The factorio docs

Art that you have created yourself (draw, paint, craft, cosplay, video, wallpaper, ...) with and around Factorio.

NOT for screenshots or videos of the actual game and discussions around them (for that, see "Show your creations").
kel
Inserter
Inserter

The factorio docs

Post by kel »

I like to think that the machines in factorio are built from blueprints that are bought by the factorio company (or whatever organisation that makes this cancerous factory growth happen).
So i decided to write datasheets (beacause im a wierdo that thinks that these things are fun) for the different items in factorio.

Currently there is only 1 (badly written) datasheet for combinators. I will finish it and another when i have more time.
Attachments
Combinator datasheet.pdf
Details the Arethmetic and Decider combinator.
(162.41 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
Last edited by kel on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The factorio docs

Post by daniel34 »

These remind me of the Shenzhen I/O docs (pdf link), especially when thinking about the upcoming programmable speaker (FFF #175, found in page 27 of the linked pdf), were you perhaps inspired by it or maybe the TIS-100 manual?
16 ms switching speed
:lol:

I can honestly say that if everything else fails you can still get a job as documentator (is that a word?) for various dubious electronic devices.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kel »

You should also look at the power consumption and internal capacitor. (Christ)
I own and play Shenzien i/o, but i only started in the middle of making 3rd page
I like to think that the datsheet would be less of a tutorial if i didin't, though.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Love this idea - was just thinking the other day while looking at Shenzhen that it would be cool if Factorio had something similar.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Hyratel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyratel »

this is great fun! documenting things like the electric furnace or the Modules is going to be ... Interesting, to say the least

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

As an electronic hobbyist who looks at component datasheets often, I like this :)

Atomicking74
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Atomicking74 »

As an engineer, This makes me happy

PsychoticLime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PsychoticLime »

Dude, I absolutely love this