[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
M0n5a7200
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mod Issue

Post by M0n5a7200 »

I'm trying to install the modpack, but no matter what I try, Angel's Petrochem is not compatible with Angel's Refining, for some odd reason. Anyway I can fix this?

Arakus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.6

Post by Arakus »

Remove them from the pack and just add them from the mod portal?
Check out my Factorio Dytech 'Let's Play' : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uIb_GJQcmM

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

I was watching Nilaus play this and he started on grass instead of desert. How do I do that? I try restarting several times and I always get desert. Is this the result of one of the additional mods he is using?
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Flux Faraday »

Ragoras wrote:that's insane ... you have to make so many stuff to just research sniper turrets? :/ i think that's unbalanced
Um, if you think that's insane, you should look ahead to the FTL technologies. In my build (and maybe I set it up wrong) each of the FTL techs costs 40k or so of every science pack. I like the scenario, but I think that's more factory than I really want to build. We will see if I keep coming back to it :)
seablock.PNG
seablock.PNG (182.64 KiB) Viewed 11004 times
See? Is that intended, or is my setup incorrect?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Mr. Tact wrote:I was watching Nilaus play this and he started on grass instead of desert. How do I do that? I try restarting several times and I always get desert. Is this the result of one of the additional mods he is using?
I suspect Nilaus has disabled the LandfillPainting mod. It's purely cosmetic, without it the only landfill type available is base game grass landfill.
Flux Faraday wrote: Um, if you think that's insane, you should look ahead to the FTL technologies. In my build (and maybe I set it up wrong) each of the FTL techs costs 40k or so of every science pack. I like the scenario, but I think that's more factory than I really want to build. We will see if I keep coming back to it :)

See? Is that intended, or is my setup incorrect?
You should check your mod settings, in particular the ScienceCostTweaker technology cost multiplier. The default when sea block pack is installed should be 'noadjustment'.
The ScienceCostTweaker mod itself defaults to 'normal'. A multiplier of normal multiplies the amount of research for technologies that use a high tech science pack by eight. I decided this was a bit much in conjunction with SpaceMod, so if sea block detects both ScienceCostTweaker and SpaceMod are installed, it changes the default multiplier to 'noadjustment'.
Of course, the default value is only used to initialize the actual setting the first time it's created, so you're free to change the multiplier to whatever you like. And if you have previously run ScienceCostTweaker without sea block then the setting will already have been initailized to 'normal'.

Short Answer: From the main menu, click Options, then click Mods, then click Reset.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Trainwreck wrote:
Mr. Tact wrote:I was watching Nilaus play this and he started on grass instead of desert. How do I do that? I try restarting several times and I always get desert. Is this the result of one of the additional mods he is using?
I suspect Nilaus has disabled the LandfillPainting mod. It's purely cosmetic, without it the only landfill type available is base game grass landfill.
Hmm, how would that effect the tile I start on? And the reason I am asking is because it isn't just cosmetic, right? You move slower on desert. Does the Landfill Painting mod cause the default landfill to be a desert tile?

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Flux Faraday »

Trainwreck wrote:Short Answer: From the main menu, click Options, then click Mods, then click Reset.
Thanks for that. I didn't know about the options->mods menu. Meanwhile I had removed the ScienceCostTweaker mod and started again. It's all good.
Trainwreck wrote:...if you have previously run ScienceCostTweaker without sea block then the setting will already have been initailized to 'normal'.
Mystery solved. I didn't use the pack. I built it up from the list a few mods at a time, so what you say is exactly what happened. Thanks again!

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Flux Faraday »

Mr. Tact wrote:I was watching Nilaus play this and he started on grass instead of desert ... Is this the result of one of the additional mods he is using?
FYI: Another change is he doesn't have ScienceCostTweaker, because I can see his recipes for red and green research packs are vanilla.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Flux Faraday wrote:FYI: Another change is he doesn't have ScienceCostTweaker, because I can see his recipes for red and green research packs are vanilla.
If you are talking about the green science packs only needing iron and copper -- he updated to mod-pack so he now has the recipes requiring tin and lead for green science.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

I'm way behind on nilaus, but I'm curious: is anyone way ahead of him and the ultimate question: did anyone already built the FTL?

jonhwoods
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jonhwoods »

I'm really enjoying my run so far, first time with Angel Bob too.

I've run into the following small issues which might be fixed in future versions of the pack:
-Early on you can research and build the small Bob's electrolyzer which can't do anything it seems.
-Abusing the 4 tiles per landfill bug allows me to have a very large base later on but seems required early game. It takes more time to carefully manually place it so I might switch to the regular paintbrush later on. Seems balanced overall.
-Liquid steel has a lower steel yield than old fashioned smelting?
-Coal Cracking has a nice 5 Coal to 6 Coke recipe according to NEI, but the research is not available in the tree! Coke seems pretty important for midgame smelting.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

jonhwoods wrote:-Liquid steel has a lower steel yield than old fashioned smelting?
I was wondering about this too. Unless I'm missing something it seems you always want to just smelt Iron Plates into Steel Plates? Is that right?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

jonhwoods wrote:(...)
-Early on you can research and build the small Bob's electrolyzer which can't do anything it seems.(...)
It also happen in a normal bobs/angels, not related to sea block pack. Mostly angels forget to remove the building.
jonhwoods wrote:(...)
-Abusing the 4 tiles per landfill bug allows me to have a very large base later on but seems required early game. It takes more time to carefully manually place it so I might switch to the regular paintbrush later on. Seems balanced overall.
Yeah early on, you mostly wait for landfill to be made so this trick is usefull. But the modpack must'n rely on it as it should disappear in 0.16.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathturtle »

So I got a weird glitch today... I had been working on my seablock base for a while to build resources and I decided to add research queue to help with AFKing long techs. So I installed the mod, but forgot to enable it and when factorio came back up, it said "cannot find file '__base__/graphics/icons/alein_artifact.png'" and disabled a bunch of mods (something from bobs and everything that depends on it including lots of qol mods like whats-it-really-used-for). Fortunately I had a copy of 0.14 around that I could grab the file from and stick it in the right folder :D, but I figured I'd report it here in case anyone else sees this.

The file you want is 0.14_install/data/base/graphics/icons/alien_artifact.png and you copy it to 0.15/install/data/base/graphics/icons/alien_artifact.png. Of course it would be nice if whatever mod is causing it could fix it, but posting the workaround here in case anyone else hits this.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

mathturtle wrote:So I got a weird glitch today... I had been working on my seablock base for a while to build resources and I decided to add research queue to help with AFKing long techs. So I installed the mod, but forgot to enable it and when factorio came back up, it said "cannot find file '__base__/graphics/icons/alein_artifact.png'" and disabled a bunch of mods (something from bobs and everything that depends on it including lots of qol mods like whats-it-really-used-for). Fortunately I had a copy of 0.14 around that I could grab the file from and stick it in the right folder :D, but I figured I'd report it here in case anyone else sees this.

The file you want is 0.14_install/data/base/graphics/icons/alien_artifact.png and you copy it to 0.15/install/data/base/graphics/icons/alien_artifact.png. Of course it would be nice if whatever mod is causing it could fix it, but posting the workaround here in case anyone else hits this.
which research queue mod have you installed so I can check the problem ?
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

bearcoco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bearcoco »

Requesting Compatibility:

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/GotLag/Flare%20Stack

Or something similar to delete unwanted items.

For example: Jivolite Chunk recipe in an Ore Sorting Facility gives 1 slag, 2 iron ore, 2 copper ore, 1 zine ore, and 1 aluminium ore. In my save I do not need the iron or copper ore, just the slag for slag stuff and the other 2 types of ores, aluminium & zinc, for advancing. I have tried to install the mod myself but I believe something is conflicting it and I have no clue what is and if possible to make it no longer conflict and when that failed I tried different machines already in the modpack like the Clarifier since its for liquids when I turned the metal into molten metal and the Flare Stack thats already in the game just to try it and neither worked. So far what Ive found is theres only ways to delete liquids and gases but not way to delete items like ore.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

bearcoco wrote:Requesting Compatibility:

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/GotLag/Flare%20Stack

Or something similar to delete unwanted items.

For example: Jivolite Chunk recipe in an Ore Sorting Facility gives 1 slag, 2 iron ore, 2 copper ore, 1 zine ore, and 1 aluminium ore. In my save I do not need the iron or copper ore, just the slag for slag stuff and the other 2 types of ores, aluminium & zinc, for advancing. I have tried to install the mod myself but I believe something is conflicting it and I have no clue what is and if possible to make it no longer conflict and when that failed I tried different machines already in the modpack like the Clarifier since its for liquids when I turned the metal into molten metal and the Flare Stack thats already in the game just to try it and neither worked. So far what Ive found is theres only ways to delete liquids and gases but not way to delete items like ore.
Here is only a modpack, better find which mod is conflicting then ask both author if they can do something. I looked into the problem and it rely on gotlag's end, he check a fuel value for something that haven't any fuel value. I will post a message on the modportal for his mod. I posted a message in the thread you created.

In this modpack, there is no building to get rid of item, only fluid. Why not use the recipe that use 2 or 3 angel ore with catalyst to get your zinc and aluminum ? So you don't get byproduct.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

You could use one of the void chest mods to get rid of unwanted items.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Arakus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arakus »

What did the latest update to the mod change??
Check out my Factorio Dytech 'Let's Play' : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uIb_GJQcmM

mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathturtle »

Neemys wrote:which research queue mod have you installed so I can check the problem ?
This one: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Doomquill/research-queue v1.5.1 (latest w/ no annoying popup) Reading the notes on the mod portal, this may be a problem with research queue though. If there is a version of research queue or a similar mod that works better, please let me know.

Return to “Mods”