steam

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

steam

Post by generalmek »

when you start selling into steam?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: steam

Post by kovarex »

When the game is good enough and we get through.
Two months ago we estimated to be in two and half months. Now we estimated it to be in two months minimum :)

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

kovarex wrote:When the game is good enough and we get through.
Two months ago we estimated to be in two and half months. Now we estimated it to be in two months minimum :)
So at least 4 more months :)
Ignore this

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

Give it at least 7-8 months. Its advisable to have multiplayer before steam, and that takes 6 months (think the devs said that) plus 1-2 months optimizing it for steam and balancing multiplayer!

As for steam workshop, i advised to use it only for maps. It has a data limit (dunno how high) so that takes larger mods out of the workshop. I suggest the same features as the base game updates. On a server that the game accesses
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Dysoch wrote: so that takes larger mods out of the workshop
Not really. Just makes you break up huge all encompassing mods into contained pieces.
Also, nothing says you can't have one mod require another. Just means you'll get more false reports if each mod isn't fully self-contained.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

Dysoch wrote:Give it at least 7-8 months. Its advisable to have multiplayer before steam
This is a fallacy. Plenty of singleplayer games are very successful on steam. Ultimately the process of getting onto steam changes with time so the best time for getting onto steam is when the devs really feel ready to start the push. Additionally getting accepted by steam isn't the same as releasing on steam as you can be accepted and still not release for a year or more.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

2 Balinor

I concur

While MP is a nice addition I do not believe it is a necessity for Steam release. Nor does it mean that devs should stop working on it. I believe it is best for the game is to have a very solid groundwork for maximum enjoyable experience. As long as devs believe that any feature is added to solidify the game I am fine with it, I just dont want to see half-baked features being added because of checklist "We need to have this because it's a gaming buzzword"

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ardagan »

1) I don't get MP here
2) IMHO this game is awesome and worth buying without MP (that's what I did)
3) You want to add MODs sharing before going to steam

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

I just bought the game, will we be able to transfer the existing account into the steam version when it goes into steam?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Pandamonium wrote:
I just bought the game, will we be able to transfer the existing account into the steam version when it goes into steam?
An older post:
kovarex wrote:Hello, if we get to steam, we will give Steam keys to anyone who bought the game, naturally (https://www.factorio.com/faq).
We are not in the regular greenlight campaign, as we didn't feel like we could complete with others games there, but we plan to start the campaign soon (probably january).

Pandamonium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pandamonium »

FreeER wrote:An older post:
Awesome! Thanks for that info!

Return to “General discussion”