Post by eradicator »

Type: Mod
Name: Stationary Fusion Reactors
Description: Makes Portable Fusion Reactors placeable in-world
License: GNU GPLv3
Version: 1.0.2
Release: 2018-02-17
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.16.23
Works with: Vanilla, Bob's Warfare, Bob's Vehicle Equipment, DiegoPro77's More Fusion Reactors
Category: Power Production for rich people
Mod-Portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/er-statio ... n-reactors
Long description
Pictures
Changelog
Currently supports only vanilla, bobs warfare, bobs vehicle equipment reactors and diegopro77's more fusion reactors, but adding compatibility to other mods is trivial. So just tell me which mods you want compatibility added for ;)
Last edited by eradicator on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Stationary Fusion Reactors

Post by steinio »

Lol

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

This seems like fun. Can we get Bob's Warfare Fusion Reactor compatibility?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

oktabyte wrote:This seems like fun. Can we get Bob's Warfare Fusion Reactor compatibility?
Done. Also added compatibility for Bob's Vehicle Equipment while i was at it ;).
mod_compatibility_bob.jpg
mod_compatibility_bob.jpg (136.95 KiB) Viewed 7924 times

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

eradicator wrote:
oktabyte wrote:This seems like fun. Can we get Bob's Warfare Fusion Reactor compatibility?
Done. Also added compatibility for Bob's Vehicle Equipment while i was at it ;).
mod_compatibility_bob.jpg
Great, Thanks a lot. Can't wait to see how this will work out :D

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

thats a good idea, if it can be portable, why not stationary? :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

DiegoPro77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DiegoPro77 »

Thanks for your collaboration with my mod! i will check if there are any bugs ;D.
Aka Playmaker. My mods: https://mods.factorio.com/user/77playmaker -|- My Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6NGYQdX
"One day you'll live this word behind, so live a life you will remember."
Expanding your game experience since 2018.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 1.0.2
Date: 2018-02-19
Mod compatibility:
- Added requested cross mod compatibility: DiegoPro77's More Fusion Reactors (4 Tiers)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else: PLEASE post requests to this thread and not to the mod portal. And tell me what mod you actually want added, and not some generic "please support my mod".

DiegoPro77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DiegoPro77 »

Eradicator:
-If you think that i'm using you you're wrong because i've only advised you that i've updated my mod (i wasn't complaining about you and your work, you've done a good work and i'm using your mod). ;)
-On the page of my mod i've advised my users that you've done a cross-mod compatibility with me.
-You aren't the only that has worked! I've updated my mod (very hard work to do the mk6 equipment and the rebalancing) and i've only added new textures for my mod, i didn't see if in your mod there weren't any bugs, because it's your mod and it's right that your work remains your work. (Think that i haven't enough time to programming my mods!) :?
-When i do some changes on one of my mods i test they EVERY TIME before updating that mod on my page, so if my mods have any bugs is because i don't have enough skills and time for fix they. :evil: :cry:

So: If you want to continue our collaboration, you're welcome and i'll be happy. :)
If you don't want :( : i'm not going to stop you, because it's your work and you can do what do you want with it, but i tell you that that will cause some consequences (i'm not going to tell you what). :?

In both the cases, please cancel your post on the discussion page that you've done with me, because you've my respect; but i want your respect, because i'm not going to be umiliated from you or anyone in front of thousands and thousands of people. :evil:

Thanks however for your collaboration in these months.
-DiegoPro77
Last edited by DiegoPro77 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aka Playmaker. My mods: https://mods.factorio.com/user/77playmaker -|- My Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6NGYQdX
"One day you'll live this word behind, so live a life you will remember."
Expanding your game experience since 2018.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

@DiegoPro77:
I saw you added a new tier but haven't had time to update yet. Did the update break anything on my side? (Adding would hopefully be fast, but testing takes time). Nice you finally managed to use the forum. The mod portal doesn't offer any moderating features which is why i asked that people please use the forum (also notifications...). I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by posting vague threads here @"consequences", and i don't remember humiliating you anywhere.

Also you spelled my name wrong.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Super cool idea! Can you add an support for omni-compression? It in default ignore weapons, but you may be able to generate corresponsding buildings with its api.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

jessefjxm wrote:Super cool idea! Can you add an support for omni-compression? It in default ignore weapons, but you may be able to generate corresponsding buildings with its api.
I looked at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_compression and the only thing i can see is an item named "Compressed Portable fusion reactor" which is not actually a usable equipment. So not sure what exactly you want me to add support for?

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

eradicator wrote:
jessefjxm wrote:Super cool idea! Can you add an support for omni-compression? It in default ignore weapons, but you may be able to generate corresponsding buildings with its api.
I looked at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/omnimatter_compression and the only thing i can see is an item named "Compressed Portable fusion reactor" which is not actually a usable equipment. So not sure what exactly you want me to add support for?
Well, looks like it's a omni's fault.. never mind :)

BTW, angel's industry also add one fusion reactor, can you add support for it?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsindustries

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I'm currently taking a modding break. I guess i can look at it if/when i'm back. There seems to be a general lack of interest in this kind of mod though :/.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Could you please add compatibility with Iron man mod?, It gives you the ark Reactor, which provides 5MW per unit (I would be more powerful than the most powerful of those that are now compatible)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Dear triktor, i'm afraid that this is still the current state:
eradicator wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:04 pm
I'm currently taking a modding break. I guess i can look at it if/when i'm back. There seems to be a general lack of interest in this kind of mod though :/.
I'll probably be updating this when 0.17 comes, but dealing with the potential bugs that are caused by mods with custom reactor graphics that i haven't ever used myself isn't currently on my to-do list.

Just out of interest: Are you already using this mod or did you want to use it only with iron man?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Im hoping to see this incorporated into the 17.x build of factorio. I loved this mod during the 16.x builds and i wish to have it also on the 17.x build. If the graphics are the problem, all that needs solved is replacing the graphics? Im all in support with seeing this mod updated for 17.x and future iterations of factorio though!

Edit: Forgot to mention i always used this mod, and was one of the few mods holding me on factorio 16.x Builds. I finally moved to the 17.x build, but i keep a archive of all of my mods and the builds i played in so if i wanna revisit using the mod i can.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

supernet2 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:24 am
Im hoping to see this incorporated into the 17.x build of factorio.
Thank you for your support. However i'm sorry to have to tell you that i have no intention to further develop this mod. The mod is open source and it shouldn't be too difficult to move it to 0.17 if you only need support for vanilla reactors.
supernet2 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:24 am
If the graphics are the problem, all that needs solved is replacing the graphics?
The problem isn't that simply. Any mod can use any graphic for their reactors: Any shape, any form any size any color. And there's no way to automatically generate a good size from the graphics automatically. (i.e. the vanilla reactor has a 2x4 graphic, but in the world it only has a 2x2 footprint).

Which means *automatically* supporting every other mod properly is impossible. And doing it manually would be a ridiculous amount of work. Which means the only way to do it would be giving every reactor the exact same graphic. Which would be really ugly in large modpacks. Or to supply an api for other mods to register their own reactors, which i doubt many of the other mod authors would want to deal with.

Which mods were you using this with?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Attached pictures of what mods i use now since theres so many. But on build 16, it was my bread and butter combine with factorissimo it was a beautiful thing for making mobile and independent micro mobile bases.

Newest mod that takes this concept to the next level is the warptario mod (as well as new game+).

Warptario just on the fly warps you and it would be a god send item to utilize for power once you get to that point, but by that point you've already unlocked just about everything.

NewGame+ I used and it worked great with clustorio for cross server gameplay (transporting items or my character to another server while in game). but that was on build 16.X, for build 17.x thats warptario that i use now.

Edit: Im all for learning how to do modding to salvage this mod and make it functional with my current factorio build.
Attachments
What i use currently
What i use currently
factoriobld17.PNG (44.7 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
What i use on the 16.x build
What i use on the 16.x build
factoriobld16x.PNG (100.62 KiB) Viewed 5284 times

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Okay figured out how to modify and correct the issues in the mod. Wasn't as hard as I thought. It really was just as simple as correcting graphical issues. As for the API situation, I guess I could build something to automate that functionality but I don't wanna steal your work. I've corrected the mod for 17.79 for my own personal use. Just figured i'd mention, the correcting it took nothing more than modifying the graphics and adjusting the code name just to avoid conflict with mods and other stuff. Thanks for responding and letting me know for now, its considered abandoned. Which is why I just adjusted it for my own personal use. Thanks again for the concept and initial idea, and ground work. Well you and diego

Return to “Mods”