Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[DISCONTINUED][MOD 0.15.x] Loop-X

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

Loop-X
  • Name: Loop-X
  • Version: 0.0.2 (Unreleased as of yet)
  • Factorio-Version: 0.15.x
  • Description: Late-game large cargo transport.
  • License: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
  • Release: 2017 (Soon™)
  • Download-Url: None yet. Still very early alpha. Will provide ASA available.
  • Dependencies: Angels and Bob's full suite.
  • Category: Cargo-Transport, Logistics
  • Tags: Large-scale cargo transport, endgame
  • Github: Github
Currently the mod is in the very early alpha stages. We're still looking to find GFX artists and are working on the code. We're planning to release this mod. Soon™.

The items are mostly in the game, I am currently working on the recipes and custom entities. The main code should be WIP Soon™ aswell.
If you guys have any ideas, suggestions, etc. let me know. Any piece of help towards lua is also very appreciated.

The feature list below is a list of features to be implented. (May or may not change as the mod progresses.)
Idea List
LARGE PICTURE WARNING!
Demographic
Version and Changelog
Current contributors:
Unbr34k4bl3: main Idea and planning.
ReinardKuroi (Kurokitsukami_ or something similar): Main Code and helping me with the planning phase.

Special thanks to:
Arch666angel for giving me permission to use and modify his icons.
The factorio discord as a whole for helping me getting into lua. :)
Last edited by Unbr34k4bl3 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Unbr34k4bl3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Loop-X | Large Scale Transport | 0.0.2

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

Sneak peeks at the current mod:
Image1
Just gotten into 3D rendering. Leave critisizm below.
19/06/2017

Been a couple days since the last update!
Here's another fresh render :)
Image2
Last edited by Unbr34k4bl3 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

So this is a replacement for trains and robots?

Commenting for interest
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Unbr34k4bl3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

diongham wrote:So this is a replacement for trains and robots?

Commenting for interest
Yes and no. This is more going to be an endgame replacement for trains rather than bots.

Small edit: At a higher cost total and in maintenance. But with higher output. Think of it as a multicore processor with multithreading. Instead of just a multicore processor. :)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Unbr34k4bl3 wrote:

Commenting for interest
Yes and no. This is more going to be an endgame replacement for trains rather than bots.

Small edit: At a higher cost total and in maintenance. But with higher output. Think of it as a multicore processor with multithreading. Instead of just a multicore processor. :)
Will it essentially "teleport" or will we place "rails" that just look different?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Unbr34k4bl3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

diongham wrote:
Unbr34k4bl3 wrote:

Commenting for interest

Will it essentially "teleport" or will we place "rails" that just look different?
To be completly honest. It'll just teleport the items essentially for a price. I still have to completly figure out how to "link" the stations I'm working on. :)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Oh okay, cool. I'm digging it.

Cheers.

Eyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eyl »

Love the Nb3Sn chain and inclusion of superconducting magnets. Well researched. Dont forget, superconducting magnets require alot of energy, and cooling as well, perhaps make one of the Angel Petrochem liquids, or Bob liquids (Liquid Lithium) as a resource requirement for creating them. I firmly believe there is not enough technicality in the game and costing is very minimal. There is a Undarl Fussion mod which has deuterium etc, but is missing the Nb3Sn chain for ingredients in the reactors themselves.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Eyl wrote:Love the Nb3Sn chain and inclusion of superconducting magnets. Well researched. Dont forget, superconducting magnets require alot of energy, and cooling as well, perhaps make one of the Angel Petrochem liquids, or Bob liquids (Liquid Lithium) as a resource requirement for creating them. I firmly believe there is not enough technicality in the game and costing is very minimal. There is a Undarl Fussion mod which has deuterium etc, but is missing the Nb3Sn chain for ingredients in the reactors themselves.
this mod is going to be so rad lol

Unbr34k4bl3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

Eyl wrote:Love the Nb3Sn chain and inclusion of superconducting magnets. Well researched. Dont forget, superconducting magnets require alot of energy, and cooling as well, perhaps make one of the Angel Petrochem liquids, or Bob liquids (Liquid Lithium) as a resource requirement for creating them. I firmly believe there is not enough technicality in the game and costing is very minimal. There is a Undarl Fussion mod which has deuterium etc, but is missing the Nb3Sn chain for ingredients in the reactors themselves.
Thank you very much. Worked on research a couple days :)

The chain concurrently is still a bit vague and the mod WILL take time. (Release ATM late 2017/early 2018) So yeah. Expect time to pass.. 3D modelling takes 80% of my time away.

Back to the mod: Helium will be used for cooling. Energy is still a question in the air. The complete crafting process is also still very vague and I'll probably need to make it QUITE complicated. That said, If you have suggestions/ideas that fit with the generall theme of this feel free to let me know :) As for the lithium part > Doesn't quite work, since IRL the process doesn't require lithium. (Correct me if needed :) )

/Sidenote: I've also been thinking of a bit more sophisticated energy production. With more uses for the superconductors. ;)
/2ND Sidenote: I'm going on vacation soon. So the mod won't be worked on for 3-4 weeks.

Anyways. I hope this clears some things up. If you have the spare time and want to help. I'm happy to open the mod to more people to make the mod construction quicker. :)
diongham wrote:this mod is going to be so rad lol
I hope so :P

Unbr34k4bl3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Unbr34k4bl3 »

Mod no longer under progress. Due to copyright limitations. Sorry. Thread can be closed.

Specific reasoning: Someone else already had the idea of better trains and item teleportation.

Sidenote: If a mod should see this aswell: Would be good to know how to delete mods from the mod-website. Thanks :)

Return to “Mods”