Introducing NARMod 4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
damienreave
Inserter
Inserter

Introducing NARMod 4.1

Post by damienreave »

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?6kqu7c23hpsa4j1

Has it really been a year since my last release? Yeesh.

Extract the contents of the .rar into your mods folder. There are a bunch of other mods included that are optional but greatly improve gameplay, including Treefarm, RSO, Warehousing, Landfill, and others. You can add more mods on top of the ones I have, but no promises on compatibility.

Change Log from 3.2:

* Made NARMod compatible with Factorio 12.35

* Complete rework of the metallurgy system. All ores besides iron and copper are now derived from 'subsidiary ore', which is obtained as a byproduct of advanced methods of refining of iron and copper.

* Many non metal products including quartz, clay, and limestone, are now derived from crushed stone that has been run through a Stone Sorter.

* Added Brine Pools. These function just like patches of oil. Place a pump jack on top of them, and you'll get Brine Water, which can be used for a variety of purposes including salt water electrolysis and creating lithium plates.

* Added an optional Quickstart mode (on by default), which fills your inventory with useful starting materials. It should cut about 30 minutes off the start of any new playthrough. It can be turned off in the config files.

-----

NARMod is a mod for Factorio that aims to be a standalone mod to create a great Factorio experience for the experienced player.

Its target audience is those players who feel they have fully experienced vanilla Factorio and are craving to have the challenge and complexity of the game increased from the building/crafting side.

NARMod is enormously complex... probably roughly a three or four-fold increase in complexity from the vanilla experience.

It is not for everyone.

NARMod is a mod that changes the construction and crafting aspects of the game only. Enemies and combat are not altered in any way.
NARMod is unlikely to be compatable with other mods, except perhaps ones that only affect combat / enemies.

NARMod borrows content in some form or another from the following mod creators:

Bobbingabout, author of Bob's Mods

ficolas, author of F-mod

drs9999, author of Treefarm

Dysoch, author of Dytech

All credit to my fellow modders

Here's a (very outdated) picture tutorial on some parts of what NARMod entails: http://imgur.com/a/T8MYj

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Introducing NARMod 4.1

Post by Cyres »

I'll defenitly try it out but please upload it as zip-file due to factorio can load mods, packaged in zips ;)

Edit: Did you upload your mod folder?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi, nice mod
So this mod are compatible with bob mods?
Can i use Angel Processing mods with this mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Narmod is standalone, and does not support other mods. But it uses parts of Bobs mod.

Anyway, it is much more complex than Bobs or Angels mod, so i guess it is fine as a standalone mod.

AlphaIndx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlphaIndx »

I like this mod, and think it should have it's own subforum if the creator finds a need for it.

After playtesting it for a few hours I have found a number of bugs though and would like a place to report them, besides this thread.

Bugs:
1. There are issues with what items can be handcrafted, and which cannot.
2. Some recipes are active, which should not be. Steel piping and underground steel pipes for one.
3. There are also missing some important items like the electric assembly machine lvl 1.

There are likely many more.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

Okay I tested it and...

First of all I really like the complexity!
Haven't played much but is everything that small stepped like the beginning?
damienreave wrote:Complete rework of the metallurgy system. All ores besides iron and copper are now derived from 'subsidiary ore', which is obtained as a byproduct of advanced methods of refining of iron and copper.
I really don't like this design decision. May you create a config for enable/disable this? If you want I'll write a mod for compatibility with angels mods/extend angels mods.

It is really possible to add that much stuff without adding additional miners/assemblers/belts/furnaces etc.? I could help you adding things like Bob's...

Bug/Missing recipe: Anything for automate Wood/Synthetic wood. If i'd add the compatibility with angels mods this would be possible with Cellulose and Paste.

Cheers
Cyres

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I agree that Narmod should support Angels mods.

Narmod is much older than Angels mod so it came with its own ideas of processing resources.

But now Angels mod has a very good solution to ore processing, so i believe Narmod should support/use Angels mod for processing.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

Catbert wrote:I agree that Narmod should support Angels mods.
I'm on it :D

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

Okay, finished the first iteration of adjustments.

What is working? What is not working?
  • Angel's Processing (rest, maybe i'll add it later)
Todo:
  • Adjust some Technologies for a smoother progression
  • Alter the recipes for the angels-entities. Suggestions?
Examples: Downloads

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How to get -Subsidiary ore and Quartz, Cobalt, Alluminium and all features which bobingabout and Dysoch used in their mods - many technologies are unusable
Many resources aren't spawning, i can see only coal, stone, iron, copper, oil and brine

So NARmod not ready yet? I downloaded the link specified in this thread - version 0.4.1 and factorio 0.12.35, no another mods in the game only this mod
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nihth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nihth »

Yay, finally a new version :D
Havent been able to play Factorio without this mod :P

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Nihth wrote:Yay, finally a new version :D
Havent been able to play Factorio without this mod :P
Can u get subsidiary ore in this mod?

AlphaIndx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlphaIndx »

It works fine. You get the advanced minerals like tin, lead, gold etc. through higher tier mineral research and handling.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey I have dealt with the issue of subsidary ore getting, sorry for this questions about this, I had no idea how everything here seriously made that has done a great wotk, big respect for author and for authors of the another mods, this mod reminds me about cartmen overhaul mod

One little question - RSO not works correctly - its works normal when i'm starting simple game with generating map, but when i want to use map editor RSO doesn't spawn any ores only trees
I didn't cnhage any options of RSO mod in lua files

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:Okey I have dealt with the issue of subsidary ore getting, sorry for this questions about this, I had no idea how everything here seriously made that has done a great wotk, big respect for author and for authors of the another mods, this mod reminds me about cartmen overhaul mod

One little question - RSO not works correctly - its works normal when i'm starting simple game with generating map, but when i want to use map editor RSO doesn't spawn any ores only trees
I didn't cnhage any options of RSO mod in lua files
RSO doesn't work in the map editor - thats how the game works. I'm not entirely sure if it will spawn ores when you start game with map created in editor or you'll need to call regenrate command.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

So i cannot watch how RSO will spawen resources in map editor??? But uts really interesting to me lol :D 8-)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:So i cannot watch how RSO will spawen resources in map editor??? But uts really interesting to me lol :D 8-)
Correct.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

hmmm evaporator is not evaporating. o-o
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

Use the other input of the evaporator if it does not work...

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Catbert wrote:Use the other input of the evaporator if it does not work...
Still not working, it´s compress the numbers, but not eliminate the gases/fluids.

Also, pressure vessel structure is missing recipe and technology, im stuck when try to make aluminum. :/
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “Mods”