Mod Portal is currently broken

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Thrawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod Portal is currently broken

Post by Thrawn »

It seems that the mod portal is broken:
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.
https://mods.factorio.com/

Fahrradkette
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mod Portal is currently broken

Post by Fahrradkette »

Can confirm:

Code: Select all

1830.366 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:111: Status code: 0
1830.366 Error ModPortal.cpp:142: Mod portal API call failed: status 0, content:
Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 20 seconds
1830.366 Error BrowseModsGui.cpp:246: Failed to fetch mods: API call failed: (path: 'api/mods', status: 0)
Would be nice to have a backup mod host like amazon s3 so people could install them manually when the heroku app fails again.

Doubt it will happen since some sadist decided to make logging in a requirement

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

S3 does sound great, doesn't it? Well at least until you see the amount of traffic and calculate the actual cost.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

HanziQ wrote:S3 does sound great, doesn't it? Well at least until you see the amount of traffic and calculate the actual cost.
Workshop = Free Priceless

Something money can't buy for everything else there is horrible forced pride that ruins it all for everyone else.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Kane wrote:
HanziQ wrote:S3 does sound great, doesn't it? Well at least until you see the amount of traffic and calculate the actual cost.

Something money can't buy for everything else there is horrible forced pride that ruins it all for everyone else.
I guess you must know, as a famous youtuber having a successfull career, that 1d of downtime totally means an indy dev has to shell out for s3 hosting. I mean, otherwise, you could totally ruin their reputation with your Very Important Opinion.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

aka13 wrote:
Kane wrote:

I guess you must know, as a famous youtuber having a successfull career, that 1d of downtime totally means an indy dev has to shell out for s3 hosting. I mean, otherwise, you could totally ruin their reputation with your Very Important Opinion.
What? Oh you mean successful. Anyways my issue has always been I disliked the mod portal I don't enjoy it and have had issues with it day 1 and including multiple times that it has been down, etc. I would rather enjoy using workshop support instead.

You lost me on the rest of what you said.

Either way I know the developers are supporting people who don't want to use steam and such. I just wish they would allow both supports it seems to work out for a lot of games but sometimes in life we can't have it all :(

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Mod portal isn't down anymore, and this thread is getting off-topic, so i'm locking it

If you want to discuss our decision to use our own mod portal and any points or issues you have with it, feel free to make a thread in the mod portal discussion or wherever else you find it would fit

Return to “Technical Help”