Friday Facts #18

Regular reports on Factorio development.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Friday Facts #18

Post by slpwnd »

The Friday would not be complete without the new edition of the Friday Facts: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-18

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #18

Post by JackGruff »

This is one of the things I look forward to when I get out of bed Saturday mornings!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like the pic. :roll:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

rymn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rymn »

Very nice!

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Always interesting to see how a game I am playing is constructed, gives me ideas for my own programs. I am guessing that factorio is made in C++, just because of the multiple inheritance at the end?

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yes, Factorio is written in C++.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Darthlawsuit wrote:I am guessing that factorio is made in C++, just because of the multiple inheritance at the end?
True Factorio is written in C++ but class inheritance is not specific C++ only. Class inheritance is used in all Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Pearl, Phyton, Ruby, PHP, Objective Pascal and several more).

Robik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robik »

SilverWarior wrote:
Darthlawsuit wrote:I am guessing that factorio is made in C++, just because of the multiple inheritance at the end?
True Factorio is written in C++ but class inheritance is not specific C++ only. Class inheritance is used in all Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Java, Pearl, Phyton, Ruby, PHP, Objective Pascal and several more).
But multiple inheritance (having more classes as parent) is not in all OOLs. For example, C#, Java and Ruby have only single inheritance (that is what wiki said anyway, I can personally confirm it to be true for C#)

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Robik wrote:
SilverWarior wrote:
But multiple inheritance (having more classes as parent) is not in all OOLs. For example, C#, Java and Ruby have only single inheritance (that is what wiki said anyway, I can personally confirm it to be true for C#)
Interfaces ? :)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Interfaces and multiple inheritance are conceptually completely different things. You sort-of, kind-of can code an interface-based thingy and call it "multiple inheritance" and it might even behave somewhat like that (with a ton of extra effort) but it's far from it and it lacks all of the goodies that multiple inheritance has over pure interfaces :)

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

SilverWarior wrote:
I know inheritance is used in all OOP languages but C++ is one of the major languages that uses multiple inheritance.

Also this thread really expanded quickly XD

ray4ever
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ray4ever »

Any chance that we will be surprised tomorrow by the release of 0.9? ;)
Because personally I'm really excited about the new oil industry and all the possible receipts the oil will allow :) (And as we are alpha testers, feel free to use me/us ^^)

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

ray4ever wrote:Any chance that we will be surprised tomorrow by the release of 0.9? ;)
Because personally I'm really excited about the new oil industry and all the possible receipts the oil will allow :) (And as we are alpha testers, feel free to use me/us ^^)
i guess not. they said at least 2 more weeks after there original planned release. so that puts it at mid february
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

ray4ever wrote:Any chance that we will be surprised tomorrow by the release of 0.9? ;)
A release is never late, nor is it early! It arrives precisely when it is ready!

Return to “News”