Negative Root's Mod Pack

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Negative Root's Mod Pack

Post by -root »

People keep asking what I play with. Now you can play with the same!

This collection are additions that I believe improve and compliment the stock game without introducing anything that is overpowered or unsuited within it. The goal is to enhance the stock game with this mod pack, not change it into another game entirely :D

Click Here to Download the Mod Pack!

Current Mods:
- Blueprint String
- Expanded Tools
- RSO (1.0.3)
- Rail Tanker
- Oil Barrel
- FARL

I'll be keeping the pack up to date best I can. As I find more mods that fit the above criteria, I'll be adding them in.

Have fun.
Last edited by -root on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Negative Root's Mod Pack

Post by orzelek »

Question - why you are keeping the very old RSO?

saladin1980
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by saladin1980 »

Using the older RSO is actually made by original writer.

Also the older ones we like how it works more so than the newer one.

It is harder to explain but we use it as we like it more than most of the new version of it.
Factorio Engineers - Where we strive to help and assist in designs and basic understanding of the game, and on occasion have FUN.
Click here to see saladin1980's stream.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I see saladin's response a lot, and it leads me to believe that a lot of the people who keep 1.0.3 are keeping it because other people use it and say that the resource spawning is better. I haven't really seen anyone detail exactly what it is about the new versions that they don't like.

On topic: Have you looked at smart trains -root? Choumiko is doing some really nice stuff with it for bulk trains, which is what I would assume people who are using RSO are interested in.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Vin wrote:I see saladin's response a lot, and it leads me to believe that a lot of the people who keep 1.0.3 are keeping it because other people use it and say that the resource spawning is better.
One answer is simple. Keep the configuration your current world is using.

And I was going to say the same, smart trains. Been loving every moment of them!
I wont be playing factorio without smart trains, thats for sure. The leave on full/empty feature adds tons new ways to make your trains efficient.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Eumenides
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eumenides »

I noticed in one of your videoes that your rail wagons had slots reserved for specific items.
Example: Wagon has 30 slots, 15 are reserved for straight rails, 5 for curved, 5 for big poles, 3 for rail signals and last 2 for rail change signals.

I have tryed to find out how to do that in the game and I have tryed checking your list of mods to see if any of those has this feature implemented.
Please let me know how to get this feature

Bimme/Eumenides

P.S. If it isn't a mod or game included feature, then I would LOVE if someone could make it. (maybe it was just that you had placed a single straight rail in 15 slots and 5 curved rails in 5 slots and so on.
For making new outposts, having a pre-defined wagon-load would be very helpfull
Last edited by Eumenides on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Eumenides wrote:I noticed in one of your videoes that your rail wagons had slots reserved for specific items.
Example: Wagon has 30 slots, 15 are reserved for straigth rails, 5 for curved, 5 for big poles, 3 for rail signals and last 2 for rail change signals.

I have tryed to find out how to do that in the game and I have tryed checking your list of mods to see if any of those has this feature implemented.
Please let me know how to get this feature

Bimme/Eumenides
Click with middle mouse button on a slot in wagon to set a filter. To remove one use ctrl + middle click. This is a base game functionality for wagons.

Eumenides
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eumenides »

CHRIST that was a fast reply
Thanks a lot Orzelek, will try it right away

Anomoly2012
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anomoly2012 »

Any clue why i cant seem to get a desent resource spawn with RSO? i end up with say 8 or more oil spots closer than i want to my starting area... or bits and pices of a resource rather than a patch.. I have tried of RSO versions but there just to damn many piles to damn close... i just had a map that had 3 rather large size coal spots rather close... BTW i use Inital map scan....should i tweak inital map settings? dont bother with changing code... thats not anything i trust myself to do as it is not something i fully understand... I know logisitics...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Anomoly2012 wrote:Any clue why i cant seem to get a desent resource spawn with RSO? i end up with say 8 or more oil spots closer than i want to my starting area... or bits and pices of a resource rather than a patch.. I have tried of RSO versions but there just to damn many piles to damn close... i just had a map that had 3 rather large size coal spots rather close... BTW i use Inital map scan....should i tweak inital map settings? dont bother with changing code... thats not anything i trust myself to do as it is not something i fully understand... I know logisitics...
This modpack has old RSO version. It doesn't use anything from initial map settings.

artillerydude

Post by artillerydude »

It looks like the dropbox link is no longer valid; could you update when you have a chance?

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

all those mods are hosted on these forums If you like them just download them individually

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”