[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13+] Creative Mode 0.3.6 - Creator magic pattern

Post by Kormer »

I'm trying to disable pollution in my game to optimize UPS. If I open up Cheats>Game Settings, pollution is set to off, but I definitely still have pollution when I look at the map. Additionally, if I click the On/Off button, it never turns on either.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Kormer wrote:I'm trying to disable pollution in my game to optimize UPS. If I open up Cheats>Game Settings, pollution is set to off, but I definitely still have pollution when I look at the map. Additionally, if I click the On/Off button, it never turns on either.
Thanks for the report. Looks like they have changed (fixed) the datatype of the boolean map settings, maybe since 0.15.0. I will fix it for the next version. ;)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I don't know how useful it is, but it is awesome.
(Shift-click to toggle multiple slots)

Took me 2 hours to implement and debug, and I'm proud of it. :P
(If you have done something like this, you'd know it is not simple. Have to think about many situations, like what happen if user has already shift-clicked another slot or the same slot before, or what if there was no previous click before a shift-click is detected, etc.)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Mooncat wrote:I don't know how useful it is, but it is awesome.
(Shift-click to toggle multiple slots)

Took me 2 hours to implement and debug, and I'm proud of it. :P
(If you have done something like this, you'd know it is not simple. Have to think about many situations, like what happen if user has already shift-clicked another slot or the same slot before, or what if there was no previous click before a shift-click is detected, etc.)
Nicely done.
Now we only have to get mod authors to sort their items in a way to make most use out of selecting ranges. :P

Speaking of ranges, could you prevent chests from splitting item subgroups over 2 chests?

chrisgbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.12+] Creative Mode 0.3.5 - Fix for 0.15.12

Post by chrisgbk »

Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Fatmice wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Fatmice wrote:Bug with substation laying, when placing vanilla substation, the one following the first is placed 5 spaces from the border of the previous, then all subsequent are placed border-on.
Sorry, not quite understand what you meant...
If you meant the vanilla substations are misplaced while being drag-placing, I can't reproduce it. They are perfectly aligned. Besides, my mod doesn't touch the vanilla substation. :?
Are you sure? Does your mod touch wire distance ?
Yes and no.
20170527062318_1.jpg
It is pure vanilla (no yellow words).
Then how do you explain this?
http://imgur.com/a/ORgkA

Only your mod and a test mod of mine, which are just prototypes of entities unrelated to substation, are enabled.
When I disable your mod, I don't get these strange issues. Outside of enabling your mod, I do not change any values.
I don't see this behaviour on my end; either 0.3.5 or 0.3.6 work perfectly fine.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13+] Creative Mode 0.3.7 - Mystery solved!

Post by Mooncat »

Released 0.3.7. An old mystery has been solved!
Changelog
I'm talking about the blueprint preview issue. :)

And I also gave some love to the cheat target list.
Ctrl-click and Shift-click

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.13+] Creative Mode 0.3.7 - Old mystery solved!

Post by masneoquil »

Hello Mooncat

I don't know if this is intended, but with the latest version the Creative Mode category disappeared from the build menu.
It's a bug o I'm missing something?

Thanks!!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

masneoquil wrote:Hello Mooncat

I don't know if this is intended, but with the latest version the Creative Mode category disappeared from the build menu.
It's a bug o I'm missing something?

Thanks!!
Looks like you have turned off cheats > team cheats > Creative tools' recipes
hm... I'm considering removing this option because you are not the first one having this problem. :?

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

I was trying to build a very large blueprint in creative mode, ~400k entities, see reddit post. When I tried to place the blueprint normally and supplied a roboport, construction bots, electricity, creative provider chests and void storage chests (all from creative mod), the bots took about five minutes before they even started acting at all. And then they placed less than a tenth of the entities before they stopped again after about 10 minutes, even though there were still ghosts next to the roboport. I was going to report the second part of this in the bugs subforum once I can reproduce it reliably, but I just wanted to ask if there is any chance that this is something to do with creative mode, even though I dont see how.

Also when I tried to place the blueprint with instant build, my factorio stopped responding, but that is very likely just my laptop being old.

Since I'm here, huge thanks for this mod! It has become one of my most used mods =)
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

blueblue wrote:I was trying to build a very large blueprint in creative mode, ~400k entities, see reddit post. When I tried to place the blueprint normally and supplied a roboport, construction bots, electricity, creative provider chests and void storage chests (all from creative mod), the bots took about five minutes before they even started acting at all. And then they placed less than a tenth of the entities before they stopped again after about 10 minutes, even though there were still ghosts next to the roboport. I was going to report the second part of this in the bugs subforum once I can reproduce it reliably, but I just wanted to ask if there is any chance that this is something to do with creative mode, even though I dont see how.

Also when I tried to place the blueprint with instant build, my factorio stopped responding, but that is very likely just my laptop being old.

Since I'm here, huge thanks for this mod! It has become one of my most used mods =)
Just to make sure...
Do you have enough materials to build those entities? For better performance, the refill rate of each creative chest decreases when the number of creative chests increases. So if you are using the super construction robots, there is a chance that they take out things faster than the chests refilling themselves.

But since you said there is a 5-min delay before the robots start working, I think this is highly related to Factorio. And even if it is caused by my mod, I will need the devs to help me finding the cause. 400k entities will kill my machine.
So please submit it to the bugs subforum. Thanks. :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Mooncat wrote:
blueblue wrote:I was trying to build a very large blueprint in creative mode, ~400k entities, see reddit post. When I tried to place the blueprint normally and supplied a roboport, construction bots, electricity, creative provider chests and void storage chests (all from creative mod), the bots took about five minutes before they even started acting at all. And then they placed less than a tenth of the entities before they stopped again after about 10 minutes, even though there were still ghosts next to the roboport. I was going to report the second part of this in the bugs subforum once I can reproduce it reliably, but I just wanted to ask if there is any chance that this is something to do with creative mode, even though I dont see how.

Just to make sure...
Do you have enough materials to build those entities? For better performance, the refill rate of each creative chest decreases when the number of creative chests increases. So if you are using the super construction robots, there is a chance that they take out things faster than the chests refilling themselves.

But since you said there is a 5-min delay before the robots start working, I think this is highly related to Factorio. And even if it is caused by my mod, I will need the devs to help me finding the cause. 400k entities will kill my machine.
So please submit it to the bugs subforum. Thanks. :)
That is a known issue in vanilla.
You can easily make any blueprinting unresponsive when placing down larger areas of floors with bots.1 or 2 chunks will probably kill even the best machines.

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by blueblue »

Oh ok, I only knew that the bots would be unresponsive initially, I didnt know they might stop after a while before this. Thanks!
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

i guess it isn't a helpful or constructive point but, anyway, here goes - thanks for all your efforts. Makes things so much damn easier to test. I have accidentally now spent longer messing around with builds than I have on my current "main" game I am designing the BP's for :mrgreen:

p.s. I am struggling with the Electric Energy Interface to set it up to a make a 1 GW draw (instead of hooking up a couple hundred beacons :D) - i seem to be failing at its settings and either end up with a huge accumulator or something that only draws a few MW. Any tips? I don't want to use a passive energy void because I want to test my reactor build under a partial load, for example.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

CorBlimey wrote:i guess it isn't a helpful or constructive point but, anyway, here goes - thanks for all your efforts. Makes things so much damn easier to test. I have accidentally now spent longer messing around with builds than I have on my current "main" game I am designing the BP's for :mrgreen:

p.s. I am struggling with the Electric Energy Interface to set it up to a make a 1 GW draw (instead of hooking up a couple hundred beacons :D) - i seem to be failing at its settings and either end up with a huge accumulator or something that only draws a few MW. Any tips? I don't want to use a passive energy void because I want to test my reactor build under a partial load, for example.
Thanks for your kind words! It is helpful and constructive! At least I know my mod is helping people so I am willing to maintain it. ;)

For the electric energy interface, the values on its GUI are per tick, while the electric network info chart is per second. So, if you want to have 1GW (1,000,000,000), divide it by 60 (number of ticks per second), you would get 16,666,666.66..., but unfortunately the GUI does not accept floating value, so you can't get exactly 1GW power drain. Input 16666667 for "Buffer size" and "Power usage", the other fields will be changed automatically.
20170603184316_1.jpg
20170603184316_1.jpg (321.73 KiB) Viewed 9938 times
20170603184309_1.jpg
20170603184309_1.jpg (222.7 KiB) Viewed 9938 times
(I will include this info on the recipe description in the next update)

Rhamphoryncus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rhamphoryncus »

Using the magic wand to place water in sandbox mode gives a scripting error about a missing location field, something like that.. Unselecting "Don't kill the player" works around it.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Rhamphoryncus wrote:Using the magic wand to place water in sandbox mode gives a scripting error about a missing location field, something like that.. Unselecting "Don't kill the player" works around it.
Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next version. ;)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Why is it, even after i delete Creative Mod (yes, delete, not just toggle off), save the game. Then load the game again, there always a message pop up saying "Removed entities-creative chest, etc ?"

That message supposed to pop-up if we ever placed item in-game right ?
Also, it even pop-up when i load my vanilla game.

http://imgur.com/a/VSyoB

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

waduk wrote:Why is it, even after i delete Creative Mod (yes, delete, not just toggle off), save the game. Then load the game again, there always a message pop up saying "Removed entities-creative chest, etc ?"

That message supposed to pop-up if we ever placed item in-game right ?
Also, it even pop-up when i load my vanilla game.

http://imgur.com/a/VSyoB
I have seen this too, and also from other mods (e.g. Nixie Tubes). But I have no idea why this happens.
I think this will be one of the new mysteries. Hopefully it will be fixed either by me or by the devs in the future.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Thanks for the quick response.
That put my mind at ease (sort of).
At the very least it's a known problem/mysteries, and happen on other mod.
So should i report this on bug subforum ?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It is possibly from removing the entities from blueprints for entities that are no longer valid

Return to “Mods”