binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 0.13] Drones - remote control your factory

Post by binbinhfr »

Infos
  • Type: Mod
  • Name: Drones
  • Description: Eyes in the sky ! Monitor and pilot your factory with your smartphone. (or a way to have several cameras all around the map to give you alternate views and control on your factory)
  • Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.13.0
  • Locale: english, french
  • Multiplayer compatible: tested on a headless server...
  • Tags: Views, Camera, Drones, Remote control, GUI
  • License: You are free to use and distribute this mod and also to modify it for personal use, but not to release a modified version without permission (unless visibly not maintained anymore).
  • Portal download : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/Drones
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (33.95 KiB) Viewed 16561 times
drones-screen00.jpg
drones-screen00.jpg (67.85 KiB) Viewed 25544 times
Description
Download
For Factorio 0.13.X :
Please now use the portal for downloads (see link above or use ingame mod install/update).
Last edited by binbinhfr on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 45 times in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Camera Drones 1.0.0

Post by binbinhfr »

I need multiplayer testers for this one... So any feedback is welcome.
Last edited by binbinhfr on Sat May 07, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Camera Drones 1.0.1

Post by binbinhfr »

a stupid gui bug corrected for those who tested but had a crash...

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Camera Drones 1.0.2

Post by binbinhfr »

1.0.2 = drones are finally same force as player to simplify a lot of things, but undestructible to spy aliens. Corrects other MP bugs.
I really need a team of testers :D

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

In the future, please don't make 4 posts in a row even on your own threads (especially not within 4 hours of starting your thread). Use the edit function to add the information to the original post.

I've already noticed this behavior in other threads (mainly because of your colorful signature), but 3-4 posts is definitely too much.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

daniel34 wrote:In the future, please don't make 4 posts in a row even on your own threads (especially not within 4 hours of starting your thread). Use the edit function to add the information to the original post.

I've already noticed this behavior in other threads (mainly because of your colorful signature), but 3-4 posts is definitely too much.
Sorry man...

When releasing my firsts mods, I was told to do that, so that users subscribed to the mod's post will be automatically aware of new releases and would download it. It seems that just editing the original post does not send a message to the subscribers, or is it ?

But why is it inconvenient for you if you do not read my post, or are not subscribed to it ?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

wow, perfect mod for monitoring and micromanagement on a large base. But i found an one fun feature(?). Drones can use weapons and ammunition, so you can covertly attacking aliens and at the same time they are can not to do anything to you. But.. as for me that is fun in the some cases. Thank you wery much. :D

btw, perhaps you will be interested to add a few research branches of drone upgrade.
For example, the base version can not use a weapon, but the military version - can, but limited: without the tolbelts (to not be to much OP)
You can also add advanced "working" version of the drone that can use the tools and can setup/remove the building. 8-)

Thanks again. :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Sedar wrote:wow, perfect mod for monitoring and micromanagement on a large base. But i found an one fun feature(?). Drones can use weapons and ammunition, so you can covertly attacking aliens and at the same time they are can not to do anything to you. But.. as for me that is fun in the some cases. Thank you wery much. :D

btw, perhaps you will be interested to add a few research branches of drone upgrade.
For example, the base version can not use a weapon, but the military version - can, but limited: without the tolbelts (to not be to much OP)
You can also add advanced "working" version of the drone that can use the tools and can setup/remove the building. 8-)

Thanks again. :)
Yes, you're right, I did not pay attention to the weapon usability !
It's far to OP, so I will try remove the possibility of weapon.
But I'd like to make a surveillance drone invicible, because for me it is flying up in the sky, so impossible to be touched by aliens.
And I want to let it in a part of my factory, without risk : for example, if this part of the factory is attacked, I'd like to monitor the attack without losing the drone, to see if I have to physically move there with a tank or something else.

But if I make a military drone, it should not be invincible.
So I could make :
- a spy drone invincible, but no weapon, no craft, just monitoring.
- a military drone : not invicible but some life and weapons, to play around with aliens (bombing ?), without risking your own life.
- a maintenance drone : not invicible but with inventory and crafting possibilities.

For the toolbelt, I'm afraid I can change it because it is in relation with the technology of your force. And the drone is a character/player like your main body, and knows the same tech-tree as yourself, so it has the same toolbelt. I am afraid it will be the same with the weapon slot...

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

binbinhfr wrote: Yes, you're right, I did not pay attention to the weapon usability !
It's far to OP, so I will try remove the possibility of weapon.
But I'd like to make a surveillance drone invicible, because for me it is flying up in the sky, so impossible to be touched by aliens.
And I want to let it in a part of my factory, without risk : for example, if this part of the factory is attacked, I'd like to monitor the attack without losing the drone, to see if I have to physically move there with a tank or something else.

But if I make a military drone, it should not be invincible.
So I could make :
- a spy drone invincible, but no weapon, no craft, just monitoring.
- a military drone : not invicible but some life and weapons, to play around with aliens (bombing ?), without risking your own life.
- a maintenance drone : not invicible but with inventory and crafting possibilities.

For the toolbelt, I'm afraid I can change it because it is in relation with the technology of your force. And the drone is a character/player like your main body, and knows the same tech-tree as yourself, so it has the same toolbelt. I am afraid it will be the same with the weapon slot...
If it is imposible to remove weapon slot, then maybe posible to make surveillance(base) drones invicible for aliens, but still have wery small amount hp, so if they attack aliens then aliens quickly destroy the drone. Camicadze style. :P

ps: anyway the spy/maintenance/military drone idea is great. 8-)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I believe that i cannot suppress the weapon slot, but I found a way to avoid weapon : if you try to put a weapon on, it returns immediatly in the drone toolbelt.
I have also to empty logistic slots otherwise robots try to give you stuff, but you do not have a main inventory so they are disturbed.

I do not understand the low hp idea: the drone is invincible, so even if he attacks, he won't lose its hp. By the way, if it is what you think, I cannot detect if the drone attacks (no lua event of this type) and disable invincibility only in this case.

I'll try to create the 3 types of drones.
But the maintenance drone will be the same as the player main body, without weapon. Won't it be OP ?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

binbinhfr wrote:I believe that i cannot suppress the weapon slot, but I found a way to avoid weapon : if you try to put a weapon on, it returns immediatly in the drone toolbelt.
I have also to empty logistic slots otherwise robots try to give you stuff, but you do not have a main inventory so they are disturbed.

I do not understand the low hp idea: the drone is invincible, so even if he attacks, he won't lose its hp. By the way, if it is what you think, I cannot detect if the drone attacks (no lua event of this type) and disable invincibility only in this case.
?
I did not know that. But idea with remove the weapons is solved this case.
binbinhfr wrote: I'll try to create the 3 types of drones.
But the maintenance drone will be the same as the player main body, without weapon. Won't it be OP ?
My base, like many others, is made up of large parts of which are located not close to one another. That becouse during the expansion of one part of the factories i do not want to have the problem with lack of space. So moving from one part of the base to another is one of the large problems for me. It is a pity to waste a lot of time to move to the other end of the base to make a few minor changes.

For solve this problem i use several mods(sorted by cost):
-Airkraft Midgame, just wery fast move, but stil useful
-Avatars Midgame, better then airkraft but much more expencive to build each one.
-SimpleTeleporters Wery expensive technology and eqipment, but completly solved the probleme, late endgame

Maintenance drone could be early midgame thing. With some restrictions, like wisible for aliens & small inventory, or so.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

ok.

I'll create this maintenance drone in priority, with inventory. Because the military drone is much for fun...

Otherwise, don't you have any bugs ?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

binbinhfr wrote:ok.
Otherwise, don't you have any bugs ?
No any bugs, everything works as expected, fast and clear. (Factorio wersion 12.30)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones 1.0.3

Post by binbinhfr »

ok, and did you try the last version with maintenance drone ?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

I did not check the first page. :(
PM sent.
Maintenance drones are great. Brilliant!!! 8-)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Sedar wrote:I did not check the first page. :(
I know, I used to post a new message in the thread when i release a new subversion, but a moderator told me that it was not the right way to do, and that I have just to edit the original post. But then, as I suspected, people subscribed to the thread do not receive a message warning for the mod upgrade...

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Btw i did some tests of another mod (Subsurfaces) and found some bug in your. If you walk on the drone through the teleport and you switch to the main dody or another drone when you try to switch back on the first drone, you get an error:

I consider that this error will be the same when using any teleport. It is not critical. Just to let you know.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Yes, I did not know SubSurface, but it seems to use several surfaces/maps to simulate underground...
I assume like many other mods that everything is always on the same surface. So it crash. I will see if I can do something, but maybe also the other mod is not supporting multiple character per player, like I implemented...

Did you try it with a mod like FARL or smartrains or YARM ?

Edit: I confirm that this mod , even promising, is not really finished. And Factorio does not allow teleporting entities/character from one surface to another, so not easy to mis with my mod for the moment...

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones 1.0.5

Post by binbinhfr »

v1.0.5
To make the drones a little less OP, I put drone antenas that are limiting their action range to around 100m from the antenna.
So you cannot reveal the whole map anymore with this invincible little fellows ! :D
Maintenance drones can now mine.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones 1.0.5

Post by Sedar »

binbinhfr wrote: Did you try it with a mod like FARL or smartrains or YARM ?
No. :(
binbinhfr wrote:v1.0.5
To make the drones a little less OP, I put drone antenas that are limiting their action range to around 100m from the antenna.
So you cannot reveal the whole map anymore with this invincible little fellows ! :D
Maintenance drones can now mine.
Cool, it seems now the maintenance drones are actually ready to go. And now it looks like a well-balanced 8-)
Thank you for the very convenient mod. :D

Return to “Mods”