[0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Topics and discussion about specific mods
nornagon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Post by nornagon »

I was having an issue with the DeathChest mod, where it was crashing the server whenever someone died. I fixed it, here's the updated DeathChest_0.13.3/control.lua: https://gist.github.com/nornagon/bc3aea ... fa71d7c8e2

And a patched version of the whole modpack for easy distribution: https://mega.nz/#!EKARQAKR!6oVQX8SkO5tL ... zj3XsWhxBo

mnokee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Post by mnokee »

I have been playing this modpack for quite a while

First of all thanks a lot for your work! I am having lots of fun.

Second some comments from my playthrough, using your starting scenario. I am now about to build the rocket so late game

- My main comment is that the "hardcore" setting is not at all hardcore/difficult in terms of fighting biters. I have only played vanilla a few times before so I am by no means a Factorio expert. However there was no real threat throughout the game. I would fault the fact that the evolution factor goes way down whenever I destroy a few biter nests. I was hovering around 50-65% for most of the game, but now at 40% after uranium power and efficiency/pollution modules reduced my pollution a lot. I suppose attacks are going to increase once I start building the rocket, but my defenses are quite advanced now and 40% evolution means no bigger biters. I would suggest removing the evolution decreases for the "hardcore" setting or make it 25% of the current setting.

- Additionally infinite ores plus the ever more efficient miners (and increasing efficiency in production) mean that I do not have any resource issues, and dont have to expand. in fact I have huge stockpiles in my warehouses. Aside from the starting ore patches at my base, I connected one additional patch of each type by train. By now I have mined all "normal ore" from these but mining infinite ores seems completely sufficient to keep going. I would suggest removing infinite ores in the "hardcore" setting or decrease their output to 25%

- There is some weird behavior with biters going on a rampage if I cut down wood (I suppose that is desired) but remain peaceful if I cut wood while I am in a car/tank/train. That doesnt make any sense. Same behavior when I attack a base - lots of reinforcements coming from other bases but only if I am outside of a vehicle. Dont know what is causing this.

Return to “Mods”