Topics and discussion about specific mods
darthun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Air Purifier 0.1.1

Post by darthun »

Type: Mod
Name: Air Purifier
Description: Transforms pollution into effluent water. If you mine or destroy any effluent, it releases the pollution back in the air. You can transform effluent into clean water again in a chemical plant. 2 different researchs needed.
License: Free to use as long as credit as creator is given to me. Mention in videos and stream. Provide links here instead of download link. Please contact me if you want to edit, we can discuss and maybe merge into the official mod.
Version: 0.1.1
Release: 2016-may-23
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.33
Category: Pollution
Download-Url: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84tZG ... sp=sharing
Youtube: (coming soon)
Twitter: @DarthunGamer
Note : 1 effluent = 0.9 pollution. 2x chemical plant cleaning water makes it carbon neutral. 3x reduces your pollution output by half. good luck storing all that effluent though ! ( possible balance change incoming)

darthun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Air Purifier 0.1.1

Post by darthun »

v0.1.2 patchnotes : added a readme file. Added missing locale for water-cleaning technology.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84tZG ... sp=sharing

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Interesting idea for a mod.
However I have a suggestion for you.

First of all bugs:
You forgot to increment the version number in your 0.1.2 making your mod not work without changes.

Next release management:
It would be cool if you link to your latest version in the topic first post, so its easier to find.
This will also help you to maintain a single version history inside a spoiler tag.
Update the topic tile according to your release version.

Next ingame:
It would be cool if you could rearrange the air-purifier after the chemical-plant in the recipe view (use the order tag for this)
Add an order-tag to your air-cleaning and effluent regeneration as well so they are grouped together and don't just sit it the middle of the oil-cracking.
Add an order-tag to your technology so that its positioned after the advanced oil processing.
Its a little bit strange that you will get 30 dirty water from 10 clean water. IMO it should be 1:1 (and water cleaning adjusted accordingly)

If you have changed that I'll can make a German (de) translation for your mod.

Some critics on this mod:
The air-purifier is quite expensive to build and quite cheap to run.
Maybe this could be balanced a bit better, but the "how" is up to you.
(I use wood / biomass in my mod for that)

Nice graphic changes to the chemical plant, far better than the usual "change/swap the color" editing.

der krieger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by der krieger »

how do you change the effluent to water, i don't see the option in the chemical plant

delenoru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by delenoru »

Could you change the name of you water cleaning technology to effluent cleaning? it is conflicting with dytech's water cleaning tech, and it makes air purifying unusable except to fill tanks with effluent

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

What do I do with all the clean water? Can I recycle them back to the lakes? (Air Purifier 0.1.2)

darthun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by darthun »

Hey

i realise it's been months, i haven't been notified.

1. The water cleaning technology is a technology found in the tech tree. it creates normal water, you can use it anywhere water is used. you can also store it. There is no way to return the water to the lake at the moment. you could deconstruct the tank and replace it.

2. I will not change the technology name for someone else mod if mine came out first. What i can do is change a prefix name or adjust a wrong name.

3. I'm sorry i've been so late, i didn't think people would actually use the mod. I will work on it again pretty soon.
The balance will be adjusted.

mod is made to be expensive because i dont want an easy fix to remove polution. it's inexpensive to run once you have the technology to clean the effluent, but it's not very powerful. So air purifying everything would be too expensive. It's a fine balance, i will play with it.

Return to “Mods”