Busy weekend

Regular reports on Factorio development.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Busy weekend

Post by slpwnd »

Short post about the last weekend: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/busy-weekend

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Busy weekend

Post by Rockstar04 »

That sounds like an amazing problem to have!

Shirow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shirow »

This is indeed good news.

What may also be interesting to add on for perspective is that a "well known" piracy group made a public Crack/Release of Factorio yesterday.
These types of releases tend to bring a lot of attention, especially if it's toward an indie game.

=) Just an interesting thing I noticed.

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tardan »

Gratulation for the 10k !

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

I guarantee that when you put up your Steam Greenlight page or begin selling on a storefront like Desura, you're going to have many more sales to come. I've circulated your game to some of my game dev friends and we're all pretty convinced you've got a golden goose on your hands. Work hard on that MP and get 0.10 ready for stardom, I see a bright future for you all. :)

gonzalez6913
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gonzalez6913 »

quil18 led me to this game, gonna buy it! tried the demo and I LOVE IT :lol:

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

congratz! I personally think that the amount of work you've put into polishing and bugfixing might pay off now. Factorio is likely one of the most bug free alphas i've ever played.

libik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by libik »

Congratz! I am so happy for you (really) :).

Aarkreinsil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aarkreinsil »

Once you release a working multiplayer, you should send out another set of review copies to some well-known Youtubers and have them play a co-op session.

Also you might want to consider offering 2-packs or 4-packs, like many other games do on Steam, for example.

eddyvegas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eddyvegas »

Hey, don't forget about me! My youtube review has 113 views! :)

http://youtu.be/o9-t0k2CDtw

-Eddy

Cunk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cunk »

Yep, I'm one of those people who saw Quill18's video, immediately downloaded the demo, thought to myself "uh-oh...this could be a problem...", purchased the alpha, and forgot I needed to sleep for the next couple of days.

This is one of those games I can't stop thinking about even when I'm not playing. It may be evil.

BozBumi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BozBumi »

Add me to the growing list of people who watched quill18's videos and fell in love with this game!

I'll definitely be making videos on this.

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Yeah its true, it all helps, even small time youtubers help the the attention out there.

I still remember back when minecraft wasnt really anything speciel. then suddenly someone did something and over a weekend he sold like 21.000 or something. Suddenly it just went from this tiny game that nobody knew, to this absurd self sustaining game, that would keep increasing in sales well until this very day i imagine.

For me Minecraft + Tekkit was always my favorite. I played that for a long long time.

But i think Factorio is my new go to, unknown geeky game. Hopefully this will gain more popularity to earn more money to fund development, i have no doubt that when it gets on steam there should be some spike in sales. Obviously this is a more niche game, but still, niche games are good.

In a time where most big games are made for everyone. Its nice to see some developers have their own vision that they wont dumb down.

Factorio is definitely complex, but its a nice challenge to try out stuff, make mistakes and learn, not being forced to do stuff or game holding your hands the entire way. Im so sick of that. I wanna mess up, make mistakes, and learn :P

general_d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by general_d »

Hello all

watched the Quill18 video then bought the alpha the next day. Have already sent links to everyone I know. Great game. Keep up the good work.

thanks

Lkgv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lkgv »

I discovered the game on Reddit (this post http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... me_called/), I didn't even watch Quill's video, I just read the comments that described it as a mix between OpenTTD, Minecraft and SpaceChem with combat... so I googled it, found a thread on a forum that said people who enjoyed Dwarf Fortress would enjoy it... so I downloaded the demo, bought it instantly, and now it's so addictive that it's ruining my life!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Lkgv wrote:... and now it's so addictive that it's ruining my life!
Welcome to the club. :twisted:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “News”