[0.17.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] AnonyMods - Overhaul mod

Post by Airat9000 »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Anonymoscoot can u make electric furnaces, mining drills and pumpjacks with higher tiers? We already have high-tier assemblers, oil refineries, chemical plants and electolyzers
Already working on it, it will be in next update.
old post ideas for you)) ;) thanks man

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

There seems to be a problem with the new version. The chemical furnances in my game have been removed :(

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can't find recipes for brick chemical furnace and brick mixing furnace? but i can make simple brick furnace
I have updated a box from the previous version, and i'm playing with old save

Can i reset state of "chemical furnaces 1" and @mixing furnaces 1" technologies?

And one request for u Anonymoscoot - can u increase the frequency of quartz ore spawn for default options? i'm often playing with default options, but quartz ore sometimes is really hard to find, sometimes i can find it deep in area with bitters

P.S. Idea with calcium silicate for steel furnaces was cool and some realistic
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

There is no migration in the mod so any tech changes and/or entity name changes will result in lost recipes or entities deleted from map.
I was not really advanced in game so only lost one burner furnace but if you have big base this might be a big problem.

For a partial fix you can make file 0.lua with this in it:

Code: Select all

for _, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()

local technologies = force.technologies;
  local recipes = force.recipes;

if technologies["chemical-furnaces-1"].researched then
    recipes["stone-chemical-furnace"].enabled = true
  end
  if technologies["mixing-furnaces-1"].researched then
    recipes["stone-mixing-furnace"].enabled = true
  end
end
and put it in migrations subfolder in mod folder. You'll need to extract the mod for this ofc.
This will fix the tech/recipe changes so you should see new things but it's a bit of bandaid. All old entities will still dissapear.

@AnonymooScoot
I'd recommend looking at base game data folder and migrations that are in it.
You should find some good examples of how json migration (for entity changes) and lua migration (for things like recipe/tech updates and enabling items on already reserched techs) work.

Also chemical and mixing furnace research 1 is mising prerequisities so it doesn't show up. And lack of migration means even if it's researched you won't get the unlocks. I've expanded example above with code to unlock those two if research has been already done. Research prerequisities need a separate fix.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks orzelek, but its don't working

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wooden transport belt in config.lua? Wow that''s interesting - its true on default value

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

orzelek wrote:There is no migration in the mod so any tech changes and/or entity name changes will result in lost recipes or entities deleted from map.
I was not really advanced in game so only lost one burner furnace but if you have big base this might be a big problem.

For a partial fix you can make file 0.lua with this in it:

for _, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()

local technologies = force.technologies;
  local recipes = force.recipes;

if technologies["chemical-furnaces-1"].researched then
    recipes["stone-chemical-furnace"].enabled = true
  end
  if technologies["mixing-furnaces-1"].researched then
    recipes["stone-mixing-furnace"].enabled = true
  end
end
and put it in migrations subfolder in mod folder. You'll need to extract the mod for this ofc.
This will fix the tech/recipe changes so you should see new things but it's a bit of bandaid. All old entities will still dissapear.

@AnonymooScoot
I'd recommend looking at base game data folder and migrations that are in it.
You should find some good examples of how json migration (for entity changes) and lua migration (for things like recipe/tech updates and enabling items on already reserched techs) work.

Also chemical and mixing furnace research 1 is mising prerequisities so it doesn't show up. And lack of migration means even if it's researched you won't get the unlocks. I've expanded example above with code to unlock those two if research has been already done. Research prerequisities need a separate fix.
The mod is still in development, and it's easier to generate new world with all changes taking place rather than figuring out what things have gone missing. I don't think migration files are necessary yet, maybe in the future, as for chemical/mixing furnaces 1, they are not supposed to have prerequisites, they are available from start.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Chemical and mixing furnaces were not available for me from start.
And on new game they seem to be hidden behind research.

I do understand not making all the migrations while in development - might be worth mentioning after update that it might break existing bases.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

What am i supposed to do with my server hosting your mod? Now all the chemical furnances are gone and new ones cannot be researched. We were more than 21 hours in the game, with a huge factory. You must put in the old stuff again and only add new things to the mod instead of replacing, or make a new mod if updates will break the map.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Some suggestions for balance:
I consider that value of solder in this project is underestimated, the solder can be used in early electronics

Often ш have many many count of galena ore on the map and vice versa I have a little count quartz

I think this mod is very realistic and hardcore in some places, be not afraid to be creative and courageous - just look at angel petrochem mod or angel refining mod - they're amazing, so many small details are worked out :)

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

orzelek wrote:Chemical and mixing furnaces were not available for me from start.
And on new game they seem to be hidden behind research.

I do understand not making all the migrations while in development - might be worth mentioning after update that it might break existing bases.
The chemical/mixing furnaces seem to work for me

Catbert wrote:What am i supposed to do with my server hosting your mod? Now all the chemical furnances are gone and new ones cannot be researched. We were more than 21 hours in the game, with a huge factory. You must put in the old stuff again and only add new things to the mod instead of replacing, or make a new mod if updates will break the map.
While the entities will be gone, you can still enable the recipes for new ones :

/c game.forces.player.recipes["brick-chemical-furnace"].enabled = true
/c game.forces.player.recipes["brick-mixing-furnace"].enabled = true
/c game.forces.player.recipes["stone-chemical-furnace"].enabled = true
/c game.forces.player.recipes["stone-mixing-furnace"].enabled = true

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I had liked the idea with modular turrets
Idea with cryogenics is cool too

What do you think of the inserters constructed according to the same scheme?

1) Inserter frame
2) Inserter arm - with 2 parts
3) Insererter claw

Separate thanks for ways of receiving chlorine from substances which can be chlorides or chlorine the containing substances by the nature - yes its some realistic too i like this

What relation quartz has to receiving sodium chloride? Why we can't get sodium chloride from water& May be we need "salt water"?

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

aklesey1 wrote:I had liked the idea with modular turrets
Idea with cryogenics is cool too

What do you think of the inserters constructed according to the same scheme?

1) Inserter frame
2) Inserter arm - with 2 parts
3) Insererter claw

Separate thanks for ways of receiving chlorine from substances which can be chlorides or chlorine the containing substances by the nature - yes its some realistic too i like this

What relation quartz has to receiving sodium chloride? Why we can't get sodium chloride from water& May be we need "salt water"?
Salt water electrolysis requires water and salt, and salt requires water and quartz, without quartz, it would be just water + water and you would magicly get NaCl from it, it would be logical if it would be salt water, but there is no such thing, and quartz seemed like the best solution.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey i'm agree with u, but we should receive quartz one way or another maybe there is a way to receive quartz as a by-product?

We need quartz for:
1) Salt and calcium production chains - Calcium silicate, Calcium chloride
2) Aluminium
3) Gold
4) Silicon
5) Sodium productiuon chains - sodium chloride, sodium perchlorate
6) Glass
7) Phosphorus

Another suggestion about belts, underground belts, splitters - they are not upgradeble, why? May be u can add secondary recipes with upgrades not only crafting from zero?
Last edited by aklesey1 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

find bug
fupower mod
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=27946
Attachments
2017-01-06_19-23-14.jpg
2017-01-06_19-23-14.jpg (33.34 KiB) Viewed 5687 times
Last edited by Airat9000 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Ok i did that and some other stuff, i hope it works now. But seriously, you cannot update your mod in such a way. People are going to be building huge factories and if they are broken just by updating it is unacceptable. Small changes like different inputs or readjusting pipes is ok but breaking the game by removing entities without replacement is an absolute no go.

AnonymoScoot wrote:
Catbert wrote:What am i supposed to do with my server hosting your mod? Now all the chemical furnances are gone and new ones cannot be researched. We were more than 21 hours in the game, with a huge factory. You must put in the old stuff again and only add new things to the mod instead of replacing, or make a new mod if updates will break the map.
While the entities will be gone, you can still enable the recipes for new ones :

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

Airat9000 wrote:find bug
fupower mod
Looking at the code, it takes the electric mining drill prototypes and changes their icon graphics with another one by adding different file path, it would work ok if it would be deriving from vanilla if the file path is specified right, however my mod changes graphic filepath with custom one, so the mod tries to modify the file path again but to an unexisting file, one way to prevent this is to disable modifications inside the config.lua file of those prototypes.
Catbert wrote:Ok i did that and some other stuff, i hope it works now. But seriously, you cannot update your mod in such a way. People are going to be building huge factories and if they are broken just by updating it is unacceptable. Small changes like different inputs or readjusting pipes is ok but breaking the game by removing entities without replacement is an absolute no go.

AnonymoScoot wrote:

Sorry, gonna think about it next time, didn't test any migration files, gotta look into it in the future.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

AnonymoScoot wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:find bug
fupower mod
Looking at the code, it takes the electric mining drill prototypes and changes their icon graphics with another one by adding different file path, it would work ok if it would be deriving from vanilla if the file path is specified right, however my mod changes graphic filepath with custom one, so the mod tries to modify the file path again but to an unexisting file, one way to prevent this is to disable modifications inside the config.lua file of those prototypes.
Catbert wrote:Ok i did that and some other stuff, i hope it works now. But seriously, you cannot update your mod in such a way. People are going to be building huge factories and if they are broken just by updating it is unacceptable. Small changes like different inputs or readjusting pipes is ok but breaking the game by removing entities without replacement is an absolute no go.

AnonymoScoot wrote:
please example code in fixing (he will try to replace it, what would the two mods worked)

And example codes in Angels mods work Petrochem mod and smelting

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Fupower fixed in you mod

config file in mod FuPower

fudrill=
  {
    improvedDrill = true,
    alienDrill = true, -- Depends on improvedDrill
  },
to

fudrill=
  {
    improvedDrill = false,
    alienDrill = false, -- Depends on improvedDrill
  },
now I want to understand how to combine your mod with 3 angels mods.

AnonymoScoot
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnonymoScoot »

Airat9000 wrote:
please example code in fixing (he will try to replace it, what would the two mods worked)

And example codes in Angels mods work Petrochem mod and smelting
The thing is my mod replaces file path for electric mining drill icon, and no matter what I would do the mod will error because it tries to find a non existing file, the way to fix it is to not modify the graphic file path by disabling modification of the drill in config.lua

Return to “Mods”