Friday Facts #132 - Side Project

Regular reports on Factorio development.
GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #132 - Side Project

Post by GewaltSam »

I had to swallow pretty hard when i came to the "pay2automate" part in your news :D Until then, I was practically convinced you guys really did this on Android, although the thing about shaking your phone rose my eyebrows at least a little bit :)

You sneaky developers, you! But, on a serious note: if you shall look into the whole mobile phone thingy, please know that the best F2P games (and I guess the only ones that are really working, also) are designed to be free 2 play from the ground up. Every design decision goes from a point of "this is f2p, how do we do it, and how do we monetize for a win-win" (in a best case scenario, surely. Many black sheeps out for a quick cash grab around in this sector). If you would try to press F2P into the existing Factorio, it would be a horrible mess. You wouldn't get that many new customers to stay and invest money on the long run, and you can be sure as hell that your existing fan base won't take the piss very well, either. I guess you already know that, but I think it's important to point this out anyway :)

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

No news this week? :o

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Zeblote wrote:No news this week? :o
I'm still hoping they're hard at work down at Wube Software (The alternative is probably that they forgot to click the "submit" button before going out for beers :D )

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

only 5 mins left... this is going to be interesting :twisted:

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Its the final countdown
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Toetoedoedoe
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

madpav3l
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by madpav3l »

End of the world, no Friday Facts... what we will do now?

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

madpav3l wrote:End of the world, no Friday Facts... what we will do now?
kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Choumiko wrote:
This is so good I had to put it in my sig xD
Choumiko wrote:

joseph222
Inserter
Inserter

Post by joseph222 »

If u are going to make a free to play version on android ,make the paid version that has iap inside

Killavirus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killavirus »

Omg i litterly signed up to your forums to swear at you for making this an April fools !!!!

For the love of god, make sure the android version can connect to multiplayer servers though. I swear I wont do another days work for months !!!

IMO F2P is the quickest way to destroy your game :( oh and along with turning it into the biggest grind fest just to get people to pay :( :( F2P and DLC is killing the games industry, don't help it die.
Addiction Thy Name be Factorio, FACTORIO IS NOT A LIE.

kinloch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kinloch »

I only just now realised the date you posted this. I was so excited about the idea mobile factorio (even if the exact details of the implementation looked a bit strange). At least finding out gave me the incentive to actually create an account here :)

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

lol, I just read the post and it convinced me, right till the end when you said pay to automate.
Then I read the edit.

Lol.

Starbuck15
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Starbuck15 »

I think you should have it identical to the desk top without the free to play BS I'd pay another 40 for the mobile version as long as it's the same with no exceptions add the right control interface it would work on most smartphones

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Starbuck15 wrote:I think you should have it identical to the desk top without the free to play BS I'd pay another 40 for the mobile version as long as it's the same with no exceptions add the right control interface it would work on most smartphones
You've probably missed that this post is from april fools 2016 and there is no mobile version at all

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Zeblote wrote:
Starbuck15 wrote:I think you should have it identical to the desk top without the free to play BS I'd pay another 40 for the mobile version as long as it's the same with no exceptions add the right control interface it would work on most smartphones
You've probably missed that this post is from april fools 2016 and there is no mobile version at all
both of you know that this topic is over a year old?

QGamer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by QGamer »

THANK YOU for mentioning that this is an April Fool's Joke.
Because if it were real, then I'd be so mad... :evil:

If Factorio was Free 2 Play, then that would be unfair to all of us who bought the game...
(Except for the demo. The demo can be free.)
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

locking topic. It was an april fools joke.

Return to “News”