[MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] Factorio NEI 0.0.11

Post by _npo6ka_ »

nOObe wrote:dear _npo6ka_;

Is a reverse recipe lookup possible? It would be very handy for beginners trying many of the complex mods to find their way.
Use the right mouse button to show the reverse recipes.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

_npo6ka_ wrote:
Trainwreck wrote:Someone over in the sea block pack thread pointed out that FNEI causes multiplayer desyncs. I managed to reproduce a desync with the following procedure:

1. Player 1 starts a new multiplayer game
2. Player 1 presses ctrl+e to open FNEI gui
3. Player 1 clicks right arrow in the FNEI gui to scroll to page two of the recipe list
4. Player 2 joins game
5. Player 2 presses ctrl+e to open FNEI gui

The game then desyncs, player 2 rejoins and FNEI is open on page 2, even though player 2 never clicked the scroll arrow.

I had a brief skim through the FNEI source code, my guess is the fnei.rc.recipe_page variable needs to be stored per player.
Thank you for your report. I'll try to fix the problem in the next update.
As for players seeing what other looks up in fnei, it doesn't need even to be after desync, just let two players open fnei, and page will jump for other, when first navigates. i had feeling, that shared variables for navigation might be source of problem, but didn't check code yet, unlike @Trainwreck.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

mexmer wrote:
_npo6ka_ wrote:
Trainwreck wrote:Someone over in the sea block pack thread pointed out that FNEI causes multiplayer desyncs. I managed to reproduce a desync with the following procedure:

3. Player 1 clicks right arrow in the FNEI gui to scroll to page two of the recipe list
4. Player 2 joins game

The game then desyncs, player 2 rejoins and FNEI is open on page 2, even though player 2 never clicked the scroll arrow.

I had a brief skim through the FNEI source code, my guess is the fnei.rc.recipe_page variable needs to be stored per player.
As for players seeing what other looks up in fnei, it doesn't need even to be after desync, just let two players open fnei, and page will jump for other, when first navigates. i had feeling, that shared variables for navigation might be source of problem, but didn't check code yet, unlike @Trainwreck.
After updating to 0.0.13, this problem must be solved. Now each player has his own variables. I tested this bug a bit and the problem did not show itself.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

_npo6ka_ wrote:
mexmer wrote:
_npo6ka_ wrote:

4. Player 2 joins game

After updating to 0.0.13, this problem must be solved. Now each player has his own variables. I tested this bug a bit and the problem did not show itself.
thanks, i will check for update, and let you know, if problem is still present.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] Factorio NEI 0.0.13

Post by mexmer »

thanks, concurrent access issue in MP seem to be fixed.

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by maniak1349 »

Really nice and much needed mod. Thank you.
Suggestion: some sort of minimalistic mode that will show for a given item only icons of the recipes (and their names on mouseover), but all of them at once on the same page. That will allow player to see in just a single glance how he can get an item and what does he need it for.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Request: Exclude hidden/disabled recipes and tech or add an handler to do the same. The only hidden recipe that maybe needs to be shown is the rocket silo recipe.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Another feature request: Add an option (probably enabled by default) to hide barrelling/unbarrelling recipes. Yes in game terms they create/use the appropriate fluid, but when you are looking for how to create this/what is this used for, they are mainly unnecessary clutter.

Edit: Would also be nice to be able to hide fluid void recipes. But this is probably getting harder to reliably detect.
Last edited by Zavian on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Zavian wrote:Another feature request: Add an option (probably enabled by default) to hide barrelling/unbarrelling recipes. Yes in game terms they create/use the appropriate fluid, but when you are looking for how to create this/what is this used for, they are mainly unnecessary clutter.
seconded.

And how about a view of what can be made in this machine?

also, and i don't know how possible this is, but in playing sea block, there are machines that have no purpose. it would be great if these could be suppressed.

I should probably suggest this in sea block thread.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I can confirm bug too.
This mod causes desync first time it is used in MP and everytime new player joins it causes desync also.

FNEI_0.0.11.zip
Is it fixed in 13?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

cpy wrote:I can confirm bug too.
This mod causes desync first time it is used in MP and everytime new player joins it causes desync also.

FNEI_0.0.11.zip
Is it fixed in 13?
i use latest fnei and had not seen desync for a while, with previous version i did.
also latest version has fixed browsing of fnei by multiple players, now everyone can browse independently.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

maniak1349 wrote:Really nice and much needed mod. Thank you.
Suggestion: some sort of minimalistic mode that will show for a given item only icons of the recipes (and their names on mouseover), but all of them at once on the same page. That will allow player to see in just a single glance how he can get an item and what does he need it for.
Thanks for your feedback.
There are a number of problems that do not allow i to do this. The most important problem is performance, even after caching of found recipes, things and technologies, the game lags when viewing some recipes. Also, I have not yet been able to draw a picture in the tooltip.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Arch666Angel wrote:Request: Exclude hidden/disabled recipes and tech or add an handler to do the same. The only hidden recipe that maybe needs to be shown is the rocket silo recipe.
Initially, all the hidden recipes are not displayed in the interface of the FNEI, but there are settings that enable this feature.
P.S. Now the display of hidden recipes may not work correctly, but in the next versions I will try to eliminate these flaws.
P.S.S. It's also worth noting that some developers use hidden things in their mods and don't set the hidden flag to true...

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Zavian wrote:Another feature request: Add an option (probably enabled by default) to hide barrelling/unbarrelling recipes. Yes in game terms they create/use the appropriate fluid, but when you are looking for how to create this/what is this used for, they are mainly unnecessary clutter.

Edit: Would also be nice to be able to hide fluid void recipes. But this is probably getting harder to reliably detect.
Now there is an option in the options to disable recipes that are crafted in certain buildings, which will decrease the number of displayed recipes. I understand that the problem may be relevant for barrelling/unbarrelling, since these recipes can be crafted in assembling machines. I will ponder how to solve this problem, but so far there are not enough ideas ...

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

nOObe wrote:
seconded.

And how about a view of what can be made in this machine?

also, and i don't know how possible this is, but in playing sea block, there are machines that have no purpose. it would be great if these could be suppressed.

I should probably suggest this in sea block thread.
This feature is already in the game settings :?

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

cpy wrote:I can confirm bug too.

FNEI_0.0.11.zip
Is it fixed in 13?
This issue has been fixed in version 0.0.13.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

I think the recipe gui should show a list of possible unlock technologies, rather than just a single technology. An example of why this is necessary occurs in the base game when unlocking the roboport recipe. There are two possible technologies that unlock roboports, Logistics Robotics and Construction Robotics. When displaying the roboport recipe, FNEI currently only shows Logistic Robotics as the unlock technology.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Trainwreck wrote:I think the recipe gui should show a list of possible unlock technologies, rather than just a single technology. An example of why this is necessary occurs in the base game when unlocking the roboport recipe. There are two possible technologies that unlock roboports, Logistics Robotics and Construction Robotics. When displaying the roboport recipe, FNEI currently only shows Logistic Robotics as the unlock technology.
Oh... This is a bug. I will try to fix it in future versions.

Mikk36
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mikk36 »

Would be nice if the search used item names for lookup. Right now it seems as if you can't find some of the items, if the mods have changed their names.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Mikk36 wrote:Would be nice if the search used item names for lookup. Right now it seems as if you can't find some of the items, if the mods have changed their names.
I'll add the search name in future versions.
Unfortunately now very little time to develop the mod. It would be nice if someone else joined the development of this mod.

Return to “Mods”