[0.12.35] take_screenshot with zoom=0 produces weird output

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.35] take_screenshot with zoom=0 produces weird output

Post by Gandalf »

Like the title says, specifying a 0 value for zoom when taking a screenshot via the lua console produces unexpected output. Here's the full command:

Code: Select all

/c game.take_screenshot{zoom=0}
And here's the result
Screenshot
It doesn't always happen, sometimes it'll just render a random area of the map (not where the player is standing). It helps to run around or move some other windows around. It looks like the game is just reading whatever it finds in some kind of graphics buffer. At some point I found things in the output that don't even belong to the game (google maps).

Note: I'm running Linux (x64) and I have two monitors (game is maximized on one). Dunno if that matters.

Long story short it's probably best to just error out when a user specifies 0 as a zoom level (I did it by mistake and was confused).
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.35] take_screenshot with zoom=0 produces weird output

Post by Neemys »

Indeed I don"t think the zoom can take 0 as a value. Better output an error.

I test it on windows it just make black screenshot. (Windows 7 64bit, dual screen, 1080x920 (X2), game on fullscreen on one monitor).
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.35] take_screenshot with zoom=0 produces weird output

Post by Oxyd »

Fixed in 0.13.0.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”