[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Hratt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.22] Sea Block Pack 0.0.5

Post by Hratt »

blues wrote: How do you get sliver ore?
In order to get Resin, you need Green Metal Catalyst for Formaldehyde. And you need Aluminum ore and Sliver ore to get Green Metal Catalyst.
But I cannot find how to produce Sliver ore.
I think the only method at first is Crotinnium chunks. Same deal with Rubyte chunks for Gold until you get enough blue science to allow combination sorting of higher ores.

It's a bit painful since you only get 1/6 silver (1/7 gold with the uranium ore) for each chunk.

Disferente
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.22+] Sea Block Pack 0.0.6

Post by Disferente »

Any plans for a 0.15 version of Sea Block?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Disferente wrote:Any plans for a 0.15 version of Sea Block?
Yes, there will be a 0.15 version of the pack. All of the mods I want to include have already updated to 0.15, but a couple (SpaceMod and ScienceCostTweaker) are still early releases and lack bob's mod integration. So the plan is to wait until those two have stabilized with their final feature set. Might release a beta version if I get impatient.

Capmjk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Capmjk »

Is there a way i am missing to get lubricant? Because without it, i cannot build express belts and without them i cannot get logistics research. Maybe i missed something?

Gully
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gully »

Hi Trainwreck,

thanks for the cool mod. Unfortunately, the last update of Angel's Mods broke something. Here's screenshots of the error message and my mod folder:
capture_003_22052017_225435.jpg
capture_003_22052017_225435.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 14943 times
capture_002_22052017_225339.jpg
capture_002_22052017_225339.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 14943 times

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Capmjk wrote:Is there a way i am missing to get lubricant? Because without it, i cannot build express belts and without them i cannot get logistics research. Maybe i missed something?
Lubricant requires base mineral oil and residual gas. Base mineral oil can be produced in an advanced chemical plant from coal (Bergius process). Residual gas is a byproduct of a few reactions, I usually start with methanol -> propene synthesis for plastic, which has residual gas as a byproduct.
Gully wrote:Hi Trainwreck,

thanks for the cool mod. Unfortunately, the last update of Angel's Mods broke something. Here's screenshots of the error message and my mod folder:
Version 0.1.2 of SeaBlock fixes this issue.

Capmjk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Capmjk »

Thank you very much. Obviously i am missing some research for Bergius process yet. Thought i had everything i needed to proceed. :D

Xalomonos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xalomonos »

Hey, can you up a Modpack, included the lastest versions of the mods for 0.15xx

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Okay, here's what I've got so far: SeaBlockPack_0.1.0.zip
This is a beta quality release. It hasn't received much testing and future releases may require changes to your production layout. Specifically science pack production,
ScienceCostTweaker will probably be included. Although I recently discovered pY Coal Processing, which also claims to change science pack recipes. So I'll give that a try once a 0.15 version is released to see how well it plays with the rest of the pack.

Update 2017-6-12: SeaBlockPack_0.1.1.zip
ScienceCostTweaker is now included. Updated the rest of the mods to latest versions.
Last edited by Trainwreck on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

I've updated the above post with the latest beta version of the pack for 0.15.
And since I'm bumping my own thread, here are some hints for people struggling with early power generation.
Power production spoilers

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Time for another update: SeaBlockPack_0.1.2.zip
Update: Check first post for latest version

This should be pretty close to a stable release (Well, as stable as you can get for the experimental branch of an alpha game with a bunch of constantly changing mods :) ). I don't plan to add any additional mods to the pack for 0.15, at least. One thing that may change are the recipes for the endgame spacemod components. SpaceMod doesn't currently have any Bob's mod support, so I've added a patch to SeaBlock to tweak the recipes. I plan to remove this patch after a version of SpaceMod with official Bob's mod support is released. But for now the tweaked recipes add a dependency on some advanced bobwarfare components, which need Angel's alien bioprocessing, and I didn't want players to skip those production chains.

Changes since the previous release:
  • Electric Furnaces mod has been removed. I added this for the electric boiler, and Angel's petrochem now includes its own electric boiler.
  • Unofficial SpaceMod Bob's recipe updates. Mostly just reimplemented the recipe changes as they were in 0.14.
  • Updated to latest version of all mods. Angel's smelting now overrides bob's recipes for some advanced alloys, requiring use of angels smelting machines to create those alloys.
  • EDIT: A Sea Block Config version 0.1.2 decreases the length of underground belts to follow the base factorio +2 tiles per level sequence, rather than boblogistics +5 tiles per level. So check your underground belts to make sure they still connect if you're upgrading an existing factory.

davidjs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.3

Post by davidjs »

I dont get how i can make basic circuit required for the first lab?

basic circuit board requires wooden board which requires "wood" which requires cellulose paste.

I can either make Cellulose paste from sodium hydroxide, i cant find the recipe for that.
Or i can make Cellulose paste from chlor methane gas wich i dont seem to have research for either.

Seems like i need research to build my first lab :S

EDIT: I didn't notice there was two "Wooden Board"'s

ratti
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.4

Post by ratti »

Wow, i really like your Pack :) I never really used Bob&Angels so it was really fun to figure out all the recipes. What REALLY helped me though was the NEI mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/npo6ka/FNEI). It works just like the mod in Minecraft if you happen to know it.

You definitely should check it out and consider to add it to your pack. It makes figuring out how to make specific things much easier and comfortable.

Thanks again for the modpack!

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.4

Post by Trainwreck »

ratti wrote:Wow, i really like your Pack :) I never really used Bob&Angels so it was really fun to figure out all the recipes. What REALLY helped me though was the NEI mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/npo6ka/FNEI). It works just like the mod in Minecraft if you happen to know it.

You definitely should check it out and consider to add it to your pack. It makes figuring out how to make specific things much easier and comfortable.

Thanks again for the modpack!
Glad you're enjoying it. I have generally tried to avoid adding quality of life type mods to the pack. Everyone has their own favourites, and they're easy enough to add through the in game mod browser so I don't see any reason to bundle extra mods that players may not even want. But in this case FNEI looks useful enough to make an exception. I remember trying to find how to make lithium perchlorate the first time I played Bobs/Angels, couldn't find it anywhere. Had to grep through Bob's mod source code to find the recipe (Answer: It's called "Lithium chloride Electrolysis"). So I'm going to assume that a better way of searching recipes will be useful to most people, FNEI has been added to the pack.

I've seen a few other people also posting in various places that this pack is their first time playing Bobs/Angels. If you're reading this then be advised: I've tried to make this a challenging pack. You're jumping in at the deep end. Which is fine, I'm not sure Bobs/Angels has a shallow end with a gradual introduction. So, have fun.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.5

Post by jodokus31 »

At first, very nice mod pack. I've played bobs and angels before, but this mod is really tickling some new experiences out of it. :)
f.e. the struggling to stabilize power is a great challenge

I have one question. I really like the circuit network and already researched it. But i need rubber or resin to craft the wires. Is there simpler way to create them other than going for naphta or liquid resin? I hoped, there was a unefficient possibility to create resin from algae somehow.

Thanks

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

Factorio NEI mod is not multiplayer stable, it causes desyncs and crashes and this has not been fixed in a long time :(

Recommend switching to "what-is-it-really-used-for" https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Coppermi ... y-used-for or some other alternative.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

jodokus31 wrote: I have one question. I really like the circuit network and already researched it. But i need rubber or resin to craft the wires. Is there simpler way to create them other than going for naphta or liquid resin? I hoped, there was a unefficient possibility to create resin from algae somehow.
There was some discussion of this on the previous page. The simplest way to make rubber is via liquid resin -> resin -> rubber. I guess changing the circuit wire recipe back to the base game recipe (copper wire + circuit) would help. Might do that in a future version, but no promises.
MewMew wrote:Factorio NEI mod is not multiplayer stable, it causes desyncs and crashes and this has not been fixed in a long time :(

Recommend switching to "what-is-it-really-used-for" https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Coppermi ... y-used-for or some other alternative.
I've just posted a desync repo case over in the Factorio NEI thread, so let's give the author a chance to fix some bugs. I never really got the hang of the what-is-it-really-used-for three column layout.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Just started out, almost got my 4 starting metals (fe/cu/sn/pb) fully automated. Wow the start is slow! It took me a while to get my bearings and even get started on the basics, a guide would really help. A few other things I learned on the way:

- Metallurgy is great. Spend the 250+ red science for all the parts and set it up right away. It will increase smelting yield from 75% -> 100%. That's 1/3 more! The production chain is delightfully simple for such a solid bonus. One chain can easily switch between and handle the entire metal supply on starting solar.
- Rush solar panels. The 250 red/green is steep (like farm resources overnight) but everything you can do is energy limited. The only way to grow is with solar.
- Mettalurgy 2 is even more great. The default 75% yield gets boosted to 150%! That's twice as good as plain smelting! It's worth a couple 50R/G researches. The production chain isn't too difficult to set up, but each metal gets some unique twists to the recipe so it's not so easy to hot swap.
- Don't. Use. Steam. The starting chain for algae -> fuel processing nets around a 75% energy LOSS. Every MJ is precious in the early game. Don't waste them!

I'm just scratching the surface with algae into oil processing. The learning curve is a bit daunting! There's at least a dozen new gases thrown in your face and there's no way to know what's important or tertiary for the next step. I was hoping to set up some circuit networks to help out, but circuit stuff needs resin and resin is a pretty steep climb. The only help is with basic valves for now.

There appears to be an oversight with metallurgy. Seablock's default steel smelting is 2 iron per steel, but the metallurgy recipe assumes the starting point is 5 iron per steel. As a result it's weaker than plain smelting at all stages.

konstantinua00
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by konstantinua00 »

It seems that FNEI doesn't show silicon ore in search list (might be because it has the same texture as crotinnium ore)

Can anyone confirm that I'm not the only one with this problem?

Can anyone tell me why crotinnium and silicon ores use same texture?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

konstantinua00 wrote:It seems that FNEI doesn't show silicon ore in search list (might be because it has the same texture as crotinnium ore)

Can anyone confirm that I'm not the only one with this problem?

Can anyone tell me why crotinnium and silicon ores use same texture?
Sometimes the factorio built in recipe search (magnifying glass in top right corner of the crafting/inventory window) gives better results than FNEI. Mods like FNEI don't have access to the localized/displayed item name, they have to use the internal name. Searching for silicon in the crafting window should give results from the recipes you've already researched. To find silicon ore in FNEI try searching for quartz, that's the internal name for silicon ore.

Return to “Mods”