Bugs & CTD's! [Latest version only]

Topics and discussion about specific mods
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bugs & CTD's! [Latest version only]

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Give em here! GIMME ALL!
But first! Please check if you provide the following information. Otherwise its gonna be harder for me to figure out!

- Post in decent english please no not perfect. Just understandable :) ! Its very difficult to understand an issue if I don't know what you mean.
- Post any log files / screenshots / Error messages related to the problem.
- Modpack Name & Version.
- Factorio Version
- When the bug happens and if recreatable.
- Save file (If applicable)

All of these in your bug report post? Good! Post it!

Some of them in there? Post it! but make sure I am able to solve it!

None and you just want to have a conversation? Make a topic! this is not what this thread is for o.o!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

dffactor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & CTD's! [Latest version only]

Post by dffactor »

After 7 Hours of playing i got this error

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

dffactor wrote:After 7 Hours of playing i got this error

Mh... let's see here.. this might be due to the latest update.. Ill get back to you with more news if i find a fix for this.

Kluie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kluie »

Shadow I am having a problem with Yuoki here is the error I get

"_Yuoki_/Graphics/gfx/bcd-idle-e.png"(at 7,1,size 153x139 of 140x122)

I am running Windows 8.1 with a Nvidia Geforce 745m Graphics card and 8gb of ram and 2gb of vram and Intel i7 processer

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Kluie wrote:Shadow I am having a problem with Yuoki here is the error I get

"_Yuoki_/Graphics/gfx/bcd-idle-e.png"(at 7,1,size 153x139 of 140x122)

I am running Windows 8.1 with a Nvidia Geforce 745m Graphics card and 8gb of ram and 2gb of vram and Intel i7 processer
Yes.. this was an issue with the crop-cache.dat probably. This is most likely due to you having factorio on your computer for a very very long time. Go to factorio in %appdata% and in the MAIN folder. not the mods folder. There should be a file called crop-cache.dat delete it. Reboot the game ;) That should work for you.

Bristow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bristow »

darkshadow1809 wrote:

Mh... let's see here.. this might be due to the latest update.. Ill get back to you with more news if i find a fix for this.
Some info I have noted while also encountering this bug, in hopes that it will make it easier to fix:
-Factorio 0.12.19
-ShadowsComboPack 0.12.19 (only mod, I disabled endless ores per my preference)
-I also had a long playtime, rougly 8 hours before I seen this error
-I was playing multiplayer with 1 other person near 100% of the first 8 hours, as soon as he left the game I got this error almost immediately

I tracked what was happening on the map and was able to replicate the error. Any time a biter died, the error would pop up. On whichever biter I could find I tried the handheld pistol and submachine gun, plus the machine gun turret and the sniper turret, all causing the error. I was able to load one of my older autosaves to a point where I could remove my turrets that were causing it, and have successfully played another ~6 hours on the same map without any more errors. I was going to have the other player rejoin and see if the error still popped up but he hasn't been able to join to test yet.

I hope that helps!

Note: I just made this account to post these findings, so first post whoo!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Bristow wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:

Some info I have noted while also encountering this bug, in hopes that it will make it easier to fix:
-Factorio 0.12.19
-ShadowsComboPack 0.12.19 (only mod, I disabled endless ores per my preference)
-I also had a long playtime, rougly 8 hours before I seen this error
-I was playing multiplayer with 1 other person near 100% of the first 8 hours, as soon as he left the game I got this error almost immediately

I tracked what was happening on the map and was able to replicate the error. Any time a biter died, the error would pop up. On whichever biter I could find I tried the handheld pistol and submachine gun, plus the machine gun turret and the sniper turret, all causing the error. I was able to load one of my older autosaves to a point where I could remove my turrets that were causing it, and have successfully played another ~6 hours on the same map without any more errors. I was going to have the other player rejoin and see if the error still popped up but he hasn't been able to join to test yet.

I hope that helps!

Note: I just made this account to post these findings, so first post whoo!
Ah yes very informative aswell :) I was almost getting behind this issue myself aswell. The problem is this should only happen on 0.12.17 - 0.12.18 Not 0.12.19 at any time... So lets see if i am able to fix this this afternoon. But I doubt I can. Since I am awaiting an update fix from mo's :)

Zman111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zman111 »

myself and a friend have been having a smilar problem when destroying rocks in multiplayer with mocombat

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Zman111 wrote:myself and a friend have been having a smilar problem when destroying rocks in multiplayer with mocombat

Mh simply remove Mocombat for the both of you at this point. It should fix the issue entirely. Since I can't seem to solve it atm.

Zman111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zman111 »

it's not just Mocombat, it's all the MoMods in 0.0.5 (have yet to try replicating with new version)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Zman111 wrote:it's not just Mocombat, it's all the MoMods in 0.0.5 (have yet to try replicating with new version)
Odd.. it seems all the momods are doing weird things.. Some are causing microstutter whilst some are very game breaking. I'll remove the momod sequence for now until all these issues have been fixed apparently. (I myself don't have these issues on my computer so its very hard to tell.

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

Biter agro seems off. When I attack the biters and bases I get trains of biters from distant bases coming from all directions, and I do mean distant bases as my settings are normal and Medium for enemies. Usually you get the enemies in the general base cluster attacking you but now its all base clusters even distant ones.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Icehockeyplyr1 wrote:Biter agro seems off. When I attack the biters and bases I get trains of biters from distant bases coming from all directions, and I do mean distant bases as my settings are normal and Medium for enemies. Usually you get the enemies in the general base cluster attacking you but now its all base clusters even distant ones.

Yup this modpack offers REALLY overpowered weapons. It's not a bug. Its misanthrophe + natural evolution combined. Its supposed to make the game WAY harder. basically evens the odds :) Your an invader on THEIR homeworld. You're gonna get it if you try attacking them :P So make sure you're prepared.

However you could always turn those 2 mods off in the mods menu.. Its a modular pack ;)

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

Awesome- I just thought it was bugged out. This just means more ammo and weapons will be needed. Thanks for letting me know! However I do wonder if it would be even possible with mobs maxed out... may have to try that.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Icehockeyplyr1 wrote:Awesome- I just thought it was bugged out. This just means more ammo and weapons will be needed. Thanks for letting me know! However I do wonder if it would be even possible with mobs maxed out... may have to try that.

With aliens on max? Yeh its definitely possible! I tried it :) Maxing out all aliens meaning > all options on enemy bases: Very high / good / high or whatever :P You just have to get lucky to get a chokepoint spawn and good resources next to eachother. You have to rush turrets and walls and mass produce walls and make sure to wall in every building and put a turret or even 2 next to it and rush for the natural evolution mod. It has a machine that can decrease evolution of the aliens :) rendering them useless. This does mean however they get to around 30% - 40% evolution before you can do it though but after that you should be fine! this is under best conditions tho :) I usually have it around 60 - 70% evolution before i reach that machine on natural evo. Anyway its a REAL challenge trust me :P it takes several restarts and sometimes even a lot of luck so reloading saves is advised if you get attacked and to much gets destroyed.

Yurasic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yurasic »

Yeterday i am installed this modepack. Today If I want Load SaveGame come Error:

VUKing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VUKing »

The game worked perfectly. Do not turn off the game a few days after the installation of mod pack. I use a manual save to every few hours.
After 80+ hours of play my computer crashes. I tried to run the game from the autosave. When I tried to run the game the error occurred "error while running deserealization: ....."
All autosave was corrupted.
Last SAVE file that I could play was made about 40+ hours of game play.

Game version 0.12.20
mod pak version 0.0.7 downloaded 27-dec

Error appears randomly. take some savefile:
error
100h:30m
100h:34m

i just start the game at save 100 hour and 30 min play 4 min and save again. and new save have this error.

luffe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by luffe »

Hi,

I hope your new year is off to a good start.
Here are the log and save file for out multiplayer game that keeps desyncing.
If you are able to track down the cause of the desync with this info you have my deepest gratitude.
If it's much of a bother to solve it then i totally understand and would still just like to thank you for your awesome modpack :)
The only other mod that was included on top of the shadowmegapack was the scienceoverhaul.
The only in-game message we get is that the game is desyncing

whether you can help with this or not, thanks for your time and have a great year 2016 :)

Gladaed
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gladaed »

As i started with the modpack the RSO Overhaul mod was deactivated.
Also a version with infinite ressources turned off would be nice as some people might actually want to be forced to expand

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

Hello, I'm not sure if its not work this one so it seem bug?
can you help me about this one?

Return to “Mods”