Version 0.15.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.15.6

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Increased roboport construction range to 55 (110x110 area) to make roboports able to build each other without interconnecting their logistic areas, and not break when there are obstacles like trees or rocks.
  • New Oil refinery flame, including high resolution version.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed centrifuge glowing for one frame each time inserter drops something. (45824)
  • Fixed biters expansion was biased towards northern part of the map. (45607)
  • Fixed blueprint preview splitter not bending nearby belts correctly. (45578)
  • Fixed items on ground were not cleared in tightspot campaign. (45666)
  • Fixed that mining drills wouldn't pull in enough acid to continue mining. (45707)
  • Fixed that you could complete some advanced signal tutorial stages by blocking trains. (45659)
  • Fixed that nuclear fuel reprocessing was used to calculate raw ingredient requirements. (45507)
  • Fixed that you could input invalid value to PvP config. (45713)
  • Fixed crash when changing force of turret ghost. (45723)
  • Fixed inserters would grab items off belts and try to drop them onto rails after the train left. (45693)
  • Fixed inserters would rest with their hand above the center of a splitter. (45742)
  • Fixed desync caused by heat pipes. (45754)
  • Fixed crash when trying to edit mod settings after joining a paused multiplayer game. (45625)
  • Fixed removed decoratives were migrated as big-ship-wreck-grass instead of being deleted from map. (45807)
  • Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45846)
  • Fixed combinators continuing to output signals when parameters are cleared or when disconnecting feedback wire. (45633)
  • Fixed programmable speaker continuing to make sounds without a wire connected. (45556)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to scroll with the mouse wheel in the mod settings GUI. (45883)
  • Fixed updater would fail if Factorio was in folder with name containing non-english characters. (45301)

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

CaptainHook
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.6

Post by CaptainHook »

That feeling when 3 bugs you had reported were fixed.

Koder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Koder »

Fixed inserters would grab items off belts and try to drop them onto rails after the train left. (45693)
Thanks!

Also, is sleep an afterthought, or have you devs automated that too?

Chartas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chartas »

Fixed inserters would rest with their hand above the center of a splitter.
I always thought this was a feature and not a bug. xD

blackbat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blackbat »

FactorioBot wrote:Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45847)
should be:

Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45846)
Last edited by blackbat on Tue May 02, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

FactorioBot wrote:
Bugfixes
  • Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45847)
The link to bugreport-thread is not correct, it goes to other bugreport.

Added: I just want to know what the bug it was :)

blackbat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blackbat »

Mion wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
Bugfixes
  • Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45847)
The link to bugreport-thread is not correct, it goes to other bugreport.

Added: I just want to know what the bug it was :)
see my post above

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

blackbat wrote:
Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45847)
should be:

Fixed input underground belt fast replace would also replace output piece even if input changed direction. (45846)
Thanks blackbat ))

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Another day, another patch! Great work.

Just one thing: The patch notes missing the point that the graphics for oil-refinery has been modified.
You've added a highres version of the fire and modified also the lowres version of the "oil-refinery-fire.png"

All mods that using this fire causes the game to crash now with the following error message:
"The given sprite position (left_top = 208=0) is completely outside the actual sprite image (size=200x240).
Sprite name: __base__/graphics/entity/oil-refinery/oil-refinery-fire.png"

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

So the uranium mine not pulling in acid was considered a bug after all. Nice, now I can utilize the last 10% of the storage tanks as well for those mines. :)
Keep up the good work devteam. You guys are certainly active. Slightly surprised to see the heatpipe construction direction bias not yet being fixed though...

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

CaptainHook wrote:That feeling when 3 bugs you had reported were fixed.
Dammit. I only reported 2 bugs from this update.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
  • Increased roboport construction range to 55 (110x110 area) to make roboports able to build each other without interconnecting their logistic areas, and not break when there are obstacles like trees or rocks.
Dang. And I just rebuilt my whole (wide-area ;-)) roboport network to accomodate... but thanks, that was something I wanted for a while now.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

FactorioBot wrote:
Changes
Thank you

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

At long last! No more bot construction bot babysitting :D

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

malecord wrote:At long last! No more bot construction bot babysitting :D

Maybe not the best place to ask, but... are you telling me that you can place a blueprint over a wooded area and the bots will de remove the trees to build over (including a roboport? ). I seem to have missed the way to do this?

PS. Thanks to the devs. Great work!

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Regzzz wrote:

Maybe not the best place to ask, but... are you telling me that you can place a blueprint over a wooded area and the bots will de remove the trees to build over (including a roboport? ). I seem to have missed the way to do this?

Shift click. You can also shift click to order normal things to be build by bots, even on top of trees, even without a blueprint.

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

Daid wrote:
Regzzz wrote:

Shift click. You can also shift click to order normal things to be build by bots, even on top of trees, even without a blueprint.
Thanks for the quick answer, don't know how I missed that! Hehe

I'll try that tonight for sure :-)

sebastian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sebastian »

JoeWhizer wrote:...
All mods that using this fire causes the game to crash now with the following error message:
"The given sprite position (left_top = 208=0) is completely outside the actual sprite image (size=200x240).
Any idea how I could fix this quickly without downgrade?

Edit: I found a way already.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

sebastian wrote:
JoeWhizer wrote:...
Any idea how I could fix this quickly without downgrade?

Edit: I found a way already.
Yes, you need to identify the mod that actually uses this sprite. After that you need to change the object animation in the apropriate entity.lua and replace the working_visualisations to the new code:

Edit: Didn't see your edit - but maybe it's helpful for others :)

New code: - You will find this code also in the file "/factorio/data/base/prototypes/entity/entities.lua"

Code: Select all

working_visualisations =
    {
      {
        north_position = util.by_pixel(34, -65),
        east_position = util.by_pixel(-52, -61),
        south_position = util.by_pixel(-59, -82),
        west_position = util.by_pixel(57, -58),
        animation =
        {
          filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/oil-refinery/oil-refinery-fire.png",
          line_length = 10,
          width = 20,
          height = 40,
          frame_count = 60,
          animation_speed = 0.75,
          shift = util.by_pixel(0, -14),
          hr_version = {
            filename = "__base__/graphics/entity/oil-refinery/hr-oil-refinery-fire.png",
            line_length = 10,
            width = 40,
            height = 81,
            frame_count = 60,
            animation_speed = 0.75,
            scale = 0.5,
            shift = util.by_pixel(0, -14.25),
          },
        },
        light = {intensity = 0.4, size = 6, color = {r = 1.0, g = 1.0, b = 1.0}}
      }
    }, 

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Aeternus wrote:Slightly surprised to see the heatpipe construction direction bias not yet being fixed though...
I think that bug is nastier than just the direction bias. I have seen multiple times where there will just be a mystery ~20C temperature difference from one heat pipe tile to the next, even where there is no heat load present. Even a group of heat pipes sitting alone with no other connections can have two completely different temperatures as you mouseover across them. I found such a group and noted that removing some of the adjacent heat pipes actually caused the temperature to 'flip' across to eachother.

I've also noticed that there is an apparent 'North' bias where the northmost end of a heat pipe string will have a higher temperature than the connected heat exchangers or even the reactor itself (which should obviously be the hottest). That is reproducible with nothing more than a couple of heat pipes, a reactor, and a heat exchanger. The heat pipe up top will be hotter than the reactor while it is warming up. Not sure if / how this can be filed as a bug report since I've seen multiple threads about it that sort of touch on the issue (even the thread related to the bug fix in this release), but clearly there is still an issue there...
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Return to “Releases”