CFAN - mod manager

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: CFAN - mod manager

Post by Blu3wolf »

pjf wrote:Holy smokes! I started the CKAN project, and I've been away from development for a little bit and only just discovered this! It makes me immensely happy to see a CFAN fork. :D :D :D
Indeed, when I was looking at mod management for Factorio, I was thinking "If only there was something like CKAN for factorio... only to discover I was not the only, nor the first, to think that!

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Quick update: I've added support for 0.13 mod portal, so CFAN should show a bit more mods for experimental Factorio.

Mod portal requires authorization, so CFAN reads username from Factorio's config.

Thorman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thorman »

i posted an issue of mod list stuck having no new mods or updates to my installed mods which on checking for updates in factorio.exe shows that there is definitely updates to my mods... any fixes? :cry:

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

You made CFAN work for the official mod portal? Oh man, you're awesome, I was really scratching my head for how to do that. It's a nice mod manager too, well done on the port.
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Thorman wrote:i posted an issue of mod list stuck having no new mods or updates to my installed mods which on checking for updates in factorio.exe shows that there is definitely updates to my mods... any fixes? :cry:
Fixed now! Sorry, had a long weekend and couldn't fix it earlier.
AlyxDeLunar wrote:You made CFAN work for the official mod portal? Oh man, you're awesome, I was really scratching my head for how to do that. It's a nice mod manager too, well done on the port.
Thanks for nice words.

It's not that hard actually. There's a JSON mod list returned here: https://mods.factorio.com/api/mods . There's pagination, but it's easy to use - it gives you link to the next page.

It will only get you latest release of every mod, to get all releases you'd have to use http://mods.factorio.com/api/mods/<name>, for example http://mods.factorio.com/api/mods/20x20ArmorMK2 .

To download mod, you have to use download_url with added query parameters: ?username=<user>&token=<token> . CFAN simply reads those values (service-username and service-token) from Factorio config (location depends on the OS, %APPDATA%\Factorio\player-data.json , or <factorio-directory>\player-data.json or ~/.factorio/player-data.json). If those values are not there it tells the user that he/she has to use mod portal once, quit Factorio and restart CFAN.

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

trakos wrote: To download mod, you have to use download_url with added query parameters: ?username=<user>&token=<token> . CFAN simply reads those values (service-username and service-token) from Factorio config (location depends on the OS, %APPDATA%\Factorio\player-data.json , or <factorio-directory>\player-data.json or ~/.factorio/player-data.json). If those values are not there it tells the user that he/she has to use mod portal once, quit Factorio and restart CFAN.
Ahah. See I had the first part figured out, but not the download authentication part. You've saved me good sir, thank you.
Is there documentation sitting around somewhere I missed, or did you figure that out on your own?
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

Thorman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thorman »

I have the no updates to mods or no new mods issue again! Something wrong with the repository?

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Thorman wrote:I have the no updates to mods or no new mods issue again! Something wrong with the repository?
Yeah, you might be right. Can you re-check now? I've fixed the issue - there was one more error I haven't anticipated, sorry.

ltl_king
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ltl_king »

I don't understand how to download.
With multiple different game types multiplayer.
Need a way to group them instead of having multiple different factorio folders for different games.
Download the latest CFAN version from the releases page
Got it.

Medium biter 3
all these different files.
Do I need them all.
I select latest release but nothing happen.
Medium biter 2
Files
Medium biter 1
files
spitter4
files
spitter 3
files
spitter 2
files
spitter 1
files

Huh?

Thorman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thorman »

for some reason it isn't working with the 0.15 expirimental... can you look into it?

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Hey, you mean empty mods list? I fixed it, should work with 0.15 now. I didn't know people were still using cfan, now that in-game integration improved ;).

If you will still have some issues, try deleting CFAN directory (while cfan is closed) in appdata (you can use file -> open factorio directory to find it quickly).

Thorman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thorman »

Well to be honest cfan is 10 times better than the in game as it doesn't require two launches of the game just to update the mods! :)

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Thanks, I'm glad it's useful! :)

Netoen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Netoen »

Hey, first of all many thanx for CFAN. I've been using CKAN ever since it came out, so I plan on using CFAN. But as of recent days each time I refresh repositories (I guess ?) I get such error: "Couldn't download http://cfan.trakos.pl/repo/repository_v2.tar.gz.
Thank you in advance

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Buhu, does anybody might have a mirror of this cfan.trakos.pl/repo/repository_v2.tar.gz file? The domain seems down again. This time it got worse as it also kinda successfully downloaded nothing while erasing my lokal repo. This tool is really the best for managing mods, similar to CKAN, which i even support on patreon :-D. Trakos, do you have a patreon account? So please take my money and fix this :-D

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

So i got annoyed and rebuild the repository list myself. It is currently accessible at https://myricaulus.ddnss.de:443/repository_v2.tar.gz.
To get a error free access via SSL install my CA as a rootCA from https://myricaulus.ddnss.de:443/Myricaulus-rootCA.crt
To download the modified CFAN executables go to https://myricaulus.ddnss.de:443/CFAN-binarys.7z

Everything is supplied as is without any warranties. The repository might get outdated, since i currently need to manually update it.
Have fun :-)

PS.: Of cource do not update to official Version of CFAN as long as you want to use my modified one. Also there might also be some way to edit the path to the repository within the unmodified binary. Feel free to tell me how :-D. For me it was easier to rebuild it using different default values.

trakos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by trakos »

Hey, it was a temporary hiccup, it works now.

It's possible to add additional repos without redownloading CFAN, just use top menu settings -> CFAN settings, click new and put in name|url, for example myricaulus|https://myricaulus.ddnss.de:443/repository_v2.tar.gz . I've never actually tested it, but it should work just fine :)

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

I did test it, and to add one entry it also downloads some repo-list from the server. The adding does not work when this repo-list is not available since the window does not open then. Extremely unfortunately. This fact actually lead me to rebuild the program myself ;)

Anyways as everything seem to be fine now again, i will discontinue the distribution of my modified binary files. I will leave the repo file and maybe i will write a small script which copies the remote repo to my location whenever i open cfan, so dont expect it be very current most of the times ;)

Return to “Mod and installation managers”