[0.14.22]Corrupted save file

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
DotykPaPierza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.14.22]Corrupted save file

Post by DotykPaPierza »

1st things 1st, sry for my English, i'm from Poland kappa.

Just a normal game, no mods, ~150h played, map to catch achivements on Steam. Unexpected crash while saving map (just after getting achivement "launch rocket with raw fish inside") with no error message, no log or any info "what happened". After re-launch Factorio says the save is corrupted. I tried to open it with winrar - looks like level.dat is broken.

No auto-saves - saving on my wooden PC takes ~3 minutes so i disabled them :G
I feel fucked by life...
Link to save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yFJW ... sp=sharing

Plz halp!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.22]Corrupted save file

Post by posila »

Hi, the zip file is corrupted/incomplete, nothing I can do to recover it. However ... Factorio doesn't overwrite the original save until the map is fully saved. So for example, if I want to save MySave, it will save to MySave.tmp.zip and after the saving is done it will rename it to MySave.zip, that should ensure if the game crashes while saving, it won't overwrite good save with bad one. Isn't there somewhere older save of your map?

DotykPaPierza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.22]Corrupted save file

Post by DotykPaPierza »

I don't have any other copies of this save :G
Any ideas what could happen to the save's zip? I hope it's not something with my HDD...

Return to “1 / 0 magic”