factorio inspired game

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
meems
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

factorio inspired game

Post by meems »

someone got hyped by factorio, and converted the hype into making a game - called production line.

I've had a look. Looks uninspired and generic to me. Its a nice idea to have the factory create things like cars, but the mechanics of the game look so generic and lack lustre. Logistic gameplay - the still underdeveloped core gameplay of factorio, is even less developed in production line. Connect 4 or 5 assemblers, which is trivial to do, requiring virtually no thinking, and certainly no puzzling, and get cars.

What a waste of effort. If only I could get a leash on all the kids out there who're foaming at the mouth with energy trying to make their own factorio games, I could direct their work in the right direction.

SaintFlow
Inserter
Inserter

Re: factorio inspired game

Post by SaintFlow »

Uh, not sure if you know it, but....there were like, buildings in the real world producing real things for....decades! And those buildings even have...production lines in it. And I think they even did it before Factorio did it. :o

Jokes aside, I think its a completely different game, different approach, different almost everything pretty much. looks just like a fun little tycoon game about production lines with some production line logic in it. looks neat!

No need to look at factorio to get inspired for that really. I will stick to factorio though :lol:

SaintFlow
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SaintFlow »

have a look at this gem instead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/514290

meems
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meems »

lul. Looks good except for one thing, its effectively a simplified copy of factorio. With the minor adjustment of being in a factory rather than a open world.

I think factorio would work as a set of 'build this out of these' missions inside a confined space. But that's easily inside the scope of a factorio mod.

Its impressive what this coder has done, but unless he adds something special that factorio doesn't have, I think he's not made any progress. Also at the moment its so close to factorio I wonder if its some sort of copyright infringement.

Pin-Lui
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pin-Lui »

Production Line is an awesome GAME! it is clearly not a copy of Factorio. The detail is amazing, you can customize and upgrade your factory.
you have to manage import and export of your parts. you all should give it a try! the developer is great in communication with the fanbase many features got dirctly from the fans into the build.

Return to “General discussion”