[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by jodokus31 »

BHakluyt wrote: Some help please. I can't find an Angel's bioprocessing subforum. I am trying to play a seablock game. Latest v16.24; all angels and bobs without enemies. (Turned biters and pollution off for performance.) ANyways, it seems the "forage cellulose fibres" recipe is broken, and I cannot find it in the mods documents. Am I missing something? Am I the only one stuck with this?
Nukeist wrote:okay i have to ask. how do i get a research building when it requires a basic circuit board that requires a wooden board i can't craft by hand? i tried the wooden board in angel's bio tab but it's different and didn't work. i can't build an assembler without automation research and i need an assembler to build a research lab? sorry if im missing something completely obvious
Sounds like there are problems to hand-craft some recipes.

I also updated to 0.16.24 today and for me it seems to work correctly.

Usually it work like this:
- cellulose fiber is handcraftable unlimitly
- wooden boards: brown algae -> alginic acid + cellulose fiber -> cellulose pulp -> paper -> wooden board. All recipes should be handcraftable except brown algae, which comes from saline water in algae farm

Maybe you have any missing or additional mods, which is the cause for this?

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

BHakluyt wrote:
Nukeist wrote:okay i have to ask. how do i get a research building when it requires a basic circuit board that requires a wooden board i can't craft by hand? i tried the wooden board in angel's bio tab but it's different and didn't work. i can't build an assembler without automation research and i need an assembler to build a research lab? sorry if im missing something completely obvious
Yes! My problem too. I think something is broken in Angel's bioprocessing mod?
According to bobingabout this is not an issue with his mod and it might be an issue with sea block
viewtopic.php?p=343903#p343903

even with just the mods in the sea block pack the issue persists. only the wooden boards needed by bob's basic circuit board are not handcraftable. the other wooden board and fiber board dont work for his recipe.

edit: image for clarity: https://gyazo.com/08ea9224b92ae320b10e5c3605d1b074
i need that red unhandcraftable wooden board to create the circuit beneath it in order to create a research lab

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nukeist wrote: even with just the mods in the sea block pack the issue persists. only the wooden boards needed by bob's basic circuit board are not handcraftable. the other wooden board and fiber board dont work for his recipe.
The wooden board from angels bioprocessing should work, even if the icon is different.
I looked up a thread, with an issue of bioprocessing, where the wooden board was actually the wrong one, but it has been fixed:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&p=331915#p333096

So since angelsbioprocessing_0.5.1, it should work.

The one from bobs tab is not craftable, because there is no raw wood or wood plate in the beginning.
EDIT: Actually, even with wood plates, I cannot hand craft it. But that is no issue, because I also have assembly machines now.

EDIT2: If you put brown algae and copper in your inventory, can you craft the basic circuit board?
Circuit

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

jodokus31 wrote:
Nukeist wrote: even with just the mods in the sea block pack the issue persists. only the wooden boards needed by bob's basic circuit board are not handcraftable. the other wooden board and fiber board dont work for his recipe.
The wooden board from angels bioprocessing should work, even if the icon is different.
I looked up a thread, with an issue of bioprocessing, where the wooden board was actually the wrong one, but it has been fixed:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&p=331915#p333096

So since angelsbioprocessing_0.5.1, it should work.

The one from bobs tab is not craftable, because there is no raw wood or wood plate in the beginning.
EDIT: Actually, even with wood plates, I cannot hand craft it. But that is no issue, because I also have assembly machines now.
I tried to use the incorrect icon one earlier but i will try it again. Either way it's worth noting that FNEI doesn't list it as part of the circuit board recipe and there is absolutely nothing suggesting it should be that one and only things pointing to the other. And...nope. I cheated myself some Wooden Board from the bio processing tab and i cannot craft a basic circuit board with them. how did you get your research lab?

Edit: well that is just insane...so if i cheat in the parts of the angels bio tab wooden board and then craft it i get the proper bobs wooden board that ive been waiting all this time for but if i cheat angel's board in instead of the mats it's the board with the wrong icon and it can't be used. there isnt an emoticon to express that frustration lol why are we using different icons for bobs and angels boards if the product is the same image? this couldve been avoided if that happened. FNEI is of no use unless you actually craft the angels bio wooden board by hand because otherwise you would assume it's the icon in angels bio, not the same one as the bobs one you cant hand craft.
Last edited by Nukeist on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nukeist wrote: I tried to use the incorrect icon one earlier but i will try it again. Either way it's worth noting that FNEI doesn't list it as part of the circuit board recipe and there is absolutely nothing suggesting it should be that one and only things pointing to the other. And...nope. I cheated myself some Wooden Board from the bio processing tab and i cannot craft a basic circuit board with them. how did you get your research lab?
This is what my FNEI says:
FNEI Wooden board

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

jodokus31 wrote:
Nukeist wrote: I tried to use the incorrect icon one earlier but i will try it again. Either way it's worth noting that FNEI doesn't list it as part of the circuit board recipe and there is absolutely nothing suggesting it should be that one and only things pointing to the other. And...nope. I cheated myself some Wooden Board from the bio processing tab and i cannot craft a basic circuit board with them. how did you get your research lab?
This is what my FNEI says:
FNEI Wooden board
that is what mine says as well now do a search for the wooden board graphic from angel's bio and you get nothing.

for some reason you cant pull up angel's board in fnei by typing wooden, you have to type board.

here is what mine shows: https://gyazo.com/03dc15151686d77b016624674db33437

the problem here is total misdirection in an already complicated mod setup. i had no reason to assume angel's bio wooden board did anything. I definitely had no reason to assume creating angels bio board would create bobs intermediate board instead
Last edited by Nukeist on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

BHakluyt wrote:
so the answer to this is just craft the angels bio board with its ingredients (rather than cheating it in) and it will create a bob's wooden board from the bob's intermediate's tab.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Nukeist wrote:
BHakluyt wrote:
so the answer to this is just craft the angels bio board with its ingredients (rather than cheating it in) and it will create a bob's wooden board from the bob's intermediate's tab.
i remeber i had that issue first too. but if i remember correctly, you could handcraft stuff from brow algae and green algae and put it together to get board, after i got some, i did make factories to do the rest.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

mexmer wrote:
Nukeist wrote:
BHakluyt wrote:
i remeber i had that issue first too. but if i remember correctly, you could handcraft stuff from brow algae and green algae and put it together to get board, after i got some, i did make factories to do the rest.
yeah that's where I'm at now. I'm over it and moving on but an easy solution for clarity would be this: change the icon for angel's cellulose-fiber-board to match bob's wooden board. the recipe for the cellulose fiber board would remain the same and it would be clear what you need to do. Idk if I should mention this to FNEI because changing the icon wouldn't fix the issue there. If you search cellulose fiber board there is no recipe to make it and the only recipe that takes it is recycling ones (if you have recycling mods). If you search FNEI for wooden board you will find a recipe for bob's wooden board with angel's materials but it says that it can only be made in assemblers. This is a disaster for anyone like me who starts a challenge like this and spends the first hour or so trying to plan ahead.

edit: wanted to add a conversation that demonstrates how confusing this might be to a new user. I could see something like this turning away users when there are options with far less requirements and I don't want that :)
https://pastebin.com/y8ekf8Mi

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:Here's an updated beta that works with factorio 0.16.18. SeaBlockPack_0.2.1.zip
It's still incomplete. I'd like to add ScienceCostTweaker, if that's ever updated to 0.16. The usual beta disclaimers still apply, don't be surprised if you need to rebuild your base in later releases.

Changes since 0.2.0:
  • You get a landfill refund when overwriting existing land with landfill of a similar type. Should be a bit more forgiving when accidentally placing incorrectly 'rotated' landfill.
  • Fix collision mask on cliffs.
  • Set base payload size of all bob's logistic bots to 1. The only benefit of higher tier bots is increased speed. Bot cargo size research still increases the cargo capacity of all bots.
  • Update all mods to latest versions.
The KS_Power diesel generator can burn methane, fuel oil, naphtha or diesel.
The way electric generators handle steam above their maximum temperature appears to have changed from factorio 0.15. Exceeding the maximum temperature will now waste energy, so make sure your generators can handle the increased temperature when upgrading boilers.
Licenses
No warehouses? that might be problem with item buffering. i know, there are silos (in angel smelting i think), still warehouses are good, also there are logistic versions of warehouses, which come handy, when you get robots.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nukeist wrote: yeah that's where I'm at now. I'm over it and moving on but an easy solution for clarity would be this: change the icon for angel's cellulose-fiber-board to match bob's wooden board. the recipe for the cellulose fiber board would remain the same and it would be clear what you need to do. Idk if I should mention this to FNEI because changing the icon wouldn't fix the issue there. If you search cellulose fiber board there is no recipe to make it and the only recipe that takes it is recycling ones (if you have recycling mods). If you search FNEI for wooden board you will find a recipe for bob's wooden board with angel's materials but it says that it can only be made in assemblers. This is a disaster for anyone like me who starts a challenge like this and spends the first hour or so trying to plan ahead.

edit: wanted to add a conversation that demonstrates how confusing this might be to a new user. I could see something like this turning away users when there are options with far less requirements and I don't want that :)
I just realized, that you may be playing the 0.15 version of Seablock?
If you play 0.16 Seablock, this potential confusion, which is real, is much more narrowed down by the tutorial style of progress.
Here, you get to the point where you have to create a basic circuit board very early without much other possibilities, which are still locked in the tech tree.

Nukeist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nukeist »

jodokus31 wrote:
Nukeist wrote: yeah that's where I'm at now. I'm over it and moving on but an easy solution for clarity would be this: change the icon for angel's cellulose-fiber-board to match bob's wooden board. the recipe for the cellulose fiber board would remain the same and it would be clear what you need to do. Idk if I should mention this to FNEI because changing the icon wouldn't fix the issue there. If you search cellulose fiber board there is no recipe to make it and the only recipe that takes it is recycling ones (if you have recycling mods). If you search FNEI for wooden board you will find a recipe for bob's wooden board with angel's materials but it says that it can only be made in assemblers. This is a disaster for anyone like me who starts a challenge like this and spends the first hour or so trying to plan ahead.

I just realized, that you may be playing the 0.15 version of Seablock?
If you play 0.16 Seablock, this potential confusion, which is real, is much more narrowed down by the tutorial style of progress.
Here, you get to the point where you have to create a basic circuit board very early without much other possibilities, which are still locked in the tech tree.
yes I'm playing the 0.15 version of Seablock and really have no choice in the matter until a stable 0.16 is released and 90% of the mods I use are released for 0.16 lol I appreciate the heads up though. That sounds much more clear than this. Any chance we could implement something similar for 0.15?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

You get cellulose fibers from green algae, or at least used to. Has that changed?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

mrvn wrote:You get cellulose fibers from green algae, or at least used to. Has that changed?
slaping woodboard from green/brown algae has not changed, it's same in .15 and .16

i can post my woodboard "farm" screenshot if needed, was working in 0.15, and works still in 0.16 :D

one just needs to care about ratios, it's not 1:1

thuejk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thuejk »

So trying 0.16 Sea Block.

I am now trying to make the 2 Drydock Assembly Components for SpaceX. Each take 50 Assembly robots, which each take 5 Fusion Powered Construction Robots, which each take 1 Portable Fusion Reactor, which each takes 250 Processing Units.

So in all, just for Drydock Assembly Components, I need 2*50*5*250=125000 Processing Units. Which is more Processing Units than you need for all yellow science for SpaceX (91726); and Processing Units are the hardest part of those sciences.

This seems excessive and disproportionate for the first component you need to build for SpaceX. All the other SpaceX components are far cheaper.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Thanks for your modpack! It is really interesting.
Trainwreck wrote:Here's an updated beta that works with factorio 0.16.18. SeaBlockPack_0.2.1.zip
It's still incomplete. I'd like to add ScienceCostTweaker, if that's ever updated to 0.16. The usual beta disclaimers still apply, don't be surprised if you need to rebuild your base in later releases.
Is reaching Lazy Bastard challenge intended to possible? I plan on reaching it (in spirit, additionally it would be nice if game recognized it) and I may check whatever it is possible to win with crafting within limit in SeaBlock.

There is no point in doing that and posting about if that it fixes for that (changing starting equipment) would not welcomed if it is already known to be impossible.

Nukeist wrote:Any chance we could implement something similar for 0.15?
I am not the author, but maintaining old version is typically done only for professionally made software (that is typically paid) and even then it very rarely includes adding new major features.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

fiery_salmon wrote: Is reaching Lazy Bastard challenge intended to possible? I plan on reaching it (in spirit, additionally it would be nice if game recognized it) and I may check whatever it is possible to win with crafting within limit in SeaBlock.

There is no point in doing that and posting about if that it fixes for that (changing starting equipment) would not welcomed if it is already known to be impossible.
I'm pretty optimistic, that its doable in 0.16:
Assembly machine 3 Lazy Bastard
It is a big puzzle to find out, how to avoid crafts, esp. until Assembly Machine 2, which can craft 4 ingredients and the most part of the tier 1 machines :)
And its a bit grindy, because u cannot scale so well (i sacrificed some crafts for assembler 1's) and no yellow inserters. (Took about 5 hours and 77 crafts to get to this point)
Until then, its hard because some smelting buildings require 5 ingredients. I sacrificed some crafts for casting, strand casting and induction furnace.
And its hard, because handcrafting saves a lot of power :)
Now i have Assembly Machine 3 and I hope that nothing severe will happen :D

Sidenote: I use ScienceCostTweaker, which may have an impact. good or bad

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote: Is reaching Lazy Bastard challenge intended to possible? I plan on reaching it (in spirit, additionally it would be nice if game recognized it) and I may check whatever it is possible to win with crafting within limit in SeaBlock.

It is a big puzzle to find out, how to avoid crafts, esp. until Assembly Machine 2, which can craft 4 ingredients and the most part of the tier 1 machines :)
And its a bit grindy, because u cannot scale so well (i sacrificed some crafts for assembler 1's) and no yellow inserters. (Took about 5 hours and 77 crafts to get to this point)
Until then, its hard because some smelting buildings require 5 ingredients. I sacrificed some crafts for casting, strand casting and induction furnace.

Sct will probly make thing harder, due more intermediates, never tried to do lazy bastard with seablock, since with bobs + angels is not possible. But trainwreck tweaks, might change it to possible state

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

@Trainwreck

From what I see coal is now impossible to produce. Would it be possible to remove it from list of resources? FNEI is still displaying it on list of resources what may be confusing for players.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mexmer wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:

Sct will probly make thing harder, due more intermediates, never tried to do lazy bastard with seablock, since with bobs + angels is not possible. But trainwreck tweaks, might change it to possible state
The biggest problem with regular Bobs+Angels is that you have to craft every intermediate and the power generation. Alone the lab requires ~50 crafts. I think, if you would start with 10 basic circuits in inventory, it would be possible.
In seablock there is a big stockpile of iron, gears, circuits, power poles, etc. And you have free power.
Anyway, its a great challenge to actually do it. A special challenge is the fuel, which you could handcraft from cellulose fiber, but that are big amounts of crafts. So you need to get started green algae with 2 wood pellets (13 crafts), which was possible :)
I can recommend this challenge, if someone has an affinity for this kind, because you can easily craft something wrong or run out of space, spend the provided ingredients on unneccesary things, etc. I needed a second try to actually manage it.

Return to “Mods”