Topics and discussion about specific mods
Searge
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.5.2) updated 2016-12-16

Post by Searge »

Type: ModPack
Name: Searge's Mod Pack
Description: A small mod pack for Factorio 0.14.20+ that I made for my server.
License: Each mod is licensed under their respective terms.
Version: 2.5.2
Release: 2016-12-16
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.14.21
Category: ModPack
Tags: Free, ModPack, Searge
Download-Url: https://github.com/SeargeDP/SeargesFact ... -2.5.2.zip
Website: https://github.com/SeargeDP/SeargesFact ... ree/searge

NEW: multiple difficulty/complexity configurations, play it the way you prefer

The results of this poll were pretty obvious, even 6 hours before it ended:
Poll
So, based on this feedback, I decided to provide multiple configurations to choose from. The first group of people should already be happy with the default configuration. For the second group there is a less challenging configuration, but still with some biter action to keep it interesting. For the third group there's a configuration based on the peaceful mod, but with the progression, building cost, and research challenges of default mode. More information in the Difficulty Selection section of this post.
License
Long description
Difficulty Selection
Install Instructions
Pictures
Version history
Mod list
Last edited by Searge on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.15+] Searge's Mod Pack (v1.1.0) updated 2016-08-20

Post by Alaxandir »

Out of curiosity, is there some trick to installing this? I had to deactivate shuttle train and death chest to even get the client to generate a world.

Edit: Never mind, I had another mod get a 'nil' flag on world generation.. Maybe we're on different patches but i cant get this to work

Edit 2: I figured out I needed to opt into steam beta version works great. Installation instructions would be handy for noobs like me though, seems to be loading fine now.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Version 1.1.0 (2016-08-20): Removed KS Power and added Natural Evolution, Better Fluid Colors, Radar+ for RSO and Trash Landfill.
Out of curiosity Why Radar+ for RSO? Bobwarfare has additional tiers of radars.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Nexela wrote:
Version 1.1.0 (2016-08-20): Removed KS Power and added Natural Evolution, Better Fluid Colors, Radar+ for RSO and Trash Landfill.
Out of curiosity Why Radar+ for RSO? Bobwarfare has additional tiers of radars.
Good point. It will be removed in the next update.

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.15+] Searge's Mod Pack (v1.2.0) updated 2016-08-21

Post by Alaxandir »

Which mod adds all those chests with crude servos etc. I'm trying to figure out how to use them. Thanks. :)

http://imgur.com/a/ncxyY

Cant get the image tag to work sorry, this is what im talking about.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Alaxandir wrote:Which mod adds all those chests with crude servos etc. I'm trying to figure out how to use them. Thanks. :)

http://imgur.com/a/ncxyY

Cant get the image tag to work sorry, this is what im talking about.
The mod is called Surfaces.

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alaxandir »

Thank you Searge. Enjoying the pack, but it's a bit much for me I think.. I'm gonna try to play with just Bob's stuff for starters. I'm still too new :)

shyol
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shyol »

Hey, been playing your mod the last 300+ hours of factorio and i must say. This is by far the best compilation of mods. Good balance between surviving aliens and actualy building, the complexity of the builds in this mod is lovely. Have yet to unlock the Space part and FTL "Very Excited :D".

So Searge. I am here to plead too you and beg on my knees, can make it compatible with current build for factorio!

Much appreciated, Shyol.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

shyol wrote:Hey, been playing your mod the last 300+ hours of factorio and i must say. This is by far the best compilation of mods. Good balance between surviving aliens and actualy building, the complexity of the builds in this mod is lovely. Have yet to unlock the Space part and FTL "Very Excited :D".

So Searge. I am here to plead too you and beg on my knees, can make it compatible with current build for factorio!
Thanks for the feedback and I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the pack. I tried to focus on a good balance between the different aspects of the game and it seems that I managed that quite well.

I've started working on an updated version for 0.14. It will be a very similar pack with the same focus, but I'm not 100% sure yet if I can keep it compatible with the pack you've been playing. Many mods had big changes and some mods are not updated anymore, so I'm planning on removing some mods and adding some new mods.

So there is a high probability that the updated pack will require to start a new map. On the other hand I'll be able to tweak the pack a bit more and change some things that I didn't like in the 0.13 version of it.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

A preview (beta) version of this pack is now available for Factorio 0.14.20+ and can be downloaded from https://github.com/SeargeDP/factorio013 ... 14.20+.zip

It's around 66MB and contains the mods, some custom configuration and a world save that I recommend for a well balanced experience. To use it, copy the file from the _world folder into your saves folder. It's of course still possible to create a new world with custom settings and ignore the bundled world save.

I'll build a 'final' release of this pack after some testing, if there are no major issues. If anyone is playing this pack in a Youtube series, please send me the link :)

EDIT: updated the link to a beta version of the pack that will not crash on start with an error message
EDIT2: updated the link again, this time the changes are for more balanced resources vs. cost, also updated the recommended world save in the pack

lassie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lassie »

Looks like a nice mix of mods :) Glad to see you use your Minecraft modding knowledge over here at Factorio Searge :mrgreen:

As for a small recipe balance inbalance, it seems that the Electric Mining Drill has 2 recipes, one based on a Burner drill and one just based on ingredients. I suppose the latter should be somewhat cheaper, as is the case with basic inserters. Currently the recipe based on the Burner drill is cheaper considering raw resource input.

As for the supplied world save, if I load that one I'm automatically called SRGSRG instead of my usual nickname. Changing my name via options does not apply ingame. Is there maybe a way you can provide the world save as scenario? I believe that would solve this issue.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Thanks for the feedback and good point on the world save. I'm still learning the Factorio way of getting a pre-defined map into a pack without messing up the save state, but I'll look into making it a scenario.

EDIT: can you try the world in beta 2.0.3 that I just uploaded to https://github.com/SeargeDP/factorio013 ... 14.20+.zip and tell me if the problem is solved?

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.20+] Searge's Modpack (beta v2.0.4) updated 2016-11-22

Post by Searge »

OK, the latest beta version is now available at https://github.com/SeargeDP/factorio013 ... 14.20+.zip and it should be very close to a 'final' release version now. The included world has been updated and the balancing issues that were reported should now be fixed.

lassie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lassie »

Thanks, works like a charm :) it used my own nickname, and it has a nice little extra finishing touch you added ;-) And the recipes are fixed. Or not necessarily fixed, I see you just removed the recipes with burner things in them :twisted:

I'm very curious to see what setups people come up with in this pack. I also noticed the biter evolution goes up pretty darn quick, I didn't even have power up and was already at 1% :D

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

lassie wrote:Thanks, works like a charm :) it used my own nickname, and it has a nice little extra finishing touch you added ;-) And the recipes are fixed. Or not necessarily fixed, I see you just removed the recipes with burner things in them :twisted:

I'm very curious to see what setups people come up with in this pack. I also noticed the biter evolution goes up pretty darn quick, I didn't even have power up and was already at 1% :D
Yes, the pack is quite challenging and I'll have to play it for a while (and maybe get feedback from other people) to determine if I want to reduce the biter evolution rate or not. On the other hand, attacking biter colonies should reduce evolution a bit, so it might be ok.

Glad you like the pack, hopefully more people will try it and send me some feedback on it.

Frod
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Frod »

Hi Searge, quick question from someone new to Factorio mods.

I'm more into factories than fighting biters. I actually find them pretty annoying and I'm really happy that they'll remove the need for alien artifact for science packs. My question is: is this pack playable in peaceful mode? If not, can I do something about it like remove some mods or change some settings?

I'd like to try complex mods while waiting for the next update and your pack seemed pretty cool and I'm not experienced enough to build a modpack myself because I wouldn't know which mods to choose.

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Searge »

Frod wrote:Hi Searge, quick question from someone new to Factorio mods.

I'm more into factories than fighting biters. I actually find them pretty annoying and I'm really happy that they'll remove the need for alien artifact for science packs. My question is: is this pack playable in peaceful mode? If not, can I do something about it like remove some mods or change some settings?

I'd like to try complex mods while waiting for the next update and your pack seemed pretty cool and I'm not experienced enough to build a modpack myself because I wouldn't know which mods to choose.
Right now the mod pack is built around a balance between building and fighting biters. Just removing some mods and adding a peaceful-mod will probably not work too well, but it's worth a try. I'm considering to make an alternative (peaceful) version of the pack in the future, but right now I focus on getting this pack done.

So, to finally answer your question, if you don't like fighting biters, this pack is not the right option for now, because removing biters and using peaceful mod will most likely break something in the pack.

mnokee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.0.5) updated 2016-11-23

Post by mnokee »

Hi, just downloaded your modpack. Looks great, I have two questions

- in the factorio mod UI, Flow control for Bob pipes is red, lists Flow Control as dependency. As well, Bob´s Research Progress Saver requires a base < 0.14.8. Can I ignore these issues?

- there is a discussion on the natural evolution thread, suggesting it does not play well out of the box with RSO:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=13562&start=480#p196888
Did you adjust any of these RSO settings? Or have you playtested and found your modpack to be a good challenge? I am looking for sth much tougher than vanilla

Thanks!

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.0.5) updated 2016-11-23

Post by Searge »

Thanks for the feedback. There was indeed a problem with flow control and it will be fixed in the next version of the pack. I've also removed bobs tech save, it's obsolete and now apparently integrated in the game. I'll release the update later today.

About the settings for rso and ne: I have to test it a bit more to see how the balance turns out, but the settings are indeed tweaked to provide better balance.

So, if you plan to play this pack, wait a few hours until I find the time to release the updated version :)

Searge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.20+] Searge's Mod Pack (v2.0.6) updated 2016-11-23

Post by Searge »

I've released v2.0.6 some minutes ago and it fixes some reported issues. I'd also like to get some more feedback on desync issues in multiplayer, I had some problems with it and I'm currently trying to figure out if removing the MoWeather mod fixes the issue.

EDIT: Another potential problem seems to be a frozen daylight cycle in multiplayer, if you happen to be stuck without a day/night cycle, use

Code: Select all

/c game.surfaces["nauvis"].freeze_daytime(false)
on the server to "fix" it and send me some feedback, so I can look into it in more detail.

Return to “Mods”