[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do you get your first plastic?

Post by mrvn »

jonhwoods wrote:
mrvn wrote: But what do you think is the simplest way to get your first plastic bar?
I'm pretty sure the simplest way is just Cellulose>Methanol>Propene>Plastic

You get a small amount of Residual Gas byproduct which I flared, although many hours later I now need it to make Fuel Oil out of Lubricant byproducts.
That's what I had in 0.15 but I couldn't find it again in 0.16. Maybe I missed some tech.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
jonhwoods wrote:
mrvn wrote: I'm pretty sure the simplest way is just Cellulose>Methanol>Propene>Plastic
Agreed.

Just an additional note, because its a tiny bit more complicated:
If you already have some aluminium and silver ore, then Methanol from CO2 + Hydrogen + Green Metal Catalysts seems to produce twice the amount and its much smaller.
Aluminium and silver requires hydrorefining and some more processing. I would include that in the setup cost for a first plastic setup.

I did setup Aluminium to get LTN Train Stops but from memory I'm pretty sure it wasn't for plastic. I needed Aluminium Plates. But I would like to avoid silver ore for a simple setup.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
jonhwoods wrote:
mrvn wrote: I'm pretty sure the simplest way is just Cellulose>Methanol>Propene>Plastic
Agreed.

Just an additional note, because its a tiny bit more complicated:
If you already have some aluminium and silver ore, then Methanol from CO2 + Hydrogen + Green Metal Catalysts seems to produce twice the amount and its much smaller.
Aluminium and silver requires hydrorefining and some more processing. I would include that in the setup cost for a first plastic setup.

I did setup Aluminium to get LTN Train Stops but from memory I'm pretty sure it wasn't for plastic. I needed Aluminium Plates. But I would like to avoid silver ore for a simple setup.
I'm pretty sure, there is also a recipe in bioprocessing, to get Methanol directly from Cellulose Fiber (from GreenAlgae) in 0.16. I just did a comparison and the recipe with hydrogen + green catalysts appear better to me, because i already have the ores and hydrogen is produced by the electrolyzers anyway. Aluminum Plates are needed for the red circuits, too.
You should search for the methanol and propene in tech window/FNEI

I'm also on this journey to get the LTN Stops :) I wondered, if I should simply install this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LTN-easier
But it felt not right somehow...

khalgregar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by khalgregar »

mrvn wrote:
khalgregar wrote:
mrvn wrote:
Theaisa wrote:
khalgregar wrote:Do temperate and swamp trees exist at all in seablock? I've explored a long way out from my base in all directions, and I now have loads of desert, temperate and swamp gardens, but I'm yet to see a single tree.
Yes, but they are stupidly rare :/
Are you sure about trees? Not gardens but trees. I had to go insanely far to find swamp and temperate gardens in a sandbox but never saw trees.

What are trees needed for?
You can build aboretums, have a look in the tech tree.
I did noticed aboretums when I tried to figure out how to make plastic using FNEI but couldn't find them in the tech tree. Searching for aboretum just gives an empty list (or I mistyped it). Can you check what you have to search for in the tech tree so it shows up please?
It's probably because both of us have spelt it wrong here, should be 'arboretum' ('r' as second letter).

n8jeno
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by n8jeno »

quick question guys, how have you managed getting resin?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

n8jeno wrote:quick question guys, how have you managed getting resin?
Resin is really a major step to advanced circuits:
- You need Methanol, which can be obtained from green algae (see thread above)
- Then you need the green metal catalyst (aluminium/silver ore from hydrorefining (sorting chunks: f.e. jivolite, crotinnium))
-> This is formaldehyde
- Then you need ammonia, from nitrogen (Airfilter) /hydrogen (f.e. Electrolyzers) and red metal catalysts (iron and copper ore)
- this can be combined with co2 (from green algae)
-> This is urea gas
--> Both combined to liquid resin -> resin

n8jeno
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by n8jeno »

jodokus31 wrote:
n8jeno wrote:quick question guys, how have you managed getting resin?
Resin is really a major step to advanced circuits:
- You need Methanol, which can be obtained from green algae (see thread above)
- Then you need the green metal catalyst (aluminium/silver ore from hydrorefining (sorting chunks: f.e. jivolite, crotinnium))
-> This is formaldehyde
- Then you need ammonia, from nitrogen (Airfilter) /hydrogen (f.e. Electrolyzers) and red metal catalysts (iron and copper ore)
- this can be combined with co2 (from green algae)
-> This is urea gas
--> Both combined to liquid resin -> resin

Yeah Urea is quite easy, formaldehyde is pretty much a downer, but it's the ONLY path to resin pre blue research. Making blue research with SCT is quite scary, needing gold and naphtha and alumunium and all :P I only need gold now... and silver for resin... I will be bootstraping those ores until I can do a dedicated setup for ''perfect sorting''( the ones you only get the ore you want, no other waste materials or ores, needs catalyst, sorry I forgot the name)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

n8jeno wrote: Yeah Urea is quite easy, formaldehyde is pretty much a downer, but it's the ONLY path to resin pre blue research. Making blue research with SCT is quite scary, needing gold and naphtha and alumunium and all :P I only need gold now... and silver for resin... I will be bootstraping those ores until I can do a dedicated setup for ''perfect sorting''( the ones you only get the ore you want, no other waste materials or ores, needs catalyst, sorry I forgot the name)
I'm also at this point before blue science. I already have all ingredients for red circuits but not built it yet.
The gold requirement is quite tough, because its very much needed, and its only obtainable from rubyte chunks as a minor product, but it also provides aluminium.
And for naphta, i already have a big stock pile of blue cellulose, which is the result of all the sulfuric waste and mineralized water from hydrorefining. I'm excited to create multiphase oil this way, which offers all the struggles of the actual petrochem.:)
But at first I need red circuits and LTN Stops

MaDmaxwell311
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaDmaxwell311 »

Hey everyone. I just started the pack and I am having some difficulty figuring out how to progress, and I was hoping for some help. I am at the point where I need to make Red Science packs to progress, and this is where the trouble starts. In order to get the Science Pack 1, I need Fawogae Substrate which is made from Fawogae and Coke, but I cannot figure out a way to get Fawogae. I know it is made in a Fawogae Plantation, but that requires 150 raw wood, which in order to get I need to research stuff with Science packs. and not to mention that the Fawogae Plantation requires Soil which is made in a soil extractor which requires 2x Burner mining drills which I cannot for the life of me figure out how to research or craft.

Am I just missing something or what?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Turns out I had missed a mod when I installed the pack.
Last edited by MaDmaxwell311 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Hmm, never heard of Fawogae :D Do you have other mods installed like pY?

Red Packs should require only iron and copper, even with SCT

MaDmaxwell311
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaDmaxwell311 »

jodokus31 wrote:Hmm, never heard of Fawogae :D Do you have other mods installed like pY?

Red Packs should require only iron and copper, even with SCT
Huh, your right, sorry for the post then. Looks like I somehow missed a mod.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Hi Guys

Some help please. I can't find an Angel's bioprocessing subforum. I am trying to play a seablock game. Latest v16.24; all angels and bobs without enemies. (Turned biters and pollution off for performance.) ANyways, it seems the "forage cellulose fibres" recipe is broken, and I cannot find it in the mods documents. Am I missing something? Am I the only one stuck with this?

I had to go add/change recipes to get cellulose fibre. Been struggling with getting things balanced since then.
seablokki

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:0.16 beta test time. SeaBlockPack_0.2.0.zip Outdated, check thread for newer version.
This is still quite rough. There is no 0.16 version of ScienceCostTweaker yet (I know there's an unofficial port over in the S.C.T thread, but I only want to include mods with an official portal release in the pack). Also, Angel's bioprocessing has [ALPHA UPDATE] stamped all over it so not sure how stable that is. So the usual beta disclaimers apply, don't be surprised if you need to rebuild your base in later releases.

But there are a few major changes that I thought could do with some early testing.
  • The starting equipment is a lot more basic. You'll have to work your way up through red science to unlock mineral sludge.
  • When starting a new game there are now four scripted starting technologies that must be researched to unlock the lab. This is a tutorial to ensure player knows how to produce basic items.
  • Remove coal, rename coke to charcoal.
The removal of coal means an alternative to coal cracking for oil production is necessary, so a recipe to produce multi phase oil from blue algae has been added. Angels bioprocessing also includes some plant based oil/hydrocarbon production, so I might add requirements for this too. But for now the algae liquefaction recipe should be enough.

Also, make sure you double check which type of landfill you're placing. You can cycle different variations by rotating the landfill brush, and it's easy to waste landfill by overwriting existing land with a different type.
so, how far is porting of this?
just curious, it's been over month since then.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

Hi. Love the mod and the pack. Can't stop playing it. I did find a conflict between Land Mover and Sea Block that allows loading into game but prevents Sea Block from working. After re-reading Land Mover's mod page it seems obvious that they won't work together but I wanted to post in case anyone is having the same issue and doesn't want to sort through ~100 mods to find the problem: https://gyazo.com/a7f88f1cfb64c6927adab00c4e173edc

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

okay i have to ask. how do i get a research building when it requires a basic circuit board that requires a wooden board i can't craft by hand? i tried the wooden board in angel's bio tab but it's different and didn't work. i can't build an assembler without automation research and i need an assembler to build a research lab? sorry if im missing something completely obvious

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Nukeist wrote:okay i have to ask. how do i get a research building when it requires a basic circuit board that requires a wooden board i can't craft by hand? i tried the wooden board in angel's bio tab but it's different and didn't work. i can't build an assembler without automation research and i need an assembler to build a research lab? sorry if im missing something completely obvious
Yes! My problem too. I think something is broken in Angel's bioprocessing mod?

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

BHakluyt wrote:
Nukeist wrote:okay i have to ask. how do i get a research building when it requires a basic circuit board that requires a wooden board i can't craft by hand? i tried the wooden board in angel's bio tab but it's different and didn't work. i can't build an assembler without automation research and i need an assembler to build a research lab? sorry if im missing something completely obvious
Yes! My problem too. I think something is broken in Angel's bioprocessing mod?
Good/bad to hear xD I dropped a post in Angel's Bug thread so I guess we wait. Cheating until fix? Probably.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Not sure if I may do this... but here is a changed version of bioprocessing which makes seablock playable for me. It adds a recipe to make 3 cellulose fibers from 1 algea ball...
modded mod

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

BHakluyt wrote:Not sure if I may do this... but here is a changed version of bioprocessing which makes seablock playable for me. It adds a recipe to make 3 cellulose fibers from 1 algea ball...
modded mod
when you say playable do you actually mean less grindy? or is there another problem I'm going to run into shortly?

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Well, it seems seablock is a grindy process. With rubber belts and adding pink slow belts I got quite far. See
screenshot
. You need a lot of algea farms running to assemblers then I could make wood pellets for power and later got to making charcoal. My next mission was to get wood. Read a few posts back about it so thats my next step to try... but so yeah this solves the first problem easily... try it.

But yesterday I deleted all the mods and updated to see if problem is fixed so it seems not so now I am starting from scratch again with above modded mod.

edit:
this one seems self sufficient
-was struggling to get the balance right before but 3 fiber from one algae ball seems to work.

Return to “Mods”