[0.15] FactoriMon 0.1.0 - Capture, breed, battle aliens.

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15] FactoriMon 0.1.0 - Capture, breed, battle aliens.

Post by Daid »

I just pushed FactoriMon 0.1.0 to mods.factorio.com: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/daid/factorimon

This mods adds the ability to capture biters/spitters, as well as breeding them, and even have them fight each other to their death!

Aliens!
Each captured alien under your control has a "sex" and "level". Sex is male or female and important for breeding. "levels" go from A to Z. Where A is the best, and Z is the worst. The higher the alien level, the better it fights, the better stuff you get from harvesting.

Main new items, in a quick overview:
* Stun magazine: You use this to stun small biters/spitters. Then you can pick them up and place them somewhere, and suddenly they are your friend. :roll: Fired from normal weapons.
* Breeder "light": if this is powered, and a male and female alien of the same type are near. Then they breed. Due to how breeding works with aliens, they die as part of the process and produce a number of eggs.
* Hatchery: Eggs are inserted, new aliens come out. Pretty easy.
* Arena "light": if this is powered, aliens nearby will attack each other. Until the last one remains standing.
* Slaughterhouse "harvesting": Aliens enter, alien parts come out. By magic! No aliens are hurt during this process.

Support items:
* Alien sensor: Detects how many and which type of aliens are nearby, and outputs this to the circuit network.

So, the process of working with this mod is:
1) Capture a few aliens with the stun magazines.
2) Breed these aliens into eggs.
3) Use the eggs to create more aliens.
4) Use the arena to improve your aliens.
5) Harvest high quality aliens for many alien parts.

You can fully automate the steps 2 to 5 thanks to the sensor and gates.

More info
Breeding never creates higher level aliens, it creates more aliens of the same or lower levels. Only fighting can upgrade your alien levels.

Development info
Currently the resulting alien parts cannot be used for anything yet. Still working on that part, and pondering what to do exactly with the results.
The plan is to have certain parts only being available from higher level aliens. But first I need to figure out where I'm going to use those parts for.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15] FactoriMon 0.1.0 - Capture, breed, battle aliens.

Post by Daid »

Posting this here, not because it's finished. But I could use some feedback on how to progress further with this mod. The basics of capturing/breeding/fighting/harvesting are working. But there is no end goal for this yet.

stevegalaxius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stevegalaxius »

what about using bug parts to generate fuel? animal oil processing. farm bugs for bug parts that you melt down into a lipid slurry that you have to refine into solid fuel blocks or light oil or whatever

Looneyterran
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Looneyterran »

I love the concept of this mod and have so many ideas, but I thought I'd restrain myself and discuss what to do with the parts.
What would make sense to me is the ability to create some sort of biter handling/killing products from their parts. Atleast some kind of Biter Repellant, it's the limbs and corpses of their captured and enslaved brethren after all...
"Repel" from Pokémon comes to mind, like a temporary and/or radial zone that makes the biters behave as they would do on a world with Peaceful mode activated.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Looneyterran wrote:I love the concept of this mod and have so many ideas, but I thought I'd restrain myself and discuss what to do with the parts.
Don't limit yourself. Spill all your ideas :-)

Tommo1993PL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tommo1993PL »

I've got some suggestions, and a "bug report".
Suggestions: Capture captured aliens. (Shooting them 50 times won't do anything...) More powerful stun magazine for medium and big (or even behemoth) biters/spitters. Cooked alien meat (just like fish...)

"Bug report": I don't know how, but when I'm trying to play this happens:
"Error while running event factorimon::on_tick
(ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when Lua\entity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__factorimon__/control/breeder.lua:27: in function 'tick_function'
__factorimon__/fm-util.lua:59: in function
<__factorimon__/fm-util.lua:53>"
I'm stuck like that, because I was doing something very important when game autosaved. I also can't destroy breeder, because game crashes, too.

*EDIT: The reason the game crashes is that breeder loses power, for some kind of wierd reason. I tried to save my factory by killing biters, destroying access to power, but game crashes when it's has no power... It also crashes when time in game reaches ~29:31:03. Please help.
Are you a bot? I don't know...

Alphatrion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alphatrion »

Does anyone else have this problem? https://prnt.sc/ff8wzn

Return to “Mods”