Version 0.13.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.0

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Maybe you should have mentioned in the release notes that victory poles no longer work, so if you want to be sure of a biter free area you must make sure that there are no biter bases for at least 7 chunks around that area.

This was a bit of a shock, and at first I thought it was a bug - until I checked the bug report form :)

A big change in the game dynamic, which no doubt I will get used to - after all we have some new ways to kill biters and nests now :)

I do like the way the migration chunk circles are now colour coded though.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Ravlen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ravlen »

Niuno wrote:
Neotix wrote:
Kryzeth wrote: Because the new map gen is... odd. I don't care about the dense foresty bits (it's easy to burn it all down mid/late game, with the new flamethrower<3), or the small lakes (because of new landfill<3), OR the dense oil fields (because flamethrower turrets so funnn<3) but the part that IS annoying is that it almost always neglects to give you a certain resource. I had to restart the game so many times for my first playthrough because it kept neglecting to give me iron or copper, while giving me massive fields of stone (which is far less important than the other two). On the sixth or seventh restart, I finally got a start that lacked stone, but had a field of iron, copper, and coal. Although even then, I got 3 relatively large patches of copper, and 2 big patches of coal.

If they were trying to mimic RSO, they might have messed up somewhere... and although I certainly don't mind having double or triple patches of ore in the starting area, it's definitely... odd. Luckily, one can survive without that much stone, unless landfilling is needed. I wonder if maybe the small lakes and/or duplicate patches of ore overwrote the stone.. since I had tiny bit of stone sticking out of my coal, and part of it bordering a small lake/river/choke point. It should definitely be something to look into.
So true. I stop playing because after 20-30 restarts i still get crappy maps. In many maps i didn't get one of crucial resource (most of the time it was lack of iron).
That small lakes are insane. Even when i set water only in starting area i still get water all over the map.
Same feeling here. After a lot of restarts, with adjusting the settings several times, I also 'gave up'. Not really of course, I still want to play ;)
Main problem for me is, besides the lack of some of the ores in basic area, are the little lakes. On 12.x they were also very annoying for me, it looks so unnatural. I love building a base besides a coastline for instance. It also has water for the boilers and an extra defence. And I believe there are more original starting areas to think of.
I think it would be a great idea when you can choose in your settings what kind of starting area you want: with little lakes, a coastline, a river, etc.
I restarted probably close to 100 times before I finally had all the stuff we all need. Many times copper or iron was missing. Several times I had more than one missing (no oil/coal, no copper/iron, no stone/copper, etc...). Again and again and again. After every 10 times, i would tinker with the settings to try to increase the resources, but it didn't seem to do much of anything. I occasionally had everything, but maybe 1 square stone, 1 oil, 1 iron and then normal sized copper/coal, for example. I kept at it, because I was just watching TV at the same time. Occasionally I got very close, but was missing one thing, so I would run around in a circle around the start point hoping to find what was missing, but no luck. I almost never found *anything* by expanding the search from my start point.

In the end, the best map I could find after an hour of restarts had all the resources withing "reasonable" distance, but was all under a ridiculous forest with lots of lakes. Now I have to research rush flamethrowers because the resources are all almost entirely under trees, and it's a nightmare cutting down the hundreds of trees to get at everything.

Map Generation is truly busted.

Ravlen

Fish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fish »

I also don't like how the map is being generated now.
A lot of small patches spread out in the starting area, usually missing 1 important resource (iron or coal)
Oil is.. wtf happened with oil??
Those f*cking lakes... I know landfill is added, but pffft
Changing settings like terrain segmentation also doesn't seem to matter. The starting area always sucks.

Can't wait for RSO to be updated (or the game to be fixed) so I can start playing 0.13
Was really looking forward to this, I love all the new features except the map.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Fish wrote:I also don't like how the map is being generated now.
A lot of small patches spread out in the starting area, usually missing 1 important resource (iron or coal)
Changing settings like terrain segmentation also doesn't seem to matter. The starting area always sucks.

Can't wait for RSO to be updated (or the game to be fixed) so I can start playing 0.13
RSO is here:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/orzelek/rso-mod

Fish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fish »

orzelek wrote:

RSO is here:
Oh, it's already updated. Nice job.
Just started a few games. My resource problem is fixed.
But map settings like segmentation are still broken and there are too many lakes in the starting area.
Hoping for another quick fix :)
Last edited by Fish on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Fish wrote:
orzelek wrote:

RSO is here:
Oh, it's already updated. Nice job.
Just started a few games. My resource problem is fixed.
But map settings like segmentation are still broken and there are too many lakes in the starting area.
Hoping for another quick fix :)
There is a landfill available quite quickly right now thats made of stone and can be used to remedy the lakes problem a bit.

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Ohlmann wrote:The new map generatiuon is one of the greatest improvement in 0.13. Dunno why anyone would want 0.12 back for that.
Because 0.13 maps look like a big pile of sh*t. In 0.13 there's pretty much no biomes anymore, it's not like the game generates a map, it's more like it craps one for you. Now, I understand there's people who like a low segmented terrain, others like me rather have a low, medium terrain segmentation. That's the point of customazing your map the way you see fit, but the thing is 0.13 broke that feature.

There's also this resource issue. If I want a harder game, or, for example, force myself to use trains earlier, I can do that in 0.12. In 0.13 there's always a lack of one of the resources, no matter how you set your map. I'm "oldshchool" all the way, I play with every single map setting on default. Maybe I try other settings someday, but I don't want that now, and 0.13 is forcing me to play in a way I don't want.

Anyway, this bugged resources is not the reason why I came back to 0.12. The terrain is. I understand it's an experimental version of an unfinished game, that's why it didn't bother me one bit to come back to the stable version. I just hope they acknowledge this as a bug and fix it eventually

Shin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shin »

What happened Fight revisit (balancing, tanks more enemies variety, ...)? Will it be in future updates?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Roboport have decreased transmition power consumption (200kw->50kw) while the robots (and their recharging) has increased power consumption (200kW per recharge slot to 1Mw per slot) Basically, covering area by roboports is cheaper, but using robots for transport is more expensive. To keep the personal roboport usefulness, energies used in personal roboport have been all multiplied by 10.
Should be modular armor instead, I think.

Also, only 10x more to go before it matches my mod XD
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Niuno wrote:I love building a base besides a coastline for instance. It also has water for the boilers and an extra defence. And I believe there are more original starting areas to think of.
I think it would be a great idea when you can choose in your settings what kind of starting area you want: with little lakes, a coastline, a river, etc.
Yeah.. that was one little thing I forgot to mention. I usually set water to large or very large to try to start with an ocean on one side, or on a large peninsula with a choke point to the main landmass, but I had to give up on that idea for 0.13 because it just made the resource generation even more difficult. Default settings pretty much necessary to even begin to get a reasonable start. Of course, after starting a few test maps in the latest version (0.13.6), it actually gave a few better maps (resource-wise). Still the issue of sometimes a resource being missing or too far from start, but seemed better than before. Maybe that was just RNG though :3

Jesus8000
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jesus8000 »

i playing now experimental,
but in some mods something went wront. (upgrade mod (for longer underground belts))
it says its incompatible with current version? because i updatet it from, 11 to 12.0.
my question is, what are the main changes for modding? or what could i do, that these nice mod work again?

http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/upgrade

can someon help me pls
sorry, my english is not the yellow from the egg.... 4give me

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Jesus8000 wrote:i playing now experimental,
but in some mods something went wront. (upgrade mod (for longer underground belts))
it says its incompatible with current version? because i updatet it from, 11 to 12.0.
my question is, what are the main changes for modding? or what could i do, that these nice mod work again?

http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/upgrade

can someon help me pls
Use http://mod.factorio.com to update ur mods
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

[quote="FactorioBot"Here is a summary of the New features of 0.13

[*]Balancing
  • Changed the way evolution factor approaches the maximum (1). The addition of evolution factor was changed from addition * (1 - evolution) to addition * (1 - evolution)^2 This means that the progress gets more slower towards the high values.
[/quote]

In testing I did not find the new evolution factor formula above to be correct.

Nugetto
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nugetto »

Steam Achievements!! WOOOOO!!!

Return to “Releases”