Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SQLek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mylon's Multiple Mods

Post by SQLek »

8963.152 Error MainLoop.cpp:850: Exception at tick 4573574: Error while running event Bluebuild::on_tick (ID 0)
__Bluebuild__/control.lua:181: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'miningtime' (a nil value)
Bug introduced by 0.15.11. From changelog:
Changed LuaEntityPrototype::mineable_properties "miningtime" -> "mining_time" and "miningparticle" -> "mining_particle".
Maybe checking if miningtime == nil then use mining_time?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

miningtime became mining_time. The current version I'm working on is crash-free, but demod items are cleared instantly. Working to fix that.

Reznoriam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Reznoriam »

I'm seeing an issue wherein if my logistics network has no concrete, and then even a small amount of concrete is added then every roboport simultaneously tries to lay ghosts resulting in several hundred unfulfilled requests.

Based on my understanding of the lua classes, I believe you can do some simple arithmatic based on the following: LuaLogisticNetwork.provider_points.targeted_items_pickup

I'm not that good with lua but my presumption is that it wouldn't be hard to quickly create a sum.

Subtracting the number of requested items from the total number of items would prevent the mod from trying to place more ghosts than there is available concrete.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

My understanding is once items are targetted for pick up, they're no longer counted as being in the network. I'll have to research this more.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Bluebuild fixed! Working once again with the newest version of Factorio.

pulsar9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pulsar9 »

Version 1.1.2 of Bluebuild caused my game to hover between 45-50 FPS/UPS. My map isn't big. I do have other mods but I'm not sure that is part of the problem. The game did go back to 60 FPS/UPS when I was moving around.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

pulsar9 wrote:Version 1.1.2 of Bluebuild caused my game to hover between 45-50 FPS/UPS. My map isn't big. I do have other mods but I'm not sure that is part of the problem. The game did go back to 60 FPS/UPS when I was moving around.
This sounds like it might be a bluebuild issue. You can press f5 and see how long it takes (in milliseconds) for each mod to update.

shosurokenshin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shosurokenshin »

I am running 0.15.13, using the belt upgrader mod for the first time on a new map. Thinking that upgrading would be automatic, I waited to research red belts until after I had roboports and construction bots, so the base all yellow belts. Well, I just researched red belts and have my red belts/splitters/undergrounds being mass-produced and put into provider chests. The mod started noticing I have reds available and ghosts started appearing, but when the bots get there to drop the red belt, they just hover there and the mining animation is shown under them. I have to manually place remove the belt that is there then they drop the new belt (then I usually accidentally mine the new belt and everything on it too). The stupid bots stay there trying to mine the belts until they run out of juice, fly back to a roboport and return to their futile effort of failing to pick up the yellow belt.

It had a similar problem changing inserters to fast inserters, the bots would take a while to mine the item, but this time the bots taking multiple trips back to recharge and still failing to mine the old belt.

MatthewGP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MatthewGP »

Thank you for many many months of BlueBuild enjoyment. I am happy to say I had no problems.

Of course, no thank you is complete without the "however" :)

So presently, when Autodemo is set to true my FPS/UPS drop to 30 and the script update time on bluebuild jumps up to 17-20. Turning it off results in 60fps/ups and script update time of 0.3-0.4 (autoconstruct is true).
I have not tested 1.1.2 any further due to that problem.

I do not have this problem when using bluebuild version 1.1.1.
v1.1.1 crashes the game when there are modules inside of a machine ghost. However, it otherwise works fine for me if I just change line 181 to .mining_time

http://i.imgur.com/XI3itLh.jpg

Thanks for a fun add-on!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Thanks for the report Matthew. I tweaked the code and it seems to run faster. Can you give 1.1.3 a try?

MatthewGP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MatthewGP »

Nice work! Stays around 0.5 utilization and doesn't crash when there are modules in my blueprint. Very nice, thanks for taking the time to update it :D

MatthewGP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MatthewGP »

After playing for a bit, there are still some challenges:

A. Bluebuild stops deconstruction after a period of time. Toggle it on and off does not get it to work. Tried in multiple areas at different times to see if it would start working. At first I thought you had implemented something so that it would not deconstruct when in a Logistic zone, but it just stops working everywhere.

B. Construction of blueprints is extremely rapid. I actually like it, but it is a tad cheaty for me at the moment. Would be great to be able to turn it up to this speed after I have launched my rocket though :D

C. Maybe not your fault, but based on the message it could be. When using YARM (Yet another resource manager) and going to view an ore area, an error is thrown and the game exits immediately taking you back to the main menu.
Picture of error http://i.imgur.com/BPU6lX9.jpg

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Fracking is back! Now released as its own mod. Instead of using a separate entity to handle the fracking you now input the fracking fluid directly into the pumpjacks themselves.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Mod : Concreep

How does tile pattern work ?
I put a 4x4 tile pattern beneath one of the roboport. Then sending the outpost a concrete & hazard concrete.
But the bot didn't follow pattern, only laying down the plain concrete.

Edit 1 :

Here's the image:
Pattern : http://imgur.com/RF4MP1V
Beneath roboport : http://imgur.com/a/sIEdC
Result : http://imgur.com/aaExq62

Edit 2:
Tried to put all the pattern beneath ALL roboport, doesn't work either...

Hmmm...

jimbob2504
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jimbob2504 »

hi I have noticed with blue build the auto-deconstruct isn't working

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi there,
I read in the text of concreep: "This includes hazard concrete and extra kinds of concrete, like those added by Colored Concrete.".
However I don't find colored concrete for factorio 0.15.
Does this still work? Does it support Dectorio mod? I remember in 0.14 with colored concrete it used to place red concrete around furnaces which looked really nice.

Thanks for your help

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Concreep seems to replicate the pattern fine for me.

http://i.imgur.com/3J3xZXG.png

http://i.imgur.com/D2NDhui.png

I did notice some strange behavior where sometimes it wouldn't creep at all, especially for the first roboport (as there are no previous construction bots on the logistic net) so I'll look into that.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Mylon wrote:Concreep seems to replicate the pattern fine for me.

http://i.imgur.com/3J3xZXG.png

http://i.imgur.com/D2NDhui.png

I did notice some strange behavior where sometimes it wouldn't creep at all, especially for the first roboport (as there are no previous construction bots on the logistic net) so I'll look into that.
After couple of hours, suddenly they started to tile the pattern. In a way they change from plain concrete to following the pattern..
And yes i check numerous times, the hazard concrete is available on log net, and as far as i know, i didn't use any mod that add/alter concrete.
So the end result, is kinda weird base, where some portion is using pattern, and some part is plain concrete.

Also another weird behavior, the first two base did use half or so idle bot (from 300+), but the third base (the one that have pattern laying problem), only used around 20 bot from a total of 350 idle bot.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Thanks for the interest Judos. I should have specified, but it's compatible with Color Coding: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/justaran ... lor-coding

I looked at dectorio and it uses a weird name for its concrete "dect-paint-..." which means concreep doesn't see it as concrete and rips it up.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Sometimes Concreep left a "hole", a very small portion of tile didn't get the concrete.

It seems random pattern, sometimes it's a straight line (dot between tiles, and some random pattern.
Both sample images is in the pic i attached.
Sample image
At first i thought this happen on the base that didn't use perfectly aligned roboport.
But it also happen in base that have perfect aligned roboport.

Not a huge deal, but figured i 'm just reporting it.

Return to “Mods”