kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Angels Patch

Post by kingarthur »

kingarthur wrote:
orzelek wrote:
kingarthur wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Kingarthur, how to fix this error? https://yadi.sk/i/XfOcMgfP3MAarv - conflict with AAI Industry
Why requirements are duplicated?
Would need to figure out what mods have modified the medium electric pole. most likely 2 of them are both trying to add creosote to it the pole at the same time.

easiest way is to deactivate any mods list on that item and reactive them one at a time until the issue shows back up
I think bob's library has functions that are meant to add/replace ingredients that are protected from this behavior.
Might help if your mod and/or mod in question (angel's most likely) would use those. That would create dependency on bobslibrary which might not be desired.
its not anything to do with angels or my mod directly. one or more of the other mods he has is the ones messing with it. pycoal adds the creosote to the pole but something else is added a small iron pole and made other changes.
Wildejackson wrote:AAI Industry adds the iron pole for early game where wood is scarce. I didn't look at the code but I think AAI is using a updated recipe (it has no dependence on bobs whatsoever) and I think py is using one of bob's recipe functions. I think this can be avoided if PCTBA/PyCP load after (ie. soft dependent on AAI). I will experiment when I get home
not sure exactly what the conflict is between the two mods back i managed to get a soft dependence for aii-industry set up and fixed the recipe for the medium electric pole. it should only change this if aai is installed

Changelog:
Recipe
overrode medium electric pole recipe to eliminate double creosote requirement

let me know if there are any issues
Attachments
PyCoalTBaA_0.0.3.zip
PCTBA update for aai-industry
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks kingarthur
Sorry i know this patch about compatibility with angel's not with another mods but i'm not coder i can't fix some strange issue's wiht other mods
May be i'll take my modpack and i'll make let's play with PYCP
Here's my mod list https://yadi.sk/i/uHHT3ohe3MGrf9
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

When i'm playing with PYCP and angel's refining i have bug named - "something vent wrong"
And many many recipes where nexelit fuel rod are using - its looks like core of PYCP modding many recipes, may be its serious error in logic of mod

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

aklesey1 wrote:When i'm playing with PYCP and angel's refining i have bug named - "something vent wrong"
And many many recipes where nexelit fuel rod are using - its looks like core of PYCP modding many recipes, may be its serious error in logic of mod
All those nexelit fuel rod recipes are dynamically generated as Advanced Foundry Recipes. It's possibly those "something went wrong" recipes also stem from that, but I'm not sure.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

aklesey1 wrote:When i'm playing with PYCP and angel's refining i have bug named - "something vent wrong"
Same here. I tried various combinations of different versions of PyCoal/refining mod and still had same issue.
It seems to be caused not by this PyCoalTBaA patch but PyCoal itself.

Though it seems like that it's just a visual thingy. Angel adds a ton of recipes with that "something vent wrong" as their product and then hides/overrides it with proper stuff if there are any needs for it. From what I understand, what is happening is that some of those unused recipes don't get hidden for some reason. From what I can see, all the relevant recipes are still unlockable by researching them.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

romtos wrote:
All those nexelit fuel rod recipes are dynamically generated as Advanced Foundry Recipes. It's possibly those "something went wrong" recipes also stem from that, but I'm not sure.
ya pycoal is trying auto gen a bunch of recipes for the advanced foundry for all of the different angel ores processing stages. i believe whats it used for will show those recipes although you cant actually use them. they shouldn't break anything as they are extra but as soon as i have time in the next few days ill look into fixing or hiding them.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Kingarthur
Exuse me but again a question not on a subject
whether there are ways to disconnect these broken angel+PYCP recipes (something vent wrong) which appear in angel's refining? I just want o a=understand - is it angel's refining trying to interact with PYCP or PYCP trying to interact with angel's?

Frankly speaking I thought that obtaining compatibility with angel's petrochem only will become an final goal but not with other angel's mods

And i have small suggestion for early sand getting
Recipe - 1 crushed stone = 2 sand, time 4 seconds - in crusher

Another serious conflict with AAI Indutry - i can't make any pole without technology for electricity and so i can't connect to burner generator - there 2 types of small poles exists - small wooden and small iron - i think the wooden pole must be open from start

I like Earendel's ideas but he don't want to answer to me, may he's too busy for now
Last edited by aklesey1 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:Kingarthur
Exuse me but again a question not on a subject
whether there are ways to disconnect these broken angel+PYCP recipes (something vent wrong) which appear in angel's refining? I just want o a=understand - is it angel's refining trying to interact with PYCP or PYCP trying to interact with angel's?

Frankly speaking I thought that obtaining compatibility with angel's petrochem only will become an final goal but not with other angel's mods
i believe its pycoal trying to interact with angels refining ores. pycoal adds extra recipes for a bunch of items to make them with those fuel rods and for some reason the recipes for the ores break. most likely because they are limited to a certain building.

compatibility with petrochem is the main goal but i intend to support all of angels mods

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Tonight I'll test to see what's new) in 0.3

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What can be the general between aromatics and natural gas?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:What can be the general between aromatics and natural gas?
im not sure yet still looking into the chemistry behind it all

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

I can suggest aromatics could be brokrn to natural gas and vice versa with the use of some catalyst or strong acid.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:

I can suggest aromatics could be brokrn to natural gas and vice versa with the use of some catalyst or strong acid.
ok. sounds good. do you have a suggestion of where to get more info. ive been googling a bit and so much Wikipedia on it all but it a little then on aromatics related to oil and natural gas info

generalsnipe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by generalsnipe »

Damgam wrote:Maybe upload it on mods.factorio.com
+1 This ideal. Upload is easy, and quick. Will help to spread this mod out.

Great work btw, I kinda wish we can have an "ore library" so all mods will work out.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:ok. sounds good. do you have a suggestion of where to get more info. ive been googling a bit and so much Wikipedia on it all but it a little then on aromatics related to oil and natural gas info
I dunno where since "aromatics" are a generic name for more than 10 million componds. But since were talking about H-C bonds which are the same category as methane (natural gas/petroleum gas). We just need something to break that rings and split their parts into smaller ones. In chemistry its done using catalysts or some strong bases or acids under some temperature. Since angel's have lots of catalyts, you can use them to convert.

Not all knowledge are om wikipedia. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
kingarthur wrote:ok. sounds good. do you have a suggestion of where to get more info. ive been googling a bit and so much Wikipedia on it all but it a little then on aromatics related to oil and natural gas info
I dunno where since "aromatics" are a generic name for more than 10 million componds. But since were talking about H-C bonds which are the same category as methane (natural gas/petroleum gas). We just need something to break that rings and split their parts into smaller ones. In chemistry its done using catalysts or some strong bases or acids under some temperature. Since angel's have lots of catalyts, you can use them to convert.

ya ive done more research on it and ive figured out how to handle the aromatic issue. petrochem already has recipes in place to create benzene already. ive just got to get it and some other stuff coded and tested over the next few days before i post another update

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey kingarthur
I have one small sugestion

In bob's mods we need 5 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid
In angel's mods we need 1 sulfur to get 50 sulfur dioxide and after that get sulfuric acid

To keep balance for sulfuric acid production I suggest to enter detection of angel mods - dynamic changing recipes
1) If only bob's mods only recipe which are using sulfuric acid remains the same
2) If bob's mods + angel mods recipe which are using sulfuric acid must be multiplied on 5 - for example 50 sulfuric acid instead of 10 will be - that's bcuz we can spend sulfur in smaller quantities to get really very huge amounts of sulfuric acid

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

kingarthur wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

ya ive done more research on it and ive figured out how to handle the aromatic issue. petrochem already has recipes in place to create benzene already. ive just got to get it and some other stuff coded and tested over the next few days before i post another update
From what I see, aromatics would be either benzene or BTX.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

D-TecT
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by D-TecT »

kingarthur wrote:
romtos wrote:
ya pycoal is trying auto gen a bunch of recipes for the advanced foundry for all of the different angel ores processing stages. i believe whats it used for will show those recipes although you cant actually use them. they shouldn't break anything as they are extra but as soon as i have time in the next few days ill look into fixing or hiding them.
To fix(hide) the "something went wrong" recipes you can put the following code at the end of "data-final-fixes.lua":

Code: Select all

-- disable recipes with "angels-void" or "slag" as main product
for name, recipe in pairs(data.raw.recipe) do
    if recipe.main_product == "angels-void" or recipe.main_product == "slag" then
        log("disable " .. name)
        data.raw.recipe[name].enabled = false
    end
end   
I haven't check if there is another need for the recipes, I just think that they're not needed an hide them.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

D-TecT wrote: To fix(hide) the "something went wrong" recipes you can put the following code at the end of "data-final-fixes.lua":

Code: Select all

-- disable recipes with "angels-void" or "slag" as main product
for name, recipe in pairs(data.raw.recipe) do
    if recipe.main_product == "angels-void" or recipe.main_product == "slag" then
        log("disable " .. name)
        data.raw.recipe[name].enabled = false
    end
end   
I haven't check if there is another need for the recipes, I just think that they're not needed an hide them.
Thanks its works but I am still confused by recipes for advanced foundry - these recipes are not always logical and scattered on different tabs - coke can't be crafted in advnced foundry, the angel coke's recipe i mean and some anothers, i think цу туув to allocate separate place in py coal processing tab - pyanodon pls can u group these advanced foundry recipes so we can see some order?

Return to “Mods”