[MOD 0.12.29+] Clondike

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Thyrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.29+] Clondike

Post by Thyrann »

Name: Clondike
Description: Brutalized science. Dig deep into the conveyor hell to get you the next step further. (With tiny help if you lack basic resources - now "craftable")
Version: 0.0.4
Last Release: 2016-05-02
Tested With Factorio: 0.12.29
Dependencies: Factorio 0.12.x
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jmd3emnqrgev ... 5.zip?dl=0
Tags: Science

I was just little bored and thought about how to make factorio little more hellish. More science packs can be created easily. So I digged a bit and changed the recipes for science packs to really create the real autodamnation. :-) Also added a possibility to craft basic ores - slowly...

Enjoy

Just the red science screen: http://imgur.com/MsGOZdK

Code: Select all

Recipe changes:
Red: burner mining drill + offshore pump
Green: assembling machine 1 + basic splitter + gun turret
Blue: logistic robot + electric furnace + rocket + oil refinery
Alien: express splitter + speed module 2 + distractor capsule + alien artifact x2
Last edited by Thyrann on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sckuzzle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29+] Clondike

Post by sckuzzle »

Perhaps it would be worth posting what exactly you changed all the recipes to so people know what they are installing?

Thyrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thyrann »

Recipes added...

Enjoy. :-)

MacenBacen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MacenBacen »

I like the changes to the sience, makes it more interesting to build.

But you might need to change the explosive rockets to regular, as explosive rocketry needs blue sience to be research.

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

well, this sure is hellish :D however 5x alien artifacts for 1 alien? or for 10? if it is for 1, then i cant see anyone going out to grind 10k alien artifacts just to get follower count 20

sumdawgy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sumdawgy »

psznm wrote:well, this sure is hellish :D however 5x alien artifacts for 1 alien? or for 10? if it is for 1, then i cant see anyone going out to grind 10k alien artifacts just to get follower count 20

Unless maybe something like "small artifacts" is implemented...where you can 'collect' some partial artifacts from most kills.

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tankh »

I like the idea.

Made me think of some sort of "roguelike research" mod that would randomize each science pack recipe at the start of each game.

Thyrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thyrann »

Thanks for all the update and sorry for later response.

changes to 0.0.5:
- explosive rocket changet to rocket
- alien artifacts for alien science change from 5 to 2 (and YES that is the recipe for ONE science pack)

One thing I really dislike is that even with blue only science i always got thousands of alien artifact with nothing to do with them. Hence the change from ten to one science pack to make the end game really the end game. In a bit of roleplay - if you are going to real end game, the biters have been "relocated" out of the way of your immense factory.

Enjoy again. :-)

Zackreaver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zackreaver »

Hey like the idea of the mod, I have only one real concern, the offshore pump and burner mining drill both require assembly machine 2's in order to automate their construction. This means you have to handcraft 120 red science packs before you can automate the procedure as opposed to 10. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Part of what makes factorio enjoyable is creating an automated factory, but this mod makes the automated procedure extremely distant. I'd recommend adjusting the research costs for automation 2 and electronics. 120 science packs all crafted by hand is an extremely long and boring procedure, even with the ingredients crafted prior. I was excited to create far more complex assembly lines but before having to do that I have to sit and wait for my character to craft all these packs, it puts a bit of a damper on the gameplay.

Return to “Mods”