Forwarding ports without logging into your router

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Forwarding ports without logging into your router

Post by JamesOFarrell »

This is a utility to forward port using UPnP which is enabled by default on most consumer routers. This guide is for you if you can't access your home router web interface for some reason (this will not work at the office or school)
First up install a recent version of java then get a copy of UPnP Port Mapper. Once it has downloaded launch the jar file and you should see this window:
If you don't, go back an install Java and try again. Once you have this up press the connect button. You should see something like this.
At this point if the software failed to find or connect to your router there is not much you can do except come back here and bag me out. If you do manage to connect you can now add ports to your router. To add Factorio click Create. This will open up a new window. Click Add 2 times and set the info like so (note, 34197 is the default factorio port, if you have changed it you need to change the numbers here):
Click save, select the the factorio port mapping and click Use. This should add the mappings to the list above like so
If you made it this far you should have ports open on your router. You may need to do this again if your router or computer restarts. Hope this helps.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Forwarding ports without logging into your router

Post by omegasrevenge »

What other info do you need of me to help me fix it?

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

omegasrevenge wrote:What other info do you need of me to help me fix it?
I did a bit of a search but could not find anything to help you, sorry. Looks like it happens to some people and the dev has not responded to the bug report. There is another program you can use called upnpc but it is command line only, I haven't tested it but it looks pretty decent

rbtcollins
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rbtcollins »

You also need to add port 61621 udp to the list for the matchmaking server.

cruz0e
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cruz0e »

I did port forwarding on my router (Cisco EP3925) that I got from my provider (Ireland, Virgin media earler name UPC).

With wireless I was hosting factorio game, was nice... but not super fast. Then I swapped to powerline. After that recieved this message.

"Matching Server Connection Failed" and also players may not be able to connect.. or something like that

So as I realized that with new network connection (so basicly from wireless adapter swapped to my gigabyte ethernet card) also my local IP address also changed (from 192.168.1.29 changed to 192.168.1.31). So I was messing with my router to make it work, I changed the IP address at the port forwarding to the new one.
First nothing helped. But then I restarted router/and PC too few times. After that that message disappear.

But after starting hosting a game I still get this message in the chat:
"Matching server connection resumed."

I dont know what does this mean..is this mean its working now? Or its still not working? I don't know because no people joined my gamed for hours..is it because its not working...or because someething is still broke?

Oh yea I also enabled UPNP and I did set up factorio both TCP and UDP ...even that 61621 port ... Im not sure now im hosting still broke or just people dont want to join it because that game is up for some hours already...

cruz0e
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cruz0e »

Change the port to 34197.
I did that first enabled 34197 UDP port forwarding. If you read carefully my comment, that's how I started it.

After that thing didn't help. I also enabled 61621 also as someone recommended in the comments. Still didn't work. Then I enabled UPnP and used that chrome app to add ports again... didn't help

The problems happened after I started using my Ethernet instead of wireless... with my wireless was no problem (except my upload speed was not as good as now... it was like max 3mbit now its 25mbit with ethernet but i cant host a game now pffff)

Since last time I also have new router.. UPC (virgin media) replaced my old cisco to a new one called "Virgin Media HUB 3.0" ... its newer, better, etc. But didnt change.. I did port forwarding (using my new ip which obiously changed when i used my ethernet instead of the wireless)

Yes, so dont worry about my DHCP settings my router always give my stuff the same IP, my PC ethernet is always same local IP, its 192.168.0.31 and (before my wifi was 192.168.0.29) dont worry im not absolutely beginner in networking I know my what's a local ip address and I how to check, double checked it its always same ... so that is not the issue. Even if i reboot my modem (which i do not too often) it gives us the same IP addresses to all our stuff and cabled stuff... even my phone with wifi gets the same IP all the time.

So its something else.. I can host now but the "matching server" doesnt work... I wonder why it works with wireless, but stops working when I connect with ethernet (I m using powerline but its just same as ethernet except using the existing electric circut network instead of a new cat cable).

I don't know whats the issue...

ace11041990
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ace11041990 »

I am getting the error that it is not able to connect to my router

Return to “Technical Help”