Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mylon's Multiple Mods

Post by Mylon »

As an optimization, Concreep tries to only check a band around the roboport. At the moment the placed ghosts expire. So patching that out should prevent that from happening. Though it still should not over-provision like this.

I put out an update. Hopefully this prevents this from happening in the future!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

dangOreus is released! Feel free to try and conduct an orechestra in your own games!

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Mylon wrote:dangOreus is released! Feel free to try and conduct an orechestra in your own games!
Evil!
Not even belts and powerpoles can be placed on the ores.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

I've encountered 2 problems with dangOreus.

When I place an electric mining drill on a place that also has uranium ore, the drill stops mining because I've just started and obvious don't have sulfuric acid yet.

On the map chuncks are getting 'unscanned' so that I get holes in the map screen.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

pieppiep wrote:I've encountered 2 problems with dangOreus.

When I place an electric mining drill on a place that also has uranium ore, the drill stops mining because I've just started and obvious don't have sulfuric acid yet.

On the map chuncks are getting 'unscanned' so that I get holes in the map screen.
Features. Sulfiric acid occurs in chunks so you can mine around it. The map becomes nearly impossible to use later on and uncharting chunks helps mitigate the problem. The other (probably better) option is that I remove that feature from 0.15.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Will this put a water tile where a tile, wall or entity exists?
Regards,
~B

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

abordoli wrote:Will this put a water tile where a tile, wall or entity exists?
Regards,
~B
I assume you're referring to Global Warming? Water will not overcome walls or water-pumps. It can expand to cover entities (like belts and assemblers) and tiles (like concrete) and will destroy them.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Ah yes. "Global Warming" Sorry, I didn't notice that the thread was for all off your mods.

So if the factory is surrounded by walls...everything inside is protected, right?
~B

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hi, I'm curious at what rate Oil is pulled with the fracking mod once the slurry is required? IE, does it continue to pull the oil at the normal 10% depleted rate, or is it different?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

abordoli wrote:Ah yes. "Global Warming" Sorry, I didn't notice that the thread was for all off your mods.

So if the factory is surrounded by walls...everything inside is protected, right?
~B
Yes, your base will be safe. But any resources not in your walls might be destroyed!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

FuryoftheStars wrote:Hi, I'm curious at what rate Oil is pulled with the fracking mod once the slurry is required? IE, does it continue to pull the oil at the normal 10% depleted rate, or is it different?
Oil wells will revert back to their original output when using fracking, and then slowly drop down to their depleted rate.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Can the tile replacement for "Dirt Path" be easily changed? I'm in an all snow biome and I wouldn't mind "dark snow" over "dirt".
Regards,
~B

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

abordoli wrote:Can the tile replacement for "Dirt Path" be easily changed? I'm in an all snow biome and I wouldn't mind "dark snow" over "dirt".
Regards,
~B
That's something I meant to do with Dirt Path but never got around to.

Would you be willing to write the conversion table? {"grass","dry-grass"} -> {"dirt"} {"snow"} -> {"dark-snow"} {"dark-snow"} -> {"dark-dirt"} etc

The goal of a factory ought to be concrete everywhere so I never really took the time to build on Dirt Path.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Mylon wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:Hi, I'm curious at what rate Oil is pulled with the fracking mod once the slurry is required? IE, does it continue to pull the oil at the normal 10% depleted rate, or is it different?
Oil wells will revert back to their original output when using fracking, and then slowly drop down to their depleted rate.
Great, thank you!
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Mylon wrote:
abordoli wrote:Can the tile replacement for "Dirt Path" be easily changed? I'm in an all snow biome and I wouldn't mind "dark snow" over "dirt".
Regards,
~B
That's something I meant to do with Dirt Path but never got around to.

Would you be willing to write the conversion table? {"grass","dry-grass"} -> {"dirt"} {"snow"} -> {"dark-snow"} {"dark-snow"} -> {"dark-dirt"} etc

The goal of a factory ought to be concrete everywhere so I never really took the time to build on Dirt Path.
Sure, I'll write the conversion table. Is it OK to base it on Alien Biome tiles with vanilla back-ups?
~B

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

That's preferable! I love Alien Biomes.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

I've been given the direction of decay-flow conversion from the author, so I'll have a conversion table soon once I muddle through it all.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

On hold till 0.16 (See FFF#200).

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I think the map gen makes better use of temperature/elevation/humidity than I had thought. I may be able to follow the pattern to draw a line from each tile type to desert. And use a bit of interpretation to squeeze in alien biome tiles in there.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I've been working a lot of softmods lately. If you want to add logistic mining to your server, I wrote Nougat Mining: https://github.com/Brickcaster/factorio ... mining.lua

Return to “Mods”