Masotorio. [0.17.45 (anything higher at your own risk)]

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
Kuchikucha
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Masotorio. [0.17.45+]

Post by Kuchikucha »

OK thanks Sopel, I'll check again cause as I didn't find any recipe in the FNEI to do it by Hand.
Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 19.44.43.png
Capture d’écran 2019-06-17 à 19.44.43.png (167.62 KiB) Viewed 9869 times
I'll check again though

Apparently a know bug with June 11th release of PYCaoltbaa
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967&p=435828&hi ... +1#p435828

Kuchikucha
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Masotorio. [0.17.45+]

Post by Kuchikucha »

Ok i fixed my problem with the PCB1 plates...

But I have another : the map does not generate resources nor enemies outside the starting zone : Any clue for that ?

Thanks

SirMoosen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Masotorio. [0.17.45 (anything higher at your own risk)]

Post by SirMoosen »

Can't select 0.17.4x betas anymore in steam. Anyone have a fix for this? I was still early game and now I can't make printed circuit substrate 1 anymore since the hand recipe is no longer in there for whatever reason when I updated the game and the mods. Not very good at dealing with mods sorry, just good at persevering through complex modpacks

edit: I now see that PyCoalTBaA is currently being reworked and that's what the issue is.

Kuchikucha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kuchikucha »

Hi SirMoosen,

Didn't see your message. Yes PyCoalTBAA is being reworked.

If you want to play this mudpack before, you'll need earlier versions of some of the mods, mais modify one of them. I did it once when I started the modpack but won't do it again :p

Still I think I'm down a soft lock of the mods.
I need Science pack 12 to get Chemical Science Packs, which needs Circuits 2, which needs Diodes, which needs Rare Earth, Which needs rare earth extractor, which needs lasers turrets, which needs laser research.... which needs Science Pack 12...

Did you guys (@Sopel) went up to that point ? Did I miss something to bypass that soft lock ?

PiBar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PiBar »

Hi Sopel, thank you for this challenging modpack! After more than 100 hours, I’m still enjoying it very much.
I also encountered the dependency loop Kuchikucha mentioned in the previous post, which I solved by cheating in 1 laser turret to build the rare earth extractor. I now have chemical science packs and science pack 11 and below automated.

However, I’m now facing another dependency loop: Most following science packs require science pack 12, which requires paramagnetic material. Here is the more detailed dependence tree:
Science 12 (robots) <- Construction robot <- Construction robot brain MK1 <- Paramagnetic material <- requires Nanotechnology research <- production science pack

Production science pack <- Express Science Accumulation chip <- Science 12,15,17
Production science pack <- Computation Unit <- Logistic robot brain MK1<- paramagnetic material

Science 15 <- Science 12
Science 17 <- Science 12
I think the all these dependencies can be fixed by making paramagnetic material available before the nanotechnology research, or by removing production science packs from the nanotechnology research requirements.

Any advice? Are you still making modifications to this mudpack?

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Hello all,

I've recently decided I'm done with AB+ runs for a while, but am waiting for the full PY-suite before I do another Pyanodon's run. This pack looks like a good option for the meantime.

The trick is that Steam won't let me choose a version older than 0.17.57 without going back to 0.16 stable. Do I need to manually install, or is there a way to find the older version on Steam? Or perhaps it's possible to play this pack with a newer version of Factorio?

Thanks for your help in getting into this pack!

PiBar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PiBar »

Hi Eformo,
I installed version 0.17.45 manually. Everything else I tried was causing problems.

Eysenleber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eysenleber »

Hey - where did you find a 17.45 version - i haveb een looking on the website and steam but no way to get this old of a version somewhere =(

dragon011
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dragon011 »

Same here we can not more download the Version 0.17.45 and when start the mod pack not more work

perecnicek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by perecnicek »

Anybody solved the problem with getting the version 0.17.45 ?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

0.17.45 is no longer available. If you do not have that saved somewhere (I don't) I recommend downloading the newest versions of all the mods listed and then add the modpack specific files.

If that doesn't work, then you can try to figure it out the errors yourself, or you can wait until Sopel updates the modpack.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

DaleStan wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:44 pm
0.17.45 is no longer available. If you do not have that saved somewhere (I don't) I recommend downloading the newest versions of all the mods listed and then add the modpack specific files.

If that doesn't work, then you can try to figure it out the errors yourself, or you can wait until Sopel updates the modpack.
I actually tried exactly that yesterday. Currently, some of the mods throw errors when trying to load them together. So far I boiled it down to MadClown01's AngelBob Nuclear Extension being incompatible with pyMods + PyCoalTBaA. Without the AngelBob Nuclear Extension the modpack seems to load up correctly on 0.17.78, and all mods up to date.

To be more clear: I did not try to load all the little optional parts of the modpack, especially the ones I am not keen on using. But I don't think they will pose a compatibility problem anyways.

I also reported the problem to pyCoalTBaA, because I believe this is where the error should be take care of. Let's see if something happens:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... 000c0b3f99

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Since the last post there was an update for MadClown01's Angel Bob Nuclear Extension. Now there should be no more incompatibilities at the stage of loading the modpack. However, I have not actually tried to play. It could still be impossible because of balance or circular recipe & technology dependencies. If anyone tries, please share your experiences.

Lylac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lylac »

greetings. I have come bearing good news.

I have managed to fix ModPackFixes and got the game to load all the way in v0.17.79. Though with the theoretical problems mentioned in this thread, those were not relevant when I discovered the two main problems:

file: data-final-fixes.lua

1. table.filter. whoever set and wherever table is introduced, dot filter is borked and/or is missing entirely and has been since .46 i assume. This was used to search for specific bits of strings to turn off recipes or set things to a certain ammount.

2. recipe.category. sometimes recipes didn't have a category and factorio did not like that all that much. this was also used for the same purpose as above.

Anyways, here's a dl link. I won't be fixing mod conflicts if those ever come up; thats up to the mod authors themselves.

Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sopel »

Sorry, I'll not be touching this until final stable 0.17 is released as it seems past versions disappear very quickly (which in my opinion totally kills the mod scene but whatever. In minecraft I can still play versions from years ago and it was always understood, for any game, that modpacks are hard to update) and almost any update to any mod introduces problems that are not easy to fix. Also I see the devs have changed how some scripting stuff works. Py mods become increasingly incompatibile with everything else and especially momo's (I'm actually debating whether I want to support py mods, I started to dislike them the more I played, some stuff in them feels like "There will be a way to do it without using 1000 buildings but after I release this huge new part that will be incompatibile with any other mods that I also have no ETA for". So you end up with only one way to make something needed everywhere. Zipirs and that stuff you use for paramagnetic material is just stupid. Higher tier buildings only with PYRO (which has problems in itself). Alternative recipes with bigger gains are unbalanced and require to much work for too little improvement). I don't even have time to play lately, let alone fix and test everything every few weeks.

Thank you @Lylac for sharing your fixes.

ezama17
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ezama17 »

Hi,

I'm stuck right at the beginning of the game : I try to make automation research packs to start my research but to make these I need fawogae substrate which need coke. However, to craft coke I need the coal processing research which need automation research pack.

Is there a way to craft fawogae substrate or coke without the research ?

Thank you.

Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sopel »

There should be a recipe in High Distillation Tower to make coke from coal/wood

paladinoum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by paladinoum »

hello

sorry for me enghlish im french ;)

there is a problem with potion 12, the problem is explained a little higher in the chat Post by PiBar .

thanks for your mod pack :)

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Finally got stable 0.17.79 to work

BIG MODS

AAI Mods

AAI-CraftTab_1.0.2.zip
aai-industry_0.3.23.zip
aai-signal-transmission_0.1.8.zip
aai-signals_0.4.2.zip
aai-zones_0.4.3.zip

Angels Mods

angelsbioprocessing_0.6.2.zip
angelsindustries_0.2.0.zip
angelspetrochem_0.8.6.zip
angelsrefining_0.10.14.zip
angelssmelting_0.5.7.zip

Harder Angels:

angels-smelting-extended_0.17.5.zip
angelsextended-remelting_0.17.10.zip
only-smelting_0.2.2.zip
PCPRedux_0.0.31.zip
extendedangels_0.2.3.zip

Bob' Mods

bobassembly_0.17.7.zip
bobelectronics_0.17.7.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.17.1.zip
bobinserters_0.17.10.zip
boblibrary_0.17.5.zip
boblogistics_0.17.17.zip
bobmining_0.17.6.zip
bobmodules_0.17.4.zip
bobores_0.17.5.zip
bobplates_0.17.13.zip
bobpower_0.17.10.zip
bobtech_0.17.6.zip
bobwarefare

Clown' Mods

Clowns-AngelBob-Nuclear_1.1.10.zip
Clowns-Extended-Minerals_1.1.7.zip
Clowns-Locale_1.1.2.zip
Clowns-Nuclear_1.3.6.zip
Clowns-Processing_1.3.6.zip

Py Mods

pycoalprocessing_1.5.5.zip
PyCoalTBaA_0.9.8.zip
pyfusionenergy_1.5.5.zip
pyhightech_1.4.4.zip
pyindustry_1.3.8.zip
pypetroleumhandling_1.5.9.zip
pyrawores_1.9.1.zip
pyveganism_0.0.19.zip

Misc Big Mods

Bio_Industries_0.17.37.zip
MomoTweak_0.17.31.zip
MoreSciencePacks_0.1.12.zip (MSP)
SpaceMod_0.4.4.zip

Raise hell mods

BlackMap_0.0.3.zip
Robot Attrition
Maintenance Madness
Overloaded Trains

QoL

Tapeline_0.6.1.zip
Todo-List_17.3.0.zip
RecExplo_0.17.05.zip
FNEI_0.2.7.zip
Helmod
ToggleMapEditor_1.0.0.zip
rso-mod_5.0.24.zip
SchallMapTag_0.17.1.zip
SchallRadarAlignment_0.17.5.zip
LightedPolesPlus_1.4.4.zip
MoreAchievements_0.5.1.zip
EnableResearchQueue_1.0.0.zip
Enhanced_Map_Colors_1.5.0.zip
textplates_0.4.6.zip
ChunkyChunks_1.0.6.zip
Big_Brother_0.5.1.zip + bobs plugin (Has a problem you have like 100 radars)
clockwork
ReStack
Water well

Circuit Network

more_circuit_symbols_1.2.0.zip
nixie-tubes_0.17.12.zip
recursive-blueprints_0.17.10.zip
remote-switch_2.0.1.zip
SmoothWarnings_1.0.2.zip
WireShortcuts_0.3.174.zip
visual-signals_0.17.0.zip
TimeTools_1.0.37.zip
expanded color lamps
short wave
signal stings
stringy train stops

Logistics Mods

construction tower
fill4me
CopyAssemblerPipeDirection_0.1.2.zip
HandyHands_1.7.14.zip
Actual_Craft_Time_0.4.5.zip
even-distribution_0.3.13.zip
miniloader
Bottleneck_0.10.4.zip
ModuleInserter_4.1.9.zip
AutomaticLogisticChest_0.7132.29867.zip
AutoTrash_4.2.0.zip
WideChests_2.2.2.zip

Deadlock Mods

Deadlock-AAII-bridge_0.1.6.zip
deadlock-beltboxes-loaders_2.2.3.zip
deadlock-integrations_2.0.12.zip
deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs_0.7.6.zip
DeadlocksStackingForPyanadon_0.1.14.zip

Picker QoL Mods

PickerAtheneum_1.1.3.zip
PickerBeltTools_1.1.5.zip
PickerBlueprinter_1.0.6.zip
PickerDollies_1.0.3.zip
PickerEquipmentKeys_1.0.3.zip
PickerExtended_4.0.10.zip
PickerInventoryTools_1.0.4.zip
PickerPipeTools_1.0.3.zip
PickerTweaks_2.1.0.zip
PickerVehicles_1.0.4.zip

VEHICLES

Air
AircraftRealism_0.4.1.zip
Aircraft_1.6.12.zip
betterCargoPlanes_1.0.8.zip
Helicopters_0.3.14.zip

Land

LJD_Vehicles_A16_0.17.0.zip
hovercrafts
asphalt road

QoL

VehicleSnap_1.17.3.zip
vehicle_physics_0.17.3.zip

Rail

beautiful_bridge_railway_0.17.4.zip
beautiful_bridge_railway_bob_fix_updated_0.1.5.zip

QoL - Rails

Automatic_Train_Painter_0.3.2.zip
FuelTrainStop_0.17.8.zip
LogisticTrainNetwork_1.11.9.zip
LTN_Combinator_0.5.5.zip
LTN_Content_Reader_0.2.6.zip
LTN_Tracker_0.10.9.zip
railloader_0.6.5.zip
FARL_3.1.16.zip
electric trains
shuttle trains
fat controller

Yuoki Mods

yi_railway_0.7.23.zip
Yi_Tech_Tree_0.17.0.zip
Yuoki_0.7.85.zip
z_yira_UP_0.7.11.zip
z_yira_american
z_yira_yuokirails_0.7.16.zip

Sea

cargo-ships_0.0.50.zip
CanalBuilder_0.17.6.zip
platforms
redacted
Could be a few others I am missing windows keeps removing some.* updated the list

urgha my system hardcore glitched can't confirm the above works, all my mods were replaced by random version numbers some how. WIll update.

what some how the facotrio exe was deleted
NOTE: omni does not work throws a repair pack subgroup error

EDIT: all is above working now and is accurate to the best of my knowledge I lost the edit when this site hiccuped on me.

Will update with how it plays

NOTE: rail power system throws a lot of errors if installed

NOTE: QoL Research destroys the tech tree makes it impossible to play

NOTE: one of these robot attrition, Miniloaders. overloaded trains seriously slows down boot/save times.

NOTE: maintenance madness isn't perfectly stable you may need the SP patch

NOTE: pyanadon science packs wont work with clown science so dont use it

jyf15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jyf15 »

During the past week I started to figure out a compilation of mods that offers maximal realism. This work is based on Factorio 0.17.79. I would stay my taste for this approach developed before and beyond this round of play of Factorio. During Feb~Mar 2018 I did a similar survey on all Minecraft mods, and have preferences in environmental, geological and real progressive industrial perspectives. I tried to load 200+ mods back then, got minimal FPS and tons of crashes, but some ideas really stood out. I won't say that I'm making things masochist; just in pursuit of more factors that have to be taken in consideration, i.e. factors that are "real". Must say that Factorio gets the upper hand because it offers a framework that gets rid of a 3*3 craft table and updates the whole map every tick. There's a game called ECO which also stimulates the whole planet, updates everything every tick, and is multiplayer-based. ECO focusing on "real work time", ecology, governmental economy and adopts first-person view, so that my computer has very low FPS and I cannot play it. It runs 24h as MP game and work takes real hours, and feels tedious to me. I would say Factorio is more suitable a framework to simulate and combine much ideas embodied in these two games. I just did and am still doing a thorough examination of Portal's mods and propose less popular mods in praise of their importance and great work towards a more "real" experience. Meanwhile I'm watching out for previous discussions on similar topics in the Forum. I'm still doing doing this work and will update later in this post, below are partial and incomplete lists and descriptions.

My main focus is MP game. Thanks to all the modders, and inspirations from discussions in this topic and elsewhere. I do all the researches below and come up with my perspectives myself though, with hundreds of keyword searches done on the Portal. Also, this is based on 0.17.79, and some less known mods here haven't been updated to 0.18. I don't want to let them go though, and I may contact with the modders to facilitate updates. Finally, the less known or say not mainstream mods have some designs that make things very difficult (e.g. Food Industries still require automation research bottle to initiate the first tech research, "composting", while Amator Phasma's Coal and Steam makes automation research bottle hours away; Food Industries require distilled water so that drinking water production can be done, or you'll need to run further in to the wild to find pure water resource, but that is still further away; but maybe this awkward situation is desirable due to its close mimic to a real world scenario and I can argue so. But it'd be strange that the wreck doesn't have some plastic (films) in it, and you know with plastic film and a can, you can distill water easily everywhere, so at least some basic pure water production for survival should be deviced). These mods ambitious yet not among the most downloaded ones haven't had their remote parts fit together very well, which I hope we players and modders who love to explore the frontiers of gaming will try to improve and make more cohesive.

One good question already discussed is: how much do we want to simulate the more "primitive" technologies, since the gamer is someone crashed from a spaceship?

Here are also Xander's mod on "primitive" things but haven't checked out
I've also heard about Primitive Age. My researches are confined to 0.17 mods but I think there were some discontinued mods doing primitive things. I heard about Stone Age, maybe part of these.

(My basis of "world view"
1. Space Exploration
2. Nauvis Day + Global Warming (Nauvis Day by Reika has code errors now and is incompatible with Angel's PetroChem. I adopt several other mods by Reika; Reika does several separate good mods)
3. Food Industries 2.0 (this is not receiving updates due to modder's lack of time)
4. Other mods that complicate processing and tech trees, especially ones that mainly focus on "pre-game" parts, e.g. Amator Phasma's Coal and Steam)

Incomplete list of mods

The "big" ones
- Space Exploration as the basis of this world view. This will stay true before Wube releases Factorio 1.x (where they may add space contents). Other "big" ones must be compatible to this series to be adopted by me.
- Bob's, Angel's, Py, AAI, Amator Phasma's, MadClown01's, which complicates resources and overall processing; Bio Industries as well
Amator Phasma's Coal and Steam is a must. It extends the "pre-game" part, on which topic I'll do more research
Reference: "Future idea - Pre Industrial Realism." at viewtopic.php?f=33&t=70915&p=430764
Units
In the air, you have Aircraft and Aircraft Realism. In water, you have the definitive Cargo Ships, and CanalBuilder accompanying it (which seems to be the only realistic and non-"cheating" mod that works with new water tiles)

Small tweaks
Rocket Silo Construction;
On enemies: Bob's, Rampant, ...
Rubber Belts by Reika

Resources
Reika's GeoThermal

Environment
Of course, Air Filtering Advanced. Also Weather Station. Yet:
- Nauvis Day, for its emphasis on pollution and its consequences on trees;
- Global Warming, for its calculation on the impact that pollution does to sea level and deforestation (and addition of desert area)

Nature simulation
Must say that haven't found the ideal ones I want? -
- Fish and Wildlife, for its work on good natural update (trees, fish, pollution, soil) which adds an array of features. Yet broken on server as of now
? Noxys Tress. Will test.
(the Tree Growth series by Graveeater: consumes too much CPU usage, won't use)

"Defects"
There are some mods that make some percentage of metal products defective and I'd like to add them soon. Like Dirty Mining (?)

Food and food-related survival system
- Food Industry 2 (beta). This is a greatly done mod, but at 0.17, which simulates the Minecraft experience. The modder is away for a few months.
In this mod you'll need to eat and drink all the time. Pure water are like oil patches, but you need to run there to refill your bottles. Also, water run out after hundreds/thousands of drinks, and you need to use the distillery to produce pure water later on. This is heavily complicated by Amator Phasma's designs for early game, but in an interesting way. Here's really the "survival" element: if you don't play well, you'll die because of lack of food/water/patience very soon.
-

Widgets: General
FNEI: recipes.
Clock by Bob.
Enhanced Map Colors.
Squeak Through.

Widgets: Specific, related to my taste (to be added)
- To play with environment in mind, it's a must to have Pollution Control
- EvoGUI for biters' evolution

My suggestions on how to develop these mods
Well, what I say in this post is just my personal wishes. More to be added here.
1. I would like to have Food Industries balanced. There needs to be a way to get pure water to drink.
2. I'm waiting for a 0.17 release of Nauvis Day which doesn't crash when I have Angel's mods.

Reference discussions:
"Future idea - Pre Industrial Realism." at viewtopic.php?f=33&t=70915&p=430764
"We need farm mods!" at viewtopic.php?f=33&t=60436&p=363080 (just idea, from 2018, by thereaverofdarkness)

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”