Post by kaueNP »

Djohaal wrote:This mod is beyond cool. Any news if it'll be update to 0.16? :D
Coming soon....I think ;)

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] NPUtils 3.32

Post by DrJones »

A buddy and I recently started a new playthrough with your mods, and both of us are having issues with some items being invisible. In the tech tree and the crafting menu there are quite a few that are invisible, see screenshots. In the crafting menu it's only on this page. When placed in the world, it looks like it's only (most of) the inserters that are invisible. Vanilla inserters are still visible, so it's still playable, but it's kinda annoying.

I've fiddled with all the graphics settings, but have been unable to fix it.

I've also attached my test save with all tech and all items cheated in.

Any idea what the issue might be? Is this an issue with your mods? Can you repro this with my save? What's special about the items that are invisible?

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this?
Attachments
Test.zip
Test save
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Some invisible items in the crafting menu
Some invisible items in the crafting menu
20181218212446_1.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2221 times
Also invisible in the tech tree
Also invisible in the tech tree
20181218212431_1.jpg (518.4 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
Invisible inserters!
Invisible inserters!
20181218212258_1.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2221 times

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

DrJones wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 pm
A buddy and I recently started a new playthrough with your mods, and both of us are having issues with some items being invisible. In the tech tree and the crafting menu there are quite a few that are invisible, see screenshots. In the crafting menu it's only on this page. When placed in the world, it looks like it's only (most of) the inserters that are invisible. Vanilla inserters are still visible, so it's still playable, but it's kinda annoying.

I've fiddled with all the graphics settings, but have been unable to fix it.

I've also attached my test save with all tech and all items cheated in.

Any idea what the issue might be? Is this an issue with your mods? Can you repro this with my save? What's special about the items that are invisible?

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this?
Hello,I have checked your Test save and works fine here,also I downloaded my mods to check if I send some corrupted file to mods.factorio but everything still works fine :|
Idk whats is wrong ... maybe your files are corrupted ?
Also try to delete the 'crop-cache.dat' inside factorio folder ( User/AppData/Roaming/Factorio ) maybe this can fix the issue to you
Sorry for this long delay,I'm with some big issues with my internet :(

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

Looks like my buddy figured it out. The pictures that don't work seem to be the ones that have 16 bit color. Here's a screenshot with the inserter graphics converted to 8 bit color. This may well be a Mac-only issue, since we both have Macs. After converting all the graphics in the NPUtilsX mod, there are still techs and crafting menu icons that are invisible; perhaps those are from the tech tree mod?

Was there any particular reason why some of the icons use 16 bit color? Would it be too much to ask to convert them to 8-bit?

Thanks!
Attachments
20181227220338_1.jpg
20181227220338_1.jpg (667.01 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

DrJones wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:12 pm
Looks like my buddy figured it out. The pictures that don't work seem to be the ones that have 16 bit color. Here's a screenshot with the inserter graphics converted to 8 bit color. This may well be a Mac-only issue, since we both have Macs. After converting all the graphics in the NPUtilsX mod, there are still techs and crafting menu icons that are invisible; perhaps those are from the tech tree mod?

Was there any particular reason why some of the icons use 16 bit color? Would it be too much to ask to convert them to 8-bit?

Thanks!
Ohh I see,and no,no reason,tbh I just forgot to change this in Cinema4D settings :| my bad
You will find just 'tech icons' inside NPU Tech,inserters icons in NPU X, I will fix this in next update but this can take a while
Anyway thanks for report this issue :!:

Return to “Mods”