Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by cpy »

Thanks man, you're a saviour.

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

This is probably mostly for Archangel, but maybe someone can help.

I researched Advanced Ore Refining 1, which should enable the 4x Iron/Copper/Tin/Lead recipes but they are not showing up in my Ore Sorting Facility. What am I missing?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Theaisa wrote:This is probably mostly for Archangel, but maybe someone can help.

I researched Advanced Ore Refining 1, which should enable the 4x Iron/Copper/Tin/Lead recipes but they are not showing up in my Ore Sorting Facility. What am I missing?
You need to upgrade them to MK2

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Theaisa wrote:This is probably mostly for Archangel, but maybe someone can help.

You need to upgrade them to MK2
That makes a lot of sense, thank you ! Was going to be the next thing I tried when I got back to it tonight so I guess it's not all bad :)

The main confusion stems from the NEI interface showing the recipe as available in any ore sorting facility, but I have no idea if anything can be done about that.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Any update to seablock pack?

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Coal cracking research from Angel's petrochem provides no effect

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Just a small hint:
Updating of angels mods hides the woodpellet -> wood bricks recipe.
The machine with the selected recipe still works, but I cannot reselect it. But I could copy it.
I'm fourtunately able to research the responsible tech "Wood processing 3", which is green science.

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

jodokus31 wrote:Just a small hint:
The machine with the selected recipe still works, but I cannot reselect it. But I could copy it.
I'm fourtunately able to research the responsible tech "Wood processing 3", which is green science.
Game breaker for me right now, cant produce wood blocks to make charcoal or wood poles.

AngryAmish
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngryAmish »

I'm in a weird position after the first tutorial research - i need to make a hydro plant for saline water for algae, but i can't because I don't have enough iron pipes. I can't make iron pipes either. Do i need to restart?

n8jeno
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by n8jeno »

Yeah came here to say that after checking if I did something wrong.

1: I Can't make Wood Brick unless I research Wood Processing 3, wich requires Green Packs(cannot be crafted at this stage,since we cant get tin and lead in any way, dunno if i missed something, but since i'm pretty used to Bobangel, I got a hang on how to figure stuff).

2: To use the green packs, I need the electrochemics lab ( lab mk2 let's say).

3: To build a lab MK2, I need electronic circuit, wich come from BEB + iron plates.

4: To make BEBs, I need some charcoal.

5: To make charcoal, I need wood bricks, so back to point 1.

I don't want to cheat in some boards. I really want to be as legit as possible (eccept for some occasional game speed tweek in the very early stage).

On a side note so far, here's my quick opinion about the changes.
- The little sort of research step/tutorial at the start is ok, i don't mind it at all, it goes by in like 5 mins. Not like you're going to repeat that often once you have a game started.

- I personnally prefered the last way to get resources in the 0.15, with the slag and sulfiric acid, it felt better to set up, I liked the feeling to have to kickstart it a few time early on. The new way to start is a bit too easy and doesnt offer any flexibility to get some bobmonium and rubyte early on. That's even more frustrating once you figure out you can't even get there since you're blocked on the the wood brick thing. Even with that, it would be an uninterresting grind to get there. I find early game a bit empty, since there's a lot of time you just stand there, waiting for a trickle of resources and landfill to get there. There's inst much else we can do in the downtime, but it was like that in 0.15

- maybe we should start with 4 k land fill? In my opinion, 1k is very little without the exploit we could do before. Landfill can easily be done pretty much as soon as the game starts, but it would be nice not to have to chug a lot of the little amount of power we have early producing one landfill every 30 sec for an hour and 1/2, just to be able to place all the turbines we start with.

- Speaking of the wind turbines we get at the start. I think I like them, seem easy to get even early on, so there's that. wouldnt say no to some solar panel and accum tho. I dont like that once they start getting close to the max amount of power they can produce (IE 90-95%) they constantly flash the red triangle with a lightning icon, constantly.

Beside that, I think Sea block is a very nice idea, I really like it.

I would hope the dead lock we get very early is the first thing fixed since we cannot go further and test it out to bring some comments, and maybe after that some of the very early game could be looked at in hope to find a way to make it a bit more appealing and with less dead time of waiting for stuff. Again, not saying we should be able to churn out tons of ore 5 mins after the game, maybe just something else usefull to do in the meantime.

I know you guys make all of these mods in your spare time or whatever, so I just wanted to say thank you, good job and keep it up.
I hope I was able to provide some comments that are constructive.
English Isnt my first language, so if I wasnt clear enough a some points, just ask me to repeat myself?

(BTW, wth is the new bio garden processing ? what is the use for it? couldnt figure out when looking at the research tree. I seems like it's only decoration at the end. If it is, could I leave that part out of my game? I dont like decorations...)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

jodokus31 wrote:Just a small hint:
Seems to be a similar issue with the sulfuric waste water treatment. I had to research it again.

If you're stuck with this problem, theres also the possibility to revert the mod versions according to first initial release of 0.16 seablock pack. (Hope you have a save from before updating mods)
Or you can activate the recipes by console command.
Since this is beta and alpha state, those kind of problems are expected
AngryAmish wrote:I'm in a weird position after the first tutorial research - i need to make a hydro plant for saline water for algae, but i can't because I don't have enough iron pipes. I can't make iron pipes either. Do i need to restart?
Did you use iron pipes for connections? Or did you craft too many machines, which consumed all iron pipes? As i recall, there is not a big hurdle to be able to craft iron pipes. And you have much iron in starting pack.
n8jeno wrote: - I personnally prefered the last way to get resources in the 0.15, with the slag and sulfiric acid, it felt better to set up, I liked the feeling to have to kickstart it a few time early on. The new way to start is a bit too easy and doesnt offer any flexibility to get some bobmonium and rubyte early on. That's even more frustrating once you figure out you can't even get there since you're blocked on the the wood brick thing. Even with that, it would be an uninterresting grind to get there. I find early game a bit empty, since there's a lot of time you just stand there, waiting for a trickle of resources and landfill to get there. There's inst much else we can do in the downtime, but it was like that in 0.15
Besides the wood brick problem, which will be fixed I'm sure, I think, it's a design decision, which make it more streamlined and friendly to new users. You are not overwhelmed with all the machines and recipes in the first place. It also give some feel for progression, which was simply given in the pre-version. The mineral sludge will be the core soon enough.
I also thought, man, that is so slow. But, i compared it to my 0.15 save and it was not very different.
n8jeno wrote: - maybe we should start with 4 k land fill? In my opinion, 1k is very little without the exploit we could do before. Landfill can easily be done pretty much as soon as the game starts, but it would be nice not to have to chug a lot of the little amount of power we have early producing one landfill every 30 sec for an hour and 1/2, just to be able to place all the turbines we start with.
The landfill "fix" in 0.16 increases the difficulty a lot. (But i like to not need to fiddle around with landfill placement). The electrolyzers to get slag are so power hungry, that you only can run a couple of them on wind tubines power only. And steam engines/boiles mk1 are not a big help, which is like in 0.15, but you need far more electrolyzers for landfill and also mineral sludge (since nodules are gone)
n8jeno wrote: - Speaking of the wind turbines we get at the start. I think I like them, seem easy to get even early on, so there's that. wouldnt say no to some solar panel and accum tho. I dont like that once they start getting close to the max amount of power they can produce (IE 90-95%) they constantly flash the red triangle with a lightning icon, constantly.
Yeah, i also saw this flashing. Its a bit confusing. Luckily, i moved the windturbines out of my sight :)

All in all, I really enjoy this modpack so far. Also the new changes are very nice and the slight increase in difficulty is enjoyable.

artemonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by artemonster »

So I have tried new seablock with 0.16 and all updated mods and I can say that the new start is really insteresting, I really miss the SCT and and I think we need to have more (MUCH MORE) landfill at the start as this is the main bottleneck right now for which I have to idle, which is boring :(

n8jeno
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by n8jeno »

jodokus31 wrote:Besides the wood brick problem, which will be fixed I'm sure, I think, it's a design decision, which make it more streamlined and friendly to new users. You are not overwhelmed with all the machines and recipes in the first place. It also give some feel for progression, which was simply given in the pre-version. The mineral sludge will be the core soon enough.
Yeah since we can get it back up pretty soon it isnt much of a concern.
Would you like to have a recipe like the one we have at start for saphirite(1.1%) and stiratite(0.70%) from mineralised water but for bobmonium and rubyte? maybe it could be more straining on resources with a lesser chance to get the resource, but at less help to get the switch to slag slurry a bit faster.

Dunno if this would be concidered a bit too easy or whatever, hence why i'm asking.
jodokus31 wrote:The landfill "fix" in 0.16 increases the difficulty a lot. (But i like to not need to fiddle around with landfill placement). The electrolyzers to get slag are so power hungry, that you only can run a couple of them on wind tubines power only. And steam engines/boiles mk1 are not a big help, which is like in 0.15, but you need far more electrolyzers for landfill and also mineral sludge (since nodules are gone)
I do not mind that they fixed the ''placement bug'', since I didnt like to fiddle with it too. I just think tho that having more landfill (2 to 4k maybe) to start with would help to organise a bit ealier, and help to hide the wind turbine away. It could help if you messeed up with your early placement too. But maybe a that point one should just restart :P .

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

n8jeno wrote: Would you like to have a recipe like the one we have at start for saphirite(1.1%) and stiratite(0.70%) from mineralised water but for bobmonium and rubyte? maybe it could be more straining on resources with a lesser chance to get the resource, but at less help to get the switch to slag slurry a bit faster.

Dunno if this would be concidered a bit too easy or whatever, hence why i'm asking.
I don't think, it helps to get the switch to mineral sludge faster, if you could create tin and lead the same way. It would just lead into the false direction, since its less efficient. The cool thing is, that the original challenge starts at this stage, where you need the other metals
n8jeno wrote: I do not mind that they fixed the ''placement bug'', since I didnt like to fiddle with it too. I just think tho that having more landfill (2 to 4k maybe) to start with would help to organise a bit ealier, and help to hide the wind turbine away. It could help if you messeed up with your early placement too. But maybe a that point one should just restart :P .
I dont know, if it would help much, since you cannot power additional machines. To make at it bit easier like in 0.15, the landfill could be slightly cheaper.
green algae + steam mk1 does not do much, to get extra power. Maybe just rush for steel and wind turbines and craft many of them with the starter iron.
I'm currently running 8 electrolyzers for landfill which is quite efficient/fast, while planning out stuff. But I already have steam engines mk2 and boiler mk2 on carbon fuel, which is ridiculous, how good they are compared to mk1.

Zephyrinius
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zephyrinius »

I'm playing with the 0.16 modpack, and also using the patched SCT mod. I noticed that copper and iron ore have a stack size of 50 even though all other ores (both Bob's and Angel's) have a stack size of 200. Do others see the same thing?

This is strange since Bob's ores data.lua specifically sets the stack size for copper and iron to 200. Perhaps this is being overridden in Seablock, but I couldn't find where that would be. Pasting the stack size overrides from Bob's ores into Seablock data.lua does change them back to 200.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

BobsGuns wrote:Are blueprints and deconstruction planner recipes disabled for balance reasons or are they disabled because they were causing some kind of bug? Does anyone know how to re enable those recipes? I want to rebuild my base on my seablock world, but trying to take apart all the spaghetti is daunting to say the least.
There hasn't been recipes for them in a long time. You get them for free from the blueprint library (book icon in the top right).

artemonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by artemonster »

Okay, the wooden brick stuff is really broken. You cannot make additional power poles withut them. and you supposed to advance until green science to fix that? With reduced landfill and everything this will be a painful grind :(

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I found a cliff in seablock :)
But it doesn't have any collision boxes. I dont know, if its a seablock issue, but in other scenarios, cliffs worked for me
Cliff Collision

Tenshi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tenshi »

now i got a error in .16.17, i as using a landfill.

and i don't know what can i do to fix it
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (2.44 MiB) Viewed 8913 times

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

I faced the same issue yesterday when i tried the beta.

Had to give up

Return to “Mods”