[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
konstantinua00
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.5

Post by konstantinua00 »

To find silicon ore in FNEI try searching for quartz, that's the internal name for silicon ore.
Can confirm, search for quartz shows the silicon ore

Can you recommend any mod that would change displayed names to internal ones?

Edit: It seems like inserters can't insert coal filters into filter unit... Can anyone confirm this problem?

Edit 2: the problem was in not big enough filter buffer

TRUEpicness
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TRUEpicness »

i have just downloaded the mod pack but i also want the other mods that i use too (FARL, crafting speed research and a lot more)
so i have duped the file which my heavily modded game uses and put the sea block pack in the new copy of the file so there are now technically dupes of bob and angels mods in there
so the question is, will they still work?
1 more YouTube vid before bed *starts 24hr long vid*

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

TRUEpicness wrote:i have just downloaded the mod pack but i also want the other mods that i use too (FARL, crafting speed research and a lot more)
so i have duped the file which my heavily modded game uses and put the sea block pack in the new copy of the file so there are now technically dupes of bob and angels mods in there
so the question is, will they still work?
You can also install all mods with given version (or most of them) listed on the first page and then add your own mods, which you like. If it still will work...nobody knows, until tested. But it should work, if the additional mods are only QoL or adding new stuff and do not modify.
I've done it and added nanobots and LTN and it seems to work. FARL and Crafting Speed should work, too.
Be aware, if you update the mod packs mods. Maybe seablock must be adjusted, if some of the core mods like bobs or angels change.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

konstantinua00 wrote:
To find silicon ore in FNEI try searching for quartz, that's the internal name for silicon ore.
Can you recommend any mod that would change displayed names to internal ones?
Make-Your-Own-Mod:
data-final-fixes.lua
A more prudent way would be to get the original mod author to fix their mod though :P
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khaim »

bobucles wrote:- Rush solar panels. The 250 red/green is steep (like farm resources overnight) but everything you can do is energy limited. The only way to grow is with solar.
- Mettalurgy 2 is even more great. The default 75% yield gets boosted to 150%! That's twice as good as plain smelting! It's worth a couple 50R/G researches. The production chain isn't too difficult to set up, but each metal gets some unique twists to the recipe so it's not so easy to hot swap.
I just realized that I have 2x science cost increase from somewhere. Oops?
(I could fix this, but since I already got through the red/green era, might as well stick with it.)
bobucles wrote:- Don't. Use. Steam. The starting chain for algae -> fuel processing nets around a 75% energy LOSS. Every MJ is precious in the early game. Don't waste them!
Either you have some extra mods enabled or you did the math wrong. I did not rush solar panels, and before researching them my factory was running day+night without brownouts. Sustained load was at least 10MW.
bobucles wrote:There appears to be an oversight with metallurgy. Seablock's default steel smelting is 2 iron per steel, but the metallurgy recipe assumes the starting point is 5 iron per steel. As a result it's weaker than plain smelting at all stages.
I wondered about that! There's probably a mod conflict somewhere.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Either you have some extra mods enabled or you did the math wrong. I did not rush solar panels, and before researching them my factory was running day+night without brownouts. Sustained load was at least 10MW.
Hmm. Looks like I made a lot of errors. Okay now I pulled out the spreadsheet, this time for sure.

The simplest ratio that works for me is 15 craftings of carbon. 45 units of carbon is worth 270MJ of fuel, but steam boilers have 50% efficiency giving 135MJ of electricity. The full loop, ignoring carbon dioxide, costs 32MJ. We can't ignore it because it takes CO2 pellets to make wood pellets (1.75 total pellets per free pellet), and the final carbon step also needs exta pellets(which needs more pellets to make CO2 pellets) . This dramatically increases the processing cost to 77MJ. Inserters add some kind of cost here, and the fuel furnace steps can happen at 100% efficiency instead of steam boiler efficiency so it's a bit of a wash.

Overall you're getting an energy profit of +50% to +80%. It's not bad, but it is a bit of a hassle and a lot of map space to put it all together. It's probably not worth the effort until Mk2 machines and boilers increase efficiency across the board so you can double or triple your energy.

Xs_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xs_ »

jodokus31 wrote:
TRUEpicness wrote:Maybe seablock must be adjusted, if some of the core mods like bobs or angels change.
Seablock itself is just hardcoded changes to the standard mods that are in the pack, with minor additions, mostly ones you don't actually use. The biggest thing that it does as a mod on its own is the spawn style, outside of that its just hard balance tweaks to other mods (which also ends up removing their mod settings in a lot of cases from the in-game UI). If you've used Bobs or any of the more advanced mods before 0.15 you may know how to tweak settings through the files, if you want to change stuff from default you'll want to check Seablock's settings first (although they can be tricky to find) to see if they've been hard coded, like modules have all combined turned off, and productivity nerfed hard, among other tweaks that are partly balance, and in some cases just more tedium, so judge for yourself if you want more tedium. Just remember if you make changes to any mods settings in this way, an update will revert them to default.

It doesn't really need changes unless someone changes a significant amount of how their mod works.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Xs_ wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
TRUEpicness wrote:Maybe seablock must be adjusted, if some of the core mods like bobs or angels change.
Seablock itself is just hardcoded changes to the standard mods that are in the pack, with minor additions, mostly ones you don't actually use. The biggest thing that it does as a mod on its own is the spawn style, outside of that its just hard balance tweaks to other mods (which also ends up removing their mod settings in a lot of cases from the in-game UI). If you've used Bobs or any of the more advanced mods before 0.15 you may know how to tweak settings through the files, if you want to change stuff from default you'll want to check Seablock's settings first (although they can be tricky to find) to see if they've been hard coded, like modules have all combined turned off, and productivity nerfed hard, among other tweaks that are partly balance, and in some cases just more tedium, so judge for yourself if you want more tedium. Just remember if you make changes to any mods settings in this way, an update will revert them to default.

It doesn't really need changes unless someone changes a significant amount of how their mod works.
OK, good to know, that the dependencies are not so tight. Just want to be careful, when changing the modpack mods

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khaim »

Request: Can Seablock fix the blue science pack to use bronze instead of gold? See Neemys' post on the Science Overhaul Mod thread for why that makes more sense.

This is an issue for any Angel/Bob with Science Overhaul Mod, and certainly that mod is the best place to change the recipe. However this seems particularly bad with Seablock, so consider fixing this preemptively.

Architekt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Architekt »

Sea Block is my first time experience with heavily modded Factorio. Restriction to sea resources is challenging. A lot of new stuff to learn. I like it a lot! Thank you :-)

My tip for power:
Research solar panels as soon as possible and use boilers and steam engines as accumulators.
Day: Cover power consumption with solar panels. Accumulate wooden pellets into chests.
Night: Consume wooden pellets with boilers and steam engines.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Khaim wrote:Request: Can Seablock fix the blue science pack to use bronze instead of gold? See Neemys' post on the Science Overhaul Mod thread for why that makes more sense.

This is an issue for any Angel/Bob with Science Overhaul Mod, and certainly that mod is the best place to change the recipe. However this seems particularly bad with Seablock, so consider fixing this preemptively.
No plans to change this. Blue science requires both gold and silver(resin catalyst), the only way to get those from green science level is via the multiple-output chunk sorting recipes. The progression of [chunk sorting -> gold+silver -> blue science -> research better ways of making gold+silver] is interesting enough to keep.

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khaim »

Trainwreck wrote:
Khaim wrote:Request: Can Seablock fix the blue science pack to use bronze instead of gold?
No plans to change this. Blue science requires both gold and silver(resin catalyst), the only way to get those from green science level is via the multiple-output chunk sorting recipes. The progression of [chunk sorting -> gold+silver -> blue science -> research better ways of making gold+silver] is interesting enough to keep.
There is a thousand-fold difference between the silver and gold requirements.
  • 1 silver ore -> 10 green catalyst -> 1000 Formaldehyde -> 50 Resin -> 100 Phenolic board -> 100 Circuit board -> 100 Electronic circuit board ~>>> 100 Blue Science
  • 1 gold ore -> 1 gold plate ~>>> 0.1 Blue Science
The silver required is so minimal that you can easily do it manually. One stack of Crotinnium Chunks gives you 16 silver, plus some leftovers than you can take care of by hand. Those 16 silver are enough for 10 blue techs (1600 blue-packs worth). That's plenty of time to set up a proper silver line. In contrast, 16 gold gets you one blue pack.

mabrowning
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.6

Post by mabrowning »

Ok... I'm having trouble getting Naphtha for Chemical Laser Flash Fuel for blue science.

The only recipes I see to generate it require... blue science:
Coal Cracking & Liquefaction
Is my pack misconfigured or am I missing something?

Edit: ok, turns out I was confused by an NEI problem. Looking at the "how-to-get Naphtha" view, it shows I'm missing the required research, but it turns out there are least 2 recipes unlocked already to get Naphtha in the Advanced Chemical Plant... and they don't require the "Coal Cracking" or "Coal Liquefaction" research.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote: Update 2017-10-15:
  • Change circuit wire recipes to use copper wire and electronic circuits. No rubber required.
Thanks for that :)

draziel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by draziel »

factorio win sea block.jpg
factorio win sea block.jpg (682.1 KiB) Viewed 11318 times
That was a long game :/

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

That was a long game :/
Clearly the difficulty level is set too low. 8-)

TRUEpicness
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TRUEpicness »

omg that map
1 more YouTube vid before bed *starts 24hr long vid*

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I wondered if it's possible to do a Lazy Bastard for Seablock. (Mainly to prevent me from handcrafting everything and setup some basic structure early on) So I gave it try, and thought the result would be interesting for you :)

Since you have already many of the buildings and power on startup, you dont need to do everything.
But you'll need to craft at least a lab, 10 red science (ScienceCostTweaker) for "Automation 1" and an Assembly Machine 1. You also need to do crafts, to get the ores.
After that, you need some additional crafts to get Assembly Machine 2.

I currently have about 103 crafts to get Assembly Machine 2 to autocraft things with 4 ingredients. I don't know, if it will be the last craft I'll need.

artemonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by artemonster »

can we remove science tweak for this modpack? it feels incredibly unbalanced for this setting.

RenewU
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RenewU »

Hello seablock enthusiasts!

I've got a werid question - how can I run seablock mod without having the mod render only water? I'm trying to use sea block mod on an existing server with already generated map. This to make use of seablock specific features, like being able to burn bricks for coal for example, while still having the map generate with Bob's/Angel's ores and land as usuall.

Any thoughts on this?

Return to “Mods”