First Time beating factorio!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

First Time beating factorio!

Post by ludsoe »

After seeing this game played by one of my favorite youtubers, 'OfficalStuffPlus' I decided to play factorio. In a single game I've learned a lot, I rebuilt my factory several times to increase effectiveness and production speed. The end result was a giant semi solar powered factory fueled by trains, but I'll admit there could be ways i could further optimize it. (We need a continue button after you landed the ship)

Heres my train station that i used, I consider this high speed as its able to completely service a train in 15 seconds and send it out. While also being able to send out all the resources before another train comes in. Usually there's a train waiting to get in just as the other leaves. (I got hit several times while taking that picture, but it seems shields can stop a train if you have enough.)

This is my smelting plant, I didn't gear out with productivity modules as i had loads of resources shipping in, and I needed processing speed. The furnaces are filled with speed modules, while the beacons are filled with effectivity modules. This allowed me to process the incoming resources from my train station near instantly. (You should of saw it when i first turned it on, the entire system was clogged with ores.)

And heres my end game screen thingy. (I had a bad habit of hitting c which caused me to fire rockets at what ever I was building accidentally.)

This games awesome. I recommended it to several friends who also bought it, we are currently waiting for multi player. (When we get multi player i know atlease 6 friends who would instantly pick the game up to play.)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: First Time beating factorio!

Post by MF- »

Moving cargo from train into buffer chests and using the stack bonus.. Smart.
(Perhaps it's old news for others, but it's the fist time I met that technique)

ataaron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: First Time beating factorio!

Post by ataaron »

MF- wrote:Moving cargo from train into buffer chests and using the stack bonus.. Smart.
(Perhaps it's old news for others, but it's the fist time I met that technique)
I think this technique is spoiled in the (new hope) campaign by looking at the partially destroyed train station, that's where I found out.

Return to “Show your Creations”