Bugs & CTD's! [Latest version only]

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Vixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & CTD's! [Latest version only]

Post by Vixen »

Anytime I try to load into a multiplayer game, It keeps desyncing me everytime. I have removed the crop-cache.dat several times and this has not fixed it. I have attached a desync file to this message for you to look through. If you could please and help me figure out what is going on cause it really sucks not being able to play with my friends. Thanks, Vixen.

Vixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vixen »

I was wondering if you found anything yet. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vixen

toaran
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toaran »

Hi

@ Vixen
If you use EvoGUI to display The Evolution State and/or Rate from Misanthrope you desync constantly in Multiplayer after you reconnect to the game...(as long as you dont disconnect after enabling these options it works) disable those two boxes in the EvoGUI GUI and it should work. The Misanthrope Modauthor is already working on solving this. In the mean time dont use those settings... also i updated to misanthrope 0.2.3 there was another bug that could cause the Multiplayer server to crash when you die... in the pack is a rather old version...

Toaran

Vixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vixen »

Thank you.

Shalashalska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shalashalska »

Factorio 12.25 seems to have changed the format for dependencies a bit, so the game crashes on startup with this pack. Basically, some of the dependencies are listed in the info.json file as Modname >=VersionNumber (no space between >= and VersionNumber) but in 12.25 the space is necessary.

MysticDaedra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MysticDaedra »

Maybe 10-15 minutes into the game a ginormous horde of very fast biters swarmed my fledgling factory and killed me. When I respawned (playing on a dedicated server) I had no weapon... and because of the destruction of the mass of biters I had no way of getting another. Hoping this is a bug? Cause if not it is totally broken. There is no way I'd be able to have the materials needed soon enough to defend against a swarm that huge that early in the game...

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

MysticDaedra wrote:Maybe 10-15 minutes into the game a ginormous horde of very fast biters swarmed my fledgling factory and killed me. When I respawned (playing on a dedicated server) I had no weapon... and because of the destruction of the mass of biters I had no way of getting another. Hoping this is a bug? Cause if not it is totally broken. There is no way I'd be able to have the materials needed soon enough to defend against a swarm that huge that early in the game...
If you were playing on a dedicated server does that mean that server already ran for several hours before you joined? If so thats your problem right there. If not the pack does have a sense of difficulty into it and you should rush turrets ASAP or really plant a lot of tree's down if you don't want to be attacked. Maybe enlarge your starting area? as i know at 10% evolution aliens WILL attack you if polution reaches their base. I will check this out myself :) So no worries ill investigate it and explain my findings see if i can balance things a bit. Thanks for the report!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
MysticDaedra wrote:Maybe 10-15 minutes into the game a ginormous horde of very fast biters swarmed my fledgling factory and killed me. When I respawned (playing on a dedicated server) I had no weapon... and because of the destruction of the mass of biters I had no way of getting another. Hoping this is a bug? Cause if not it is totally broken. There is no way I'd be able to have the materials needed soon enough to defend against a swarm that huge that early in the game...
If you were playing on a dedicated server does that mean that server already ran for several hours before you joined? If so thats your problem right there. If not the pack does have a sense of difficulty into it and you should rush turrets ASAP or really plant a lot of tree's down if you don't want to be attacked. Maybe enlarge your starting area? as i know at 10% evolution aliens WILL attack you if polution reaches their base. I will check this out myself :) So no worries ill investigate it and explain my findings see if i can balance things a bit. Thanks for the report!

PS: Turn misanthrope off if you want to play right now :) It lowers the difficulty a bunch.

EDIT:

I don't know what you did but... I sure as hell can't replicate it. Lol.. i tried adding pollution to the game manually. I tried it with machines. sped up the game till i hit 1 hour and 30 min ingame time.. but 0 biters that whole time.. So i really don't know what you did.. Maybe you're playing on deathworld difficulty? (biter settings maxed out)? Give me your save file. I'll see what I can do.

http://prntscr.com/amc2cx

as you can see 1 hour and 38 min~ in and still nothing attacked me. So I am sorry but I can't help you here unfortunately. Maybe your using your own mods? Or anything else. Anyway upload your save file and ill take another look at it!

sirjerome
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sirjerome »

i am 8 hours in with a large ish scale base and i randomly get large frame drops semi frequently from 60 down to 30 for a few seconds on my 17-5820K\32 ddr4 ram\gtx90TI

i had none of this frame drop on the 0.0.7 but since moving to 1.0.3 its started

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

sirjerome wrote:i am 8 hours in with a large ish scale base and i randomly get large frame drops semi frequently from 60 down to 30 for a few seconds on my 17-5820K\32 ddr4 ram\gtx90TI

i had none of this frame drop on the 0.0.7 but since moving to 1.0.3 its started
Could you send me your save file? thanks.

sirjerome
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sirjerome »

hi, i am new to the forums how do i go about doing that?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

sirjerome wrote:hi, i am new to the forums how do i go about doing that?
If you comment in the section below there's an "upload attachment"..
Please select your save file and send it to me.

sirjerome
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sirjerome »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
sirjerome wrote:i am 8 hours in with a large ish scale base and i randomly get large frame drops semi frequently from 60 down to 30 for a few seconds on my 17-5820K\32 ddr4 ram\gtx90TI

Could you send me your save file? thanks.
Attachments
1.0.3.zip
(9.52 MiB) Downloaded 88 times

sirjerome
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sirjerome »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
its the normal 1.0.3 but i also took the 5dim transport (love the 50m underground belts to much) and 5dim core from 0.0.7 and added them in if that helps diagnose

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

sirjerome wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
its the normal 1.0.3 but i also took the 5dim transport (love the 50m underground belts to much) and 5dim core from 0.0.7 and added them in if that helps diagnose
Then would you please be so kind to upload your own modpack aswell. Just upload your whole mods folder.

sirjerome
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sirjerome »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
sirjerome wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
Then would you please be so kind to upload your own modpack aswell. Just upload your whole mods folder.

the file was too big so i compressed it and uploaded it to my dropbox, here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckdqqye64axrus6/mods.rar?dl=0

the save file is in my previous comment marked as zip 1.0.3

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

sirjerome wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
sirjerome wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:

the file was too big so i compressed it and uploaded it to my dropbox, here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckdqqye64axrus6/mods.rar?dl=0

the save file is in my previous comment marked as zip 1.0.3

wellp I looked into it however I could not find any mods being at fault here. Maybe your using your integrated graphics card on factorio? Try looking into that. mine ran at 60 FPS / 60 UPS the whole time. With the ocassional drop to 58.8 but that is because when factorio sends out the biter AI attack command a VERY large wave of processing needs to happen and hickups the game just a slight bit. but to say your fps drops from 60 to 30 is nonsense. However do try putting your game in peaceful mode see if this works.
Simply make your save multiplayer & enable commands then enter this command: /c game.peaceful_mode = true

See if this resolves your lag issue. But I am telling you its not the mods causing it as the script update is within well reasonable boundaries to cause any issues.

Ass3rtiv3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ass3rtiv3 »

So me and my friend have desync issues on the latest version of the modpack.
We solved earlier desyncs by reinstalling all the mods, now we're about 30 hours into the game that isn't helping anymore though.
Now we're just getting desync loops on joining the game.
We're both running the steam version, connection runs over Hamachi.

If anyone could look into this that would be great, because we're at the end of our wits...
Attachments
log.txt
(72.07 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Ass3rtiv3 wrote:So me and my friend have desync issues on the latest version of the modpack.
We solved earlier desyncs by reinstalling all the mods, now we're about 30 hours into the game that isn't helping anymore though.

If anyone could look into this that would be great, because we're at the end of our wits...

Never dealt with these kind of issues before.. however it has been happening more lately that lategame people start desyncing.. due to an issue with biters? try deleting misantrophe. Starting the save in multiplayer again. killing ALL biters with a command (google it) lol
try rejoining then. It should work. If not report back to me.

Ass3rtiv3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ass3rtiv3 »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
Ass3rtiv3 wrote:So me and my friend have desync issues on the latest version of the modpack.

Never dealt with these kind of issues before.. however it has been happening more lately that lategame people start desyncing.. due to an issue with biters? try deleting misantrophe. Starting the save in multiplayer again. killing ALL biters with a command (google it) lol
try rejoining then. It should work. If not report back to me.
Yeah, i forgot to add we already did that.
Last thing we tried was running without Misanthrope and EVO GUI, deleted all the enemies and bases currently on the map, but still nothing
Also I tried killing the power of the whole Base so absolutely nothing was moving, which didn't work either.
That's why I kinda already ruled out the "too much going on at once" being the problem.

Return to “Mods”