to a be positive number
stack traceback:
__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:520: in function 'collect_floor_items'
__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:551: in function <__aai-vehicles-miner__/control.lua:530>

Keyalha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Keyalha »

I had the exact same problem that benson has. I for now disabled the miner until an update is pushed.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The item stack count issue should be fixed in the most recent update.

BreakingForce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BreakingForce »

O.o so i just installed miners for the first time since .15. they're uh...jumpy. like, they just keep vibrating to the point where the whole vehicle is moving, so they drift around this ore patch. it's super weird, and i'm not gonna use them till it's fixed :X.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

BreakingForce wrote:O.o so i just installed miners for the first time since .15. they're uh...jumpy. like, they just keep vibrating to the point where the whole vehicle is moving, so they drift around this ore patch. it's super weird, and i'm not gonna use them till it's fixed :X.
That should be fixed now.

BreakingForce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BreakingForce »

seems to be, thanks

tchack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tchack »

Add, please, the choice of extracted ore! I want to collect only iron ore, and collect both stones and copper ore.

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Hello! For some reason I get all the ground black in Factorio when enabling AAI Vehicles: Miner mod. When this one is disabled (together with AAI Programmable Vehicles), all is ok. I see everything else (like ores and so on), but the ground is all black.

I have other mods and if I disable all of them and enable only Miner with all prerequisites, it is ok as well. For now I will play with all mods enabled and will have only Miner disabled as I don't have strength to search which mod exactly it is in conflict with.

EDIT: Found the culprit: bobplates. When both bobplates and Miner are active, it will throw a black ground. When only one of those is active, no problem at all.

Redoneter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Redoneter »

Sedar wrote:
Earendel wrote:The pollution will be reduced soon, I'm not sure by how yet, maybe -25% to start with. They will also be a little bit more expensive.

Modules for miners should be possible. It places an invisible burner miner underneath it so I might be able to clone modules from the inventory into that.

Pollution reducing tech is not impossible but it would involve creating a new set of reduced pollution invisible burner miners for every tech and for every miner tier along with some scripting to handle the swapping, and that's not something I want to do.

Battery-powered miners are in the works, they're nearly done.
Wow. The implementation of the described technologies would be interesting. But I understand that this is not very easy to implement. Perhaps it is easier if initially there will be one burner with one slot for the module in each miner, and with the new technologies, the next burner with one more slot would be added.
Thus, not only new slots will be added but also the miner's power will increase accordingly. Like so you can add technologys for every grade of miners.
Hmm, but maybe I'm wrong and we will get 4-6 burner with one module in one miner, that's not good.

Or without any technology, just every next tier of the miner will have a +1 slot of the module, so we can get 4-5 slots for the modules in the MK4 miner.

But in any way take your time, this is only my fedback.
Best regards. ;)
The pollution from even an mk1 miner is an ungodly one or two hundred (my memory is not good) pollution every second (measured using evogui) and is in dire need of a moderate to heavy reduction to avoid early aggression from the natives. Otherwise, this is an excellent mod to use for early game when you don't have many electric miners.

FH2k
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FH2k »

Hey there,
is there any way to get it running with the latest build?
It's showing the dependencies "data raw prototypes" > ?

Sorry, got no idea of mods ^_^

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

FH2k wrote:Hey there,
is there any way to get it running with the latest build?
It's showing the dependencies "data raw prototypes" > ?

Sorry, got no idea of mods ^_^
data raw prototypes is another mod you need to install. It is (or was) required in order to detect some important information about resources. I should be able to remove that dependency soon though as the Factorio API has been updated.

FH2k
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FH2k »

By telling me that you just saved me from hours of tree choppin' . Thanks :) I fell in love with your Miner after about 20seconds :)

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

tchack wrote:Add, please, the choice of extracted ore! I want to collect only iron ore, and collect both stones and copper ore.
I've poked at the Unit Data settings for the miner I crafted to play with, and it doesn't seem to change what it mines in response to signals. I tried negative (the default), zero, and positive signals for the ore types in vanilla, then drove the mining vehicle over ore patches. It picked up ore no matter what.

I'd hoped to set up a vehicle that I could eventually program to deforest only, but either I'm not smart enough or it's not possible to restrict what material(s) a miner picks up. Either that, or changing the signals doesn't do anything after a vehicle is deployed… but they shouldn't be editable using the remote control if that's the case.

Toxomania
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toxomania »

Hey,

Is the mining productivity somehow taken into account when using your miners?
Last edited by Toxomania on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CakeDog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CakeDog »

Fantastic mod. I use almost all of the AAI set except Industry which I don't want, which is unfortunate because you've made it a prerequisite for later versions of your other mods.
Redoneter wrote:The pollution from even an mk1 miner is an ungodly one or two hundred (my memory is not good) pollution every second (measured using evogui)
evogui doesn't show you pollution produced per second, but current pollution. You'll get 470PU from one lonely boiler, but it only produces 27.7~ per second.

Likewise, the Mk 1 miner produces 3.6 pollution per second. (I actually got 3.2 from testing, but dispersion etc)
more accurately: vehicle does 3*2*0.01 = 0.06, this is then multiplied by 30 in the script and then by 2 because it's done twice a second. Total result? 3.6.

But here's the twist: The bigger vehicles pollute exactly the same amount per unit they mine, and they are FAST. The Mk 5 for example does a massive 115.2 pollution per second. Perhaps each tier could've been a little more 'clean'?
Toxomania wrote:Is the mining productivity somehow taken into account when using your miners?
It is, though there seems to be a slight loss. I got 46 units of copper with a Mk 5 miner from a single tick, then reset my tech and got 34 units. 34 * 1.4 = 47.6, so I lost a single unit of copper it seems.

Toxomania
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toxomania »

Alright, I actually did some testing now in regard of mining productivity by spawning a 1x1 patch with 100 ore. I'm at mining productivity 117 so I have a bonus of +234%.

With an MK 1 miner I got 334 ore (+234%), which is the same as a vanilla mining drill, and with an MK 5 Miner I got 494 ore (+394%), so it's even more with the higher tier miners, neat!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

CakeDog wrote:Fantastic mod. I use almost all of the AAI set except Industry which I don't want, which is unfortunate because you've made it a prerequisite for later versions of your other mods.
It is optional. Anything with the ? is suggested but not required.

Skeleton Man
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Skeleton Man »

dgw wrote: I've poked at the Unit Data settings for the miner I crafted to play with, and it doesn't seem to change what it mines in response to signals. I tried negative (the default), zero, and positive signals for the ore types in vanilla, then drove the mining vehicle over ore patches. It picked up ore no matter what.

I'd hoped to set up a vehicle that I could eventually program to deforest only, but either I'm not smart enough or it's not possible to restrict what material(s) a miner picks up. Either that, or changing the signals doesn't do anything after a vehicle is deployed… but they shouldn't be editable using the remote control if that's the case.
Unit data only controls how the miner's inventory interacts with other vehicles and depots. Unfortunately your miner is going to pick up whatever it runs over. You can, however, have haulers or depots only accept wood from the miner and bring that back, or have it accept everything and just sort the wood out to a different depot or storage area.

Return to “Mods”