[0.16] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by aober93 »

Sandman2003 wrote:Hi Aober93

If I can, I am going to make it possible for you to enable the vanilla marathon settings, and disable it from affecting the costs of the SpaceX research etc. This would be via a setting in the mod settings area.

Since it would be a setting (on/off), you could still take the option of enabling marathon, and having that impact SpaceX researches as well.
Not needed, i am able to mod your mod :shock: And im not running vanilla maraton ,but my own marathon mod. Currently busy balancing it anyway lol

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

aober93 wrote: Not needed, i am able to mod your mod :shock: And im not running vanilla maraton ,but my own marathon mod. Currently busy balancing it anyway lol
Very cool, but it is not just for you....And you would have needed to mod my mod for non-vanilla marathon anyway :lol:

Rapier31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rapier31 »

I'd like to try this with the bobs mod integration. How long do you think it will be before that is reimplemented?

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Rapier31 wrote:I'd like to try this with the bobs mod integration. How long do you think it will be before that is reimplemented?
A couple of weeks perhaps.... I don't think it will be particularly hard to do. I just have some personal stuff to deal with at the moment, first.

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

Can I use this with an existing save, or would I have to start from scratch?

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi zakman and sandman.

for zakman, i installed this recently on my curret angels and bobs mods single player save, on 0.14, and so far it all works perfectly with all my mods, listed below for you:
Achtung_1.0.0.zip
add-loader_0.0.8.zip
advanced-logistics-system_0.4.0.zip
air-filtering_0.4.3.zip
alien-module_0.2.5.zip
AlienGoopCracking_1.1.1.zip
Alien_Waste_Refining_0.0.6.zip
angelsaddons-oresilos_0.2.2.zip
angelsinfiniteores_0.5.4.zip
angelsrefining_0.6.7.zip
angelstrigger-refining-enableproductivity_0.1.1.zip
auto-research_2.2.1.zip
AutoDeconstruct_0.1.5.zip
autofill_1.4.6.zip
AutoTrash_1.0.1.zip
BigDrill_0.4.0.zip
BlackMarket_1.0.31.zip
bobassembly_0.14.0.zip
bobconfig_0.14.0.zip
bobelectronics_0.14.0.zip
bobenemies_0.14.0.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.14.0.zip
bobinserters_0.14.3.zip
boblibrary_0.14.3.zip
boblogistics_0.14.5.zip
bobmining_0.14.0.zip
bobmodules_0.14.2.zip
bobores_0.14.0.zip
bobplates_0.14.0.zip
bobpower_0.14.0.zip
bobrevamp_0.14.2.zip
bobtech_0.14.0.zip
bobwarfare_0.14.2.zip
Bottleneck_0.6.2.zip
bullet-trails_0.1.2.zip
BurnerLeech_0.1.7.zip
CharcoalBurner_1.0.5.zip
CopyAssemblerPipeDirection_0.1.0.zip
crafting_combinator_0.3.2.zip
Crafting_Speed_Research_0.1.4.zip
Enhanced_Map_Colors_1.3.9.zip
EvoGUI_0.4.108.zip
FARL_0.7.4.zip
Flow Control_2.1.4.zip
flowcontrolbobs_0.14.0.zip
Foreman_1.1.5.zip
Hydraulic_Mining_Drill_1.0.0.zip
ItemCount_1.0.1.zip
Larger Inventory_1.0.2.zip
Laser_Beam_Turrets_0.1.8.zip
LateUpgrades_0.2.2.zip
launch-control_0.2.1.zip
LightweightInvSort_1.0.0.zip
long-reach-research_0.1.2.zip
longer-belts-redux_0.14.2.zip
Map Ping_0.1.0.zip
MapLabels_0.1.3.zip
MeteMinigun_0.14.0.zip
MetePlasmaClip_0.14.0.zip
MetePlasmaDefense_0.14.0.zip
MeteRocketry_0.14.0.zip
minimap-autohide_0.9.1.zip
mod-list.json
mods.txt
NPBees_0.1.3.zip
NPBees_AN-addon_0.1.1.zip
Orbital Ion Cannon_1.4.6.zip
PickerExtended_2.0.1.zip
quickug_1.0.0.zip
RailTanker_1.4.0.zip
ResearchRevolution_0.14.9.zip
Rocket Personal Defence_0.1.1.zip
rso-mod_2.3.5.zip
ScoreExtended_1.0.22.zip
SmallFixes_1.0.0.zip
solidFuelStack_1.0.0.zip
SpaceMod_0.2.3.zip
Squeak Through_1.1.6.zip
StickyNotes_2.1.3.zip
StrangeMatter_0.1.4.zip
TombStones_0.14.1.zip
tree_collision_0.4.0.zip
undecorator_1.0.3.zip
upgrade-planner_1.2.14.zip
usefulSpace_0.2.7.zip
VehiclesEquipement_0.0.2.zip
VehicleSnap_1.14.21.zip
Warehousing_0.0.11.zip
what-is-it-used-for_1.1.5.zip
ZRecycling_0.13.22.zip

(almost all seem to work fine on multiplayer witha friend, though i havent tried spacex and a few other on multi yet)

and for sandman - nicce work with the cool mod :) - you get my 1st forum post too lol :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi I just reached the Hull Component part, where we start to construct the hull for the spaceship - its pretty cool :)

I had an idea for a mini expansion you could do, which might be relatively easy to do though am not sure?
What about adding something else to the list of things to do, after building the spaceship, which is to now Build 3 of the same Spaceships (or 5) to build a Space Fleet, along with something to utilise all the spare modules of various versions that we might have in stock (from bobs mods for example), to build an A.I Matrix for the fleet? :)

for example:
- another recipe could be added, to build a fleet (and that recipe simply includes a very large amount of items or subcomponents, to end up building a fleet item ,which gets launched like a satelite),
or, maybe a subset of that, is a Supporting Ship recipe, which includes all the items needed to build a ship, and as each one is launched, the game keeps track of them ,and once a certain number is reached, it marks the objective of "building a fleet" as complete :)

i also thought up a whole new mod though will post it in the mod ideas section soon too... (which can now be found below)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

0.15.31 first stable, yay... Did you get a chance to update to the latest bob's new space items?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sandman2003 wrote:
Rapier31 wrote:I'd like to try this with the bobs mod integration. How long do you think it will be before that is reimplemented?
A couple of weeks perhaps.... I don't think it will be particularly hard to do. I just have some personal stuff to deal with at the moment, first.
Sorry if you hear this question a lot, but do you have an updated estimate of when this will happen?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi hosh, was that for me?
i didnt know bob made space-related mods as well?

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

No food, Bob finished updating most of this recipes for rockets, satellites, and such (space related items) a couple weeks back and the devs are close to a stable 0.15. So I was just wondering if Sandman had time to update to the new recipes yet, as he was dealing with RL issues.

Currently still playing a bobs 0.14 doing a city block game, and we are a few weeks from finishing if we put our minds to it. And that is more now since I am finished this season of ranked for WOWS.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

oh ok, hopefully RL issues gt sorted out ok,

for your 0.14 game, i still have to complete the spacex project, with my (initially arumba angels bobs modpack) plus several more i installed :) like npbees which is cool as well, eg:
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=34176&start=20#p294780

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Sorry no Bob's mod integration in this latest update, but a few QoL things asked for.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Sandman2003 wrote:Sorry no Bob's mod integration in this latest update, but a few QoL things asked for.
What does bobs integration entail? Just recipes using his stuff?
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

diongham wrote:
Sandman2003 wrote:Sorry no Bob's mod integration in this latest update, but a few QoL things asked for.
Pretty much. It is not technically difficult to do, but as I haven't played with bobs mods in v0.15 I am reluctant to do it from a play experience point of view. I would want to do a xomplete bobs mods playthrough, work out what made sense to be incorporated into SpaceX mod, do the changes, then do a complete playthrough using bobs mods integration to see if it plays reasonably. So that is a lot of playing bobs mods that I don't specially want to do at the moment.

There is an addon mod you can use that people seem reasonably happy with.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sandman2003 wrote:
diongham wrote:
Pretty much. It is not technically difficult to do, but as I haven't played with bobs mods in v0.15 I am reluctant to do it from a play experience point of view. I would want to do a xomplete bobs mods playthrough, work out what made sense to be incorporated into SpaceX mod, do the changes, then do a complete playthrough using bobs mods integration to see if it plays reasonably. So that is a lot of playing bobs mods that I don't specially want to do at the moment.

There is an addon mod you can use that people seem reasonably happy with.
Yep, I put that on my list of mods util you do (if ever) update this to be compatible. Don't feel rushed or anything, it would just be nice to shorten the list a little, along with my just thinking that it might work better if it was all together in one mod.

*Legal disclaimer: I haven't gotten around to using any of these mods. Yet.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Introprospector
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Introprospector »

Is there any plan to integrate an orbital layer into this mod? An orbital layer with a player-built platform was part of the original endgame plan for vanilla, and I think it would integrate well into the drydock section of this mod. Players could launch a basic platform, extend it using a landfill type item and power the platform as it builds itself. Then extractors can send miners back and forth to the asteroid belt, reducing the need for ground resources being launched and providing an infinite but difficult to obtain source of materials. Then once it's large enough the drydock gets added and you gotta build it.

Just an idea. Awesome mod

justneel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by justneel »

Just an FYI that with the last version of Factorio and the mod, this mod crashes the app:

395.841 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 44606078: Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
Unknown interface: silo_script
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>
395.841 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
Unknown interface: silo_script
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>"
395.841 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(44606078) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

rfvgyhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rfvgyhn »

Is there something special I need to to do get this running on a multiplayer server? I'm actually trying to run seablock on my server but just using spacemod causes the same error.

Factorio Version: 0.15.37
Spacemod Version: 0.3.1

Error:

Code: Select all

1.422 Checksum for script __SpaceMod__/control.lua: 2593015162
   1.677 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running on_configuration_changed: __SpaceMod__/control.lua:261: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
   1.677 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
   1.678 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:140: Quitting multiplayer connection.
   1.678 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(InitializationFailed) to(Closed)
   1.709 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
   1.713 Goodbye
Startup Command:

"/opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "/usr/local/bin/factorio" "--start-server" "/saves/game.zip" "--mod-directory" "/mods" "--rcon-password" "asdf" "--rcon-port" "27015" "--server-settings" "/config/server-settings.json"
server-settings.json:

{
  "name": "Factorio Server",
  "description": "Hurray for Docker!",
  "tags": ["game", "tags"],

"_comment_max_players": "Maximum number of players allowed, admins can join even a full server. 0 means unlimited.",
  "max_players": 0,

"_comment_visibility": ["public: Game will be published on the official Factorio matching server",
                          "lan: Game will be broadcast on LAN"],
  "visibility":
  {
    "public": false,
    "lan": true
  },

"_comment_credentials": "Your factorio.com login credentials. Required for games with visibility public",
  "username": "",
  "password": "",

"_comment_token": "Authentication token. May be used instead of 'password' above.",
  "token": "",

"game_password": "asdf",

"_comment_require_user_verification": "When set to true, the server will only allow clients that have a valid Factorio.com account",
  "require_user_verification": true,

"_comment_max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second" : "optional, default value is 0. 0 means unlimited.",
  "max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second": 0,

"_comment_minimum_latency_in_ticks": "optional one tick is 16ms in default speed, default value is 0. 0 means no minimum.",
  "minimum_latency_in_ticks": 0,

"_comment_ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players": "Players that played on this map already can join even when the max player limit was reached.",
  "ignore_player_limit_for_returning_players": false,

"_comment_allow_commands": "possible values are, true, false and admins-only",
  "allow_commands": "admins-only",

"_comment_autosave_interval": "Autosave interval in minutes",
  "autosave_interval": 10,

"_comment_autosave_slots": "server autosave slots, it is cycled through when the server autosaves.",
  "autosave_slots": 5,

"_comment_afk_autokick_interval": "How many minutes until someone is kicked when doing nothing, 0 for never.",
  "afk_autokick_interval": 5,

"_comment_auto_pause": "Whether should the server be paused when no players are present.",
  "auto_pause": true,

"only_admins_can_pause_the_game": true,

"_comment_autosave_only_on_server": "Whether autosaves should be saved only on server or also on all connected clients. Default is true.",
  "autosave_only_on_server": true,

"_comment_admins": "List of case insensitive usernames, that will be promoted immediately",
  "admins": []
}
It looks like the on config changed hook expects there to be players in the game. I didn't see a link to your source so I can't submit a PR, but checking if game.players is empty before printing "mod version changed processed" seems to fix the issue.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Introprospector wrote:Is there any plan to integrate an orbital layer into this mod? An orbital layer with a player-built platform was part of the original endgame plan for vanilla, and I think it would integrate well into the drydock section of this mod. Players could launch a basic platform, extend it using a landfill type item and power the platform as it builds itself. Then extractors can send miners back and forth to the asteroid belt, reducing the need for ground resources being launched and providing an infinite but difficult to obtain source of materials. Then once it's large enough the drydock gets added and you gotta build it.

Just an idea. Awesome mod
I have been thinking about something sort of along these lines - zero g processing component for the ftl drive ....

Return to “Mods”