Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mylon's Multiple Mods

Post by abordoli »

Mylon wrote:I've been working a lot of softmods lately. If you want to add logistic mining to your server, I wrote Nougat Mining: https://github.com/Brickcaster/factorio ... mining.lua
Do you have a "Mod Portal" link?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I haven't yet published it as a standalone mod. As there are other logistic mining options, I'm not sure if there's any interest.

worthstream
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by worthstream »

Dangoreus with Bob's ores is really fun. In a masochistic way, but it's fun. :)

There's only a little incompatibility: It does spawn thorium ore even if it's disabled, and thorium has no use at the moment in bob's. It should spawn uranium instead.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

worthstream wrote:Dangoreus with Bob's ores is really fun. In a masochistic way, but it's fun. :)

There's only a little incompatibility: It does spawn thorium ore even if it's disabled, and thorium has no use at the moment in bob's. It should spawn uranium instead.
I put out a fix. If you update it should automatically replace thorium with other valid ores.

worthstream
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by worthstream »

Thanks, but on an existing map the thorium did not disappear. I can't test on a new map, starting a new game gives this error:

Error while running on_init: __dangOreus__/control.lua:221: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Running dangOreus 1.1.2

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

worthstream wrote:Thanks, but on an existing map the thorium did not disappear. I can't test on a new map, starting a new game gives this error:

Error while running on_init: __dangOreus__/control.lua:221: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Running dangOreus 1.1.2
Having looked into Bob's Ores... It does not use surface.map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls to determine the placement of ores. I'll put out a patch to respect not placing an ore if the auto-place is none, but because Bobs does not use this, it will spawn thorium.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi there,

It seems like the force of the belt seems to be taken from the roboport not the previous belt that is replaced. This means that sometimes at random certain belts will be upgraded and then belong to another enemy force (give they have also at least one roboport). The range and position of those roboports doesn't matter because the force inside the script is once read from a certain roboport that is checked, but then all the ghosts are traversed and eventually placed. So also ghosts in range of another roboport.

Together with robot mining site this created a certain issue: https://github.com/judos/robotMiningSite/issues/13
(My mod does create a different force for the mining robots. For they are kept separate from the usual construction robots.)

Can you maybe update the script such that the force of a newly placed belt is always the same as the what the belt belonged to before upgrading?

Thanks and cheers!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

judos wrote: Can you maybe update the script such that the force of a newly placed belt is always the same as the what the belt belonged to before upgrading?
Done. Thanks for letting me know there was a conflcit.

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

Hello.

I tried to use DangOreus with an Angel's Ores campaign (Angel's Ores relies heavily on Bob's mods to function.), but the map generated has problems.

The map generates Iron, Copper, Stone, Uranium, and Thorium. Angel's Ores does not spawn these minerals normally. (Quick Angel's Ores primer: Angel's Ores spawns Saphirite and Stiratite which yield iron and copper, respectively, through refining. Uranium can be extracted from Stiratite which requires some mid to late game refining technology. The refining process creates stone as a byproduct.) I cannot disable spawns of the vanilla ores because Angel's Ores does not give me that option.

As for Thorium, I see from previous posts people have been disabling thorium until Bob's mods updates with useful recipes for thorium. Angel's Ores doesn't give me the option to disable thorium.

Also, a minor complication I also ran into was the map's capacity to spawn Crude Oil, Gas Wells, and Fissure Sites. Vanilla Oil deposits are removed in favor of these liquid deposits. I really have to turn up the frequency of these to make them appear on the map, and I have yet to see a single Fissure Site appear in any of my attempts.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Re fluids: DangOreus has no effect on fluid resource spawning. So crude oil, gas wells, fissures all should spawn as normal.

I guess the mods use their own generation logic to determine how to place ores rather than relying on the game's map generation method. I'm not entirely sure how to make them compatible, beyond researching how each mod spawns ore and finding out how to detect that and short circuit normal ore generation. Which seems like a lot of work. I'll see if Angel wants to help.

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

Mylon wrote:Re fluids: DangOreus has no effect on fluid resource spawning. So crude oil, gas wells, fissures all should spawn as normal.
Perhaps on that front, playing with RSO has spoiled me a bit. RSO has a way of guaranteeing needed resources are always close to spawn, but I turned that off in favor of seeing what your mod could do. RSO works flawlessly with Angel's Ores. You may be able to find some further assistance there.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

Hello Mylon,

i am about to start a 0.14 map (having issues on my old rig with 0.15 for yet unknown reasons) and simply wanted to ask: Would it possible for me to adjust your last 0.14 version to remove fracking but to keep the nice prospecting feature?

Since you stated it wasn't working i'm just curious.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

OldFritz wrote:Hello Mylon,

i am about to start a 0.14 map (having issues on my old rig with 0.15 for yet unknown reasons) and simply wanted to ask: Would it possible for me to adjust your last 0.14 version to remove fracking but to keep the nice prospecting feature?

Since you stated it wasn't working i'm just curious.
Several things:
Fracking was working in 0.14. I removed because the same method did not work in 0.15.
I believe if you go into control.lua you can comment out

Code: Select all

require "fracking"
and that will disable it.
Or you can use version 0.8.2. The only non-fracking change in 0.9.0 was who gets notified when a prospector runs out of stuff to do.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

Oh i see, pardon, my bad. Thanks for clearing this up and the quick response. :)

LordMimir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LordMimir »

Mylon,
There reason that the attempted fix to remove thorium did not work is due to the location of the "not" in the if statement.
Changing where the not is in the if statement will fix the issue with thorium, and at the same time corrects the problem of having stone, iron, and copper spawn when using Angel's Ores.

The divOresity_init() Function call in control.lua has the following check to see if an ore should be added to the list.
Original if Statement:

if v.type == "resource" and v.resource_category == "basic-solid" and not (game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name] and game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name].size == "none") then
Currently the "not" includes both the check if the item exists, and the check to see if size is "none". It will be true not only when there is a size value is not equal to "none", but also when the resource is not in the autoplace controls at all. By moving the "not" to only check against the size, the resource will not be added to the list, when the resource does not have an autoplace control, and when the size is set to none.

Working If Statement:

if v.type == "resource" and v.resource_category == "basic-solid" and game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name] and not  (game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name].size == "none") then
**Edited as when changed code here forgot to leave the () around the part after the "not" That caused the error that Cobalt40 was seeing.
Last edited by LordMimir on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

LordMimir wrote:Mylon,
There reason that the attempted fix to remove thorium did not work is due to the location of the "not" in the if statement.
Changing where the not is in the if statement will fix the issue with thorium, and at the same time corrects the problem of having stone, iron, and copper spawn when using Angel's Ores.

The divOresity_init() Function call in control.lua has the following check to see if an ore should be added to the list.
Original if Statement:

if v.type == "resource" and v.resource_category == "basic-solid" and not (game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name] and game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name].size == "none") then
Currently the "not" includes both the check if the item exists, and the check to see if size is "none". It will be true not only when there is a size value is not equal to "none", but also when the resource is not in the autoplace controls at all. By moving the "not" to only check against the size, the resource will not be added to the list, when the resource does not have an autoplace control, and when the size is set to none.

Working If Statement:

if v.type == "resource" and v.resource_category == "basic-solid" and game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name] and not  game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name].size == "none" then
I tried your code change with Angel's Ores, and I got a crash on map generation. From what I am allowed to see, the ores spawned like vanilla, and I get this message before the map closes and sends me back to the main menu:

Error while running event
dangOreus::on_chunk_generated (ID 12)
_ _dangOreus_ _/control.lua:112: bad argument
#1 to 'random' (interval is empty)

Any custom settings I am using include disabling infinite ores, infinite coal, and enemy bases which did not cause a crash before.

LordMimir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LordMimir »

Cobalt40 wrote: I tried your code change with Angel's Ores, and I got a crash on map generation. From what I am allowed to see, the ores spawned like vanilla, and I get this message before the map closes and sends me back to the main menu:

Any custom settings I am using include disabling infinite ores, infinite coal, and enemy bases which did not cause a crash before.
Cobalt40,
I checked what I posted to what I had in the file, and noticed that when made the edits on the Forum, I had left off the () around the part of the if statement that the "Not" affected. Have corrected the original post with the fixed line. Also have the corrected one shown below. I tested it with just Angels Ores and Angels refining, and then again with bob's ores added as well. Already know it works when have bobs as well and will remove thorium if remove the check from "Enable thorium ore"

if v.type == "resource" and v.resource_category == "basic-solid" and game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name] and not  (game.surfaces[1].map_gen_settings.autoplace_controls[v.name].size == "none") then

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

LordMimir wrote:
Cobalt40 wrote: I tried your code change with Angel's Ores, and I got a crash on map generation. From what I am allowed to see, the ores spawned like vanilla, and I get this message before the map closes and sends me back to the main menu:

Cobalt40,
I checked what I posted to what I had in the file, and noticed that when made the edits on the Forum, I had left off the () around the part of the if statement that the "Not" affected. Have corrected the original post with the fixed line. Also have the corrected one shown below. I tested it with just Angels Ores and Angels refining, and then again with bob's ores added as well. Already know it works when have bobs as well and will remove thorium if remove the check from "Enable thorium ore"

Thank you. Everything seems to be working as expected. I guess I'll try this Angel's Ores map out a bit.

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

DangOreus is definitely a unique marathon mod. One suggestion I would like to make to improve this mod is to find a way to disable the map from counting nearby mineral resources, which causes a lot of lag and noise data as my map grows thanks to placing radar dishes. (Being told what composition of minerals literally surrounds me us pretty useless given the nature of this mod.). All I care about on the map is locating fluid deposits.

This would probably be another concern for spotting enemy bases. (I've been playing on peaceful with no enemy bases. So, I cannot tell)

Bucketsmith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bucketsmith »

Not sure if you're still active, hope so.

For the automatic belt upgrader mod, it would be fantastic if we had an in-game switch, hotkey or mod option to turn it on or off.
When you get to juuuuust about making some blue tier transport items, you want to slowly start upgrading your base, and also keep some on you for new stuff to build.
But the production of the blue items is too slow to deal with the MASSIVE task of upgrading the entire base all at once, leaving me unable to grab and hold any blue items for myself. My own personal roboport and construction bots will take it out of my inventory to upgrade random bits I walk by.

Return to “Mods”